That’s Embarrassing OPEN

Image posted by the member
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
Interactions
Reducio
@Ginny Angel
Text
Reducio
Elara - #B97A84
Thoughts - italics
Word Count
Reducio
235
OOC Note
Reducio
Banner by Leo Noxley
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
Date: n/a
n/a :Time
▛
▜
The corridor was busier than usual that afternoon. Students were coming and going between classes, talking as they made their way through the castle. Elara walked along the side of the corridor. She had a couple of books tucked against her chest, with her sketchbook resting on top. She kept her eyes ahead, occasionally moving aside when someone passed by. She had been thinking about what she wanted to draw later. Maybe something from the grounds. She had noticed a few interesting trees on her way back from class earlier. She was still thinking about it when her foot caught on the edge of the stone floor. Elara stumbled. She tried to steady herself, but it was too late. The books slipped from her arms and landed on the floor. Her sketchbook fell open a little further away. She froze for a moment. Oh no. A few students nearby turned to look. Elara quickly crouched down and reached for her books. She could feel her face getting warm. She picked up the first book and placed it beside her. Then she reached for the second one. Her sketchbook was still lying a short distance away. One of the pages had fallen open, showing a half-finished drawing she had been working on. She glanced around before reaching for it. More students were walking past. She tried to gather everything quickly, hoping people would stop paying attention.
▙
▟

Sta • 5 | Eva • 4 | Str • 4
Wis • 7 | Arc • 8 | Acc • 7
Elara Whitlock
Making memories that last
Perfectionist | Ability | Ability
Ability | Ability | Ability

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
Reducio
Mentions: @Elara Whitlock
Time: Afternoon
Location: Corridor near Courtyard, Hogwarts
Outfit: Standard Hufflepuff Uniform
I push my way through the bustling corridor towards the courtyard. I intend to find a sunny spot and do my latest batch of homework in the warm afternoon sun. I'm armed with my textbooks, parchment, an inkpot, and my favourite quill, all packed into my satchel, along with a large chocolate bar. I'm a big believer in study snacks.
I turn onto my side to squeeze through a particularly crowded part of the hallway, nearly tripping when someone's shoulder bumps mine with incredible force. I love Hogwarts, but sometimes I miss my old school. Being the oldest was the best, because no one was mean to you and no one knocked you over in the halls. Also, my old school was a lot smaller and didn't have moving staircases, making it a lot easier to navigate. I swear, this castle is trying to get me a detention for being late.
I go up on my tiptoes and crane my neck to see down the corridor. Over the many heads of students, I can just see the big double doors that lead out into the courtyard. I'm nearly outside when I spy a movement out of the corner of my eye.
The hallway is full of students, going here and there, and I don't know why this movement catches my eye, but it does.
It's a girl with wavy chestnut brown hair. She's clutching a couple of books to her chest and appears lost in thought. As I watch, she stumbles. Her books go flying, one of them falling open near my feet. It's a sketchbook, and the page it's fallen open to is a half-complete drawing of the Black Lake. I crouch down and pick it up to examine it more closely. It's amazing. The detail, texture, and shading are absolutely stunning, and I look up at the girl in awe.
"Is this yours?" I ask. "It's brilliant."
I notice her freckled face is flushed red and her grey-blue eyes pierce into mine.
"Oh, I'm so sorry," I say. "You probably don't want me looking at your work."
I shut the sketchbook and hand it back to her. "Are you an artist? Because that is an amazing artwork. I wish I could draw like that. How did you learn?"
I realise I'm babbling and clamp my mouth shut. When the girl doesn't answer, I decide that if she's not going to talk, then I will.
"My name's Ginny, Ginny Angel. You're a first-year Hufflepuff too, right? I saw you at the Sorting Ceremony and in classes and the common room and stuff."
This time, when I stop talking, I make sure to wait for her to say something before continuing.

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
WC: 311
Mentions: @Elara Whitlock, @Ginny Angel

It was one Hogwarts school day, not too different from the rest, and Bella was rushing through the corridors, trying to get to her class without getting lost, yelled at, or called out for "running", even though practically everyone was rushing to get to class before the last bell. She reached inside her bag to grab her quill when she gasped.

"Bella! You left it on your bed when you were getting everything ready!" she scolded herself, panicking. Checking her watch, she still had a couple minutes left, so she decided that if she hurried, she might still be able to make it on time, even with the detour.

Slightly panicked, she realized that she wasn't the only hectic person in the halls who was probably going to be late. She sighed.

"Never again,"
she muttered to herself. Her head was so in the clouds that she didn't realize that the hallways suddenly went quiet, before the muttering started.

Bella's head snapped up, eyes squinting. She could see a girl about her age kneeling on the floor, another girl talking to her kindly. But that was all she could see from this far away.

She sighed. She knew that if she stopped, she would be late for sure. But Bella also knew that she would NEVER just walk past without checking on the girl, stranger or not.

So she, resigned, walked forwards...before almost tripping on a book.

"Ughh, Bella! What are you thinking today?" she whispered, bending down to pick up the book that must have belonged to the girl crouching in the hallway.

"Oh, wait! Elara! Ginny! Hi! Elara, is this your book?"
Bella's eyes widened as she took in the mess, and then the two girls, both her friends that she met earlier in the year, at the center of it.

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
Image posted by the member
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
Interactions
Reducio
@Ginny Angel
@Bella Light
Text
Reducio
Elara - #B97A84
Thoughts - italics
Word Count
Reducio
275
OOC Note
Reducio
Banner by Leo Noxley
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
Date: n/a
n/a :Time
▛
▜
Elara looked up when she heard the voice. Her eyes went to the sketchbook in the girl’s hands. She hesitated for a moment before taking it back. "Yeah. It's mine. Thank you." She held it against her books, keeping the cover closed. Her cheeks were still a little pink. "It's okay," she said when the girl apologised. "I just didn't want anyone to see that one." She glanced down at the sketchbook. The drawing was still unfinished. There were a few parts she wanted to change before she was happy with it. When the girl asked if she was an artist, Elara gave a small shake of her head. "Not really. I just like drawing." A faint smile appeared when the girl said she wished she could draw like that. "I don't really know. I just started drawing things I saw," she said.

Then Ginny introduced herself. "Elara. Elara Whitlock." She shifted the books in her arms. They were a little awkward to hold now that the sketchbook was on top again. "And yeah. I'm in Hufflepuff too." Elara had seen Ginny around before. She remembered her from the Sorting Ceremony and the common room, though they had never really spoken. "I've seen you around too." She gave a small nod, then glanced down at the books in her arms. She was still a little embarrassed about dropping everything in the middle of the corridor. Then she heard Bella's voice. Elara looked up and saw her holding one of the books. "Oh, hi, Bella." She reached for it and put it with the others. "Thank you for picking it up. I almost missed that one."
▙
▟

Sta • 5 | Eva • 4 | Str • 4
Wis • 7 | Arc • 8 | Acc • 7
Elara Whitlock
Making memories that last
Perfectionist | Ability | Ability
Ability | Ability | Ability

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
Reducio
Mentions: @Elara Whitlock @Bella Light
Time: Afternoon
Location: Corridor near Courtyard, Hogwarts
Outfit: Standard Hufflepuff Uniform
I turn to Elara. "Are you OK?"
I can't believe that she didn't want anyone to see her work, especially when it was so amazing, but the real shock comes when she tells me that she's not an artist.
"What? But you're so good! I wish I could draw like that. Seriously, girl, you've got a gift," I tell her. I realise after a moment that my voice is loud enough to carry across the hall, and a couple of students have turned to look. The pink in Elara's cheeks deepens into crimson at the gaze of the other people.
I quickly change the subject and lower my voice. "Where were you going?" I ask her. "I was just headed out to the courtyard to do some homework." I throw a hand dramatically over my face and groan. "I hate homework."
I notice a familiar person bounding towards us, holding a book out to Elara. "Oh, hi Bella!" I say, waving at the dark-haired girl. I swear she keeps turning up everywhere. Not that I'm complaining. She's sweet and kind, and her bubbliness seems to match my own energy.
"Are you OK?" I ask, noticing a faint pink in her cheeks and a flustered look on her face.

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
WC: 216
Mentions: @Elara Whitlock, @Ginny Angel

As Bella's friends enthusiastically said hello to her, she couldn't help but wonder if she was going to get yelled at for being late.

"Ah, well. I'm already probably late. Being an extra few minutes late is okay," Bella muttered to herself.

"Are you OK?" Ginny asked, snapping Bella out of her thoughts. Bella, slightly flustered, nodded. She was technically okay, but she just disliked the feeling of rushing, then being late. Of all the eyes that will stare at her, and the teacher remarking 'Oh, you're late!' Of course, Bella knew she would pretend things to be fine, but deep inside, she completely hated those feelings that are due to come.

"Yep! I'm fine. Just might be a little bit late to class. I forgot my quill in my dorm, so I'm rushing back to get it when I saw you guys," Bella explained. "And no problem, Elara! Glad to help a friend!" Bella grinned. She figured that she could always just say she was checking in on a friend. It wasn't like she was "skipping", after all. She wouldn't do that. Of course not!

Tilting her head, she asked, "What are you two doing here, Elara and Ginny? Don't you have class (last period) to go to too?"

Last edited by Bella Light on 27 Sep 2026, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

That’s Embarrassing OPEN
Image posted by the member
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
░▓
Interactions
Reducio
@Ginny Angel
@Bella Light
Text
Reducio
Elara - #B97A84
Thoughts - italics
Word Count
Reducio
227
OOC Note
Reducio
Banner by Leo Noxley
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
▓░
Date: n/a
n/a :Time
▛
▜
Elara gave a small nod when Ginny asked if she was okay. "Yeah. I'm okay." She glanced down at her books. "Oh… thank you." She wasn't sure what to say after that. Elara didn't think much about her drawings. She just liked drawing things she saw, so being called an artist felt a little strange. "I was on my way to class. I was just thinking about drawing later." She looked at Ginny when she mentioned doing homework outside. "Doing it outside sounds nice." Elara moved one of the books back into place. "I wasn't really paying attention," she admitted. She looked at the floor. "I was thinking about what I wanted to draw." The trees she had seen outside earlier had caught her attention. She had been thinking about them since then and wanted to try drawing them later. "That was probably why I tripped." She gave a small, embarrassed smile. Then she looked at Bella. "You might still make it on time." Elara noticed one of the books was starting to slide and caught it before it fell. She tucked it back into the stack and checked that her sketchbook was still closed. She looked at Bella's quillless hand for a moment, remembering what Bella had said about leaving it in her dorm. "Going all the way back for your quill must be quite annoying."
▙
▟

Sta • 5 | Eva • 4 | Str • 4
Wis • 7 | Arc • 8 | Acc • 7
Elara Whitlock
Making memories that last
Perfectionist | Ability | Ability
Ability | Ability | Ability