Something To Do PV Silas Vance

Reducio
@Silas Vance


I listen closely as he speaks, noticing the way his face lightens up as he talks about his potential adventures and encounters with beasts, and I can't help but giggle a little at his excitement.

I shudder a bit when he talks about dragons. Reading about them in fantasy books was one thing, but now? Knowing that those huge, scaly, fire breathing monsters actually exist? That alone is enough to make my timbers shiver.

"Yeah, dragons are really scary. I've obviously never encountered one myself, but I would really like to keep it that way," I ponder for a little bit, "Hmm.. If I ever worked with animals, I'd wanna work with something cute and pretty... Like a unicorn or a fairy. Ohh! When you become a super cool, uh," I pause, not really sure what to call the profession, "...Magical zoologist? Make sure to send me pictures! Only of the super cute fairies and unicorns though... You can keep the dragon pics to yourself" I laugh.

A warm feeling rushes through me and I blush a bit myself at his friendship proposal, "uh..haha.." I find myself getting all nervous again, but I shake it off and quickly return his handshake, smiling a little bit wider than I mean to.

"I'd love to be your friend! And for you to be my knight in shining armor.." I say that last part a little shyly, "I'll make sure to pick out a fun club for us too!" I add with an enthusiastic grin.

Something To Do PV Silas Vance
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


He smiles at her reactions. While he has respect for magical beasts, scary? He is not so sure. He doesn't find them any more scary then a lion. Naturally there are precautions and thy are wild animals or in this case beasts but it feels like fear would not do much more then needlessly make him panic. He lets go of her hand after shaking it, and says the following.

"Knight in shinning armor huh? That is quite the fun thought, though I believe if I was in a suit of armor I would fall over."

He laughs a bit at the thought of that. He picked up a replica sword once, he could hardly swing it properly strength just is not his strong suit sadly. As much as he would LIKE to be a knight he is far more like Merlin then anything. Well Merlin being the story book version... which likely is the same person.

"I believe the profession is known as Magizoologist so your not far off they simply cleaned it up a bit. I will be sure to bring one of those film cameras, I am not entirely sure but I heard they work regardless of magic. I am surprised you have no desire to see the dragons even by photos! They are incredibly majestic despite being magical creatures capable of extreme destruction. I look forward to you selection of club, I have a feeling it will be quite interesting. Oh, maybe in time you can watch me during my duels? I cannot pretend to be perfect at them but I will train very hard until I am accepted into the dueling club, I should at least be fun to watch."

He can't help but smile again, she is quite friendly with him even more then most which is somehow quite noticeable. Regardless he hopes they have some classes together, she is a bit more grounded then some he talks to. That perspective is refreshing to say the least.

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Chidera Amayo

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710

Something To Do PV Silas Vance
Reducio
@Silas Vance


I purse my lips when he talks about how he'd fall over in a suit of armor, "Hmm" I say, rubbing my chin, "Then I guess I'd just have to sew one for you myself. I'd probably learn how to do this from sewing club. If they have one." I give myself a nod of approval at my fantastic idea.

"A nice and pretty suit of fabric that's 10 times lighter but just as effective. There has to be some sort of charm for that no? If not then we'd just have to make one. That's possible right? Of course we'd have to do that in the charm making club...If they have that as well" I pause for a moment before laughing at my own joke, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding... If I ever become good enough to create my own charm, it'd probably be when I'm, like, 70" I giggle

"And yeah, Dragons are really cool and I see why you like them... but the majestic aspect of them was a lot easier to appreciate before I knew they were real and actually capable of causing destruction. And I'd love to watch you duel! Maybe I could learn a few moves myself" I say, knowing very well I'm far from the combative type.

But it really would be cool to see him in action, and I felt quite honored he was inviting me to watch whenever he does give it a try. I soften into a slight frown, "You have to promise not to get hurt bad though okay? That wouldn't be really fun to watch"

After a moment, I look at him again, "And if I ever do pick up a sport or anything, you have to come to some of my games okay? And don't worry, I'll find something fun for the both of us to do together!"

Something To Do PV Silas Vance
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


He laughs a bit, fabric capable of being as effective as steel plate but without the weight would be amazing. In theory it should be somewhat possible though it is somewhat unnecessary for modern wizard life... but it would be incredibly cool regardless.

"We are only in year one! Don't get to far ahead of yourself yet! I believe there is a good chance you will be able to become quite good at spells give just a couple years. Naturally it will take everyone time to perfect anything. As for the dueling part I will do my best not to get severely hurt that naturally was the goal."

He chuckles a bit at that, magic makes it possible to stop things like death from happening in these controlled environments but naturally it is a risk... hopefully not larger then he considers.

"I would be more then happy to watch you play in a sport, have you considered broom racing? To my knowledge you can only do one sport at a time but for me at least it was a toss up between dueling and broom racing. Though fair warning in every sport people have a tendancy to play a bit dirty so just keep a eye out on that. In my opinion some take these sports FAR to seriously instead of taking there studies more seriously but that is neither here nor there. Oh that reminds me we probably should not be out here for too long are you ready to head back? I will walk you if you like."

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Chidera Amayo

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710

Something To Do PV Silas Vance
Reducio
@Silas Vance


I think it's really sweet how he actually entertains the idea of me possibly making my own charm one day. Give it just a couple years he says. I can't help but softly laugh at that because I don't even see something like that happening in my lifetime, but I find the faith he has in my abilities to be flattering.

"You're really kind you know?" I tell him, looking at him with a gentle smile, and I mean it. It's easy to tell, even from the short amount of time we've spent conversing with each other. "Thanks for having faith in me, but let's be honest. Out of the two of us, if anybody's actually gonna invent their own charm it'd definitely be you" I say, playfully nudging his arm with my elbow.

I pause for a moment, taking note of the slowly setting sun before nodding in agreement, "Oh yeah. It's probably about time to head out. And yes, I'd love to walk together" I say, trying to conceal the slight giddiness I feel from him asking to walk back together.

I stand up and brush off some fallen leaves from my skirt, "I have heard of broom racing yes. Don't really know how I feel about heights though... so It might be something I pick up later on if I decide to do it. After I've actually gone through a flying class you know. Maybe you could try dueling one year and broom racing for another?"

Something To Do PV Silas Vance
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


Seeing her stand he follows the movement with her standing up himself. He notices he has a bit of leaves on him as well, odd usually that would bother him quite a bit. Realizing he's looking down a bit too long he looks up at her smiling. Hearing her call him kind catches him off guard a bit.

"Kind? I am... well thank you for the kind words. I find you to be quite nice, to talk to and I suppose ramble too."

He tilts his head slightly at her comment on him inventing a charm, frankly he finds it quite absurd.

"I am not as confidant as you are on that, I mean the first step would be desire right? Give it time I believe you will blossom quite well in this school. Besides! It is entirely possible you come up with a charm I would not be so ready to sell yourself short! Confidence is key."

Hearing her suggest he tries both sports makes him think on it for a moment. There is a waiting list regardless maybe he should simply just apply to both.

"What a good idea! I will just apply to both then and whatever I get into this year I will do the opposite next year! I should have thought of that. How was it at your flying class by the way? I have quite heavily enjoyed the defense against the dark arts classes"

He then scoops up what belongings he has and takes a couple steps backwards towards Hogwarts, he flashes a grin at her with his hands open inviting her to follow.

"You coming?

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Chidera Amayo

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710