20 Sep 2026, 15:01
Respite amongst the tree
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
Living in the new wonderful boarding school has presented many new and peculiar challenges to Silas. All and all however he finds himself just on the edges of the grounds nearly as often as he finds himself in the library. Naturally in both instances he is surrounded by a pile of books. His favorite section, mostly because no one is there when he goes, is a spot just under a tree with a flat stone. A good enough surface for a few books to be spread on it as well as to lean his notebook on it to take notes. Today he is particularly drawn to some of the fauna here. While most he recognizes some are new to him. His poorly made sketches of a small flower patch he sees is his primary focus for now, he makes a small mental note to wander over to someone whom is taking to herbology to see if they can be identified.
His pack leans against the stone slightly ajar as he has clearly half haphazardly tossed his books in leaving nothing on the stone except the notebook he is making his drawings in. He highly doubts anyone will come out this was as none seem to have so far, and as such he is incredibly focused on the flowers. A part of him does wish however that someone else was here to enjoy this with him.
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
@Bella Light
Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
20 Sep 2026, 15:08
Respite amongst the tree
WC: 209
Mentions: @Silas Vance
Bella was just happily walking along the Hogwarts Grounds one day when she saw a Slytherin boy, who she recognized was a first-year though she didn't know his name. He was leaning against a tree, holding a notebook in his hand. She was shocked because she usually didn't see anyone so far out from the castle, almost to the wall, which blocked them from going too far and risking getting lost.
"Hey, do you mind if I join you?" Bella asked, smiling. "I'm Bella Light. A first-year, like you, and in Slytherin, too. What's your name? It's rare that I find someone so far away from where most people hang out, though the quiet is nice sometimes. Anyways, how are you?"
Bella slid down next to where the boy was sitting. She quietly sat with him for a minute, just enjoying the wind blowing back her hair and the sound of chirping birds, before starting to talk again.
"There are a lot of flowers and trees here that aren't trampled over, which I'm glad for because this is like the best place for me to have some inspiration for any of the stories and songs I write for fun. Why are you out here today?"
OOC Notes: Hi, Silas! I'm so glad we could RP together!
Mentions: @Silas Vance
Bella was just happily walking along the Hogwarts Grounds one day when she saw a Slytherin boy, who she recognized was a first-year though she didn't know his name. He was leaning against a tree, holding a notebook in his hand. She was shocked because she usually didn't see anyone so far out from the castle, almost to the wall, which blocked them from going too far and risking getting lost.
"Hey, do you mind if I join you?" Bella asked, smiling. "I'm Bella Light. A first-year, like you, and in Slytherin, too. What's your name? It's rare that I find someone so far away from where most people hang out, though the quiet is nice sometimes. Anyways, how are you?"
Bella slid down next to where the boy was sitting. She quietly sat with him for a minute, just enjoying the wind blowing back her hair and the sound of chirping birds, before starting to talk again.
"There are a lot of flowers and trees here that aren't trampled over, which I'm glad for because this is like the best place for me to have some inspiration for any of the stories and songs I write for fun. Why are you out here today?"
OOC Notes: Hi, Silas! I'm so glad we could RP together!
"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."
20 Sep 2026, 15:21
Respite amongst the tree
The following is my general template
He startles at first hearing someone talking rather close to him nearly dropping his quill. When he turns and sees her sitting by him he adjusts how he is sitting for a more relaxed cross legged position.
"It is nice to meet you Bella, my name is Silas Vance. It is true many don't come out this way though I suppose I found it merely because I find it difficult to be in crowded places. Oh and I am doing quite well thank you for asking. How are you doing today?"
He closes his notebook and sets down his quill prepared to have a more thorough conversation.
"Well beyond the scenery like you mentioned, I come out here to study usually but I suppose today I am just enjoying the peace of it all. Is there something particular you planned on doing today? To say the least if general fauna interest you it is hardly in short supply here, though if I am being completely honest I know little of what these happen to be but they are quite beautiful aren't they"
He turns back to the flowers gently pushing his braid behind his should as a small smile comes to his face.
OOC Notes: Yeah! Who knows maybe others may even join in
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
He startles at first hearing someone talking rather close to him nearly dropping his quill. When he turns and sees her sitting by him he adjusts how he is sitting for a more relaxed cross legged position.
"It is nice to meet you Bella, my name is Silas Vance. It is true many don't come out this way though I suppose I found it merely because I find it difficult to be in crowded places. Oh and I am doing quite well thank you for asking. How are you doing today?"
He closes his notebook and sets down his quill prepared to have a more thorough conversation.
"Well beyond the scenery like you mentioned, I come out here to study usually but I suppose today I am just enjoying the peace of it all. Is there something particular you planned on doing today? To say the least if general fauna interest you it is hardly in short supply here, though if I am being completely honest I know little of what these happen to be but they are quite beautiful aren't they"
He turns back to the flowers gently pushing his braid behind his should as a small smile comes to his face.
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
OOC Notes: Yeah! Who knows maybe others may even join in
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
@Bella Light
Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
24 Sep 2026, 09:58
Respite amongst the tree
WC: 234
Mentions: @Silas Vance
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS
"Hi, Silas! I'm doing great, too!" Bella gives a chuckle. "I don't know plants very well either, but they really are beautiful."
Bella sighed, looking around at the flowers and trees that grew around them.
"I just came here to write, but also get some peace and quiet for a while before joining back in. To recharge, yeah?" she admitted, smiling.
She stood up, stretching her legs.
"Well, Silas, how are you liking Hogwarts? Favorite and least favorite part?" she asked. "I love meeting new people and becoming friends with them, but the worst part is probably just homesickness. Or getting like a bunch of homework on the same day when you are really tired and all you want to do is explore or just read a book or stuff like that."
Bella grinned. "Have you gotten a chance to explore around Hogwarts, yet? I have never thought Hogwarts would have this many secrets! I mean, it is a magic school with centuries of history, but there are also so many memories and interesting things to discover! Those portraits, though." Bella shook her head, laughing. "They really do get on my nerves now and then."
She was about to say more when she heard a sound.
OOC Notes: Sorry it took me a while to respond! Feel free to develop this story however you would like!
Mentions: @Silas Vance
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS
"Hi, Silas! I'm doing great, too!" Bella gives a chuckle. "I don't know plants very well either, but they really are beautiful."
Bella sighed, looking around at the flowers and trees that grew around them.
"I just came here to write, but also get some peace and quiet for a while before joining back in. To recharge, yeah?" she admitted, smiling.
She stood up, stretching her legs.
"Well, Silas, how are you liking Hogwarts? Favorite and least favorite part?" she asked. "I love meeting new people and becoming friends with them, but the worst part is probably just homesickness. Or getting like a bunch of homework on the same day when you are really tired and all you want to do is explore or just read a book or stuff like that."
Bella grinned. "Have you gotten a chance to explore around Hogwarts, yet? I have never thought Hogwarts would have this many secrets! I mean, it is a magic school with centuries of history, but there are also so many memories and interesting things to discover! Those portraits, though." Bella shook her head, laughing. "They really do get on my nerves now and then."
She was about to say more when she heard a sound.
OOC Notes: Sorry it took me a while to respond! Feel free to develop this story however you would like!
"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."
24 Sep 2026, 11:08
Respite amongst the tree
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
He listens mostly silently as she speaks nodding occasionally so she knows hes paying attention.
"I think I am doing well enough here, I suppose truth told its the wilderness that is my favorite part about hogwarts and if I had to pick a least favorite it just seems so... Over crowded. I don't do well in larger crowds so you won't find me to often sitting in the courtyard for example. If I am there I am likely waiting for someone."
He chuckles a bit saying that, At the mention of exploring hogwarts his eyes light up just a bit.
"Yes! Absolutely while I have not seen all of it I have seen all the parts I care to see. I particularly like sneaking off to see the magical creatures they are incredibly fascinating! "
It is only then he realizes she isn't quite listening almost like she heard something nearby. While he has not seen anything dangerous out this way he is unwilling to risk anything. In truth as much as he is in awe of beasts they terrify him in there own way.
"Did you hear something? I often have squirrels visit me out this way, though it may be best we head back just in case. I believe I do have some homework I need to finish regardless. It is quite the chore after all"
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
OOC Notes: You are entirely fine.
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
@Bella Light
Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
25 Sep 2026, 08:18
Respite amongst the tree
WC: 217
Mentions: @Silas Vance
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS
Bella chuckled, feeling slightly silly if it was just a squirrel. However, when she and Silas were walking back to the castle, she couldn't help but feel slightly unsettled.
"Yeahhh....let's go back in, just in case. And ooh, yes! Magical creatures are AMAZING!! I have to say that even though I do like socializing, it can be a lot sometimes, you know? It's a balance," she smiled slightly.
As they walked along the path, she saw something.
"Oooh! Look at that bird! So pretty!" Bella pointed to a bird on the tree, who was fluttering its wings and seemed to stare at them before flying away.
"You can really appreciate nature here...I love it!" Bella muttered to Silas. She started to think about nature, which made her think of herbology, which made her think about what Silas said earlier.
"Oh, yeah! Homework! I have like, a couple pages left, but I thought I would come out for a break first. Speaking of homework, what's your favorite and least favorite class? Do you like herbology? Nature and all? I really liked charms and potions, it's just fun for me."
Bella grinned, half-skipping half-waking along the path in delight of just being able to be out enjoying nature.
OOC NOTES:
Mentions: @Silas Vance
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS
Bella chuckled, feeling slightly silly if it was just a squirrel. However, when she and Silas were walking back to the castle, she couldn't help but feel slightly unsettled.
"Yeahhh....let's go back in, just in case. And ooh, yes! Magical creatures are AMAZING!! I have to say that even though I do like socializing, it can be a lot sometimes, you know? It's a balance," she smiled slightly.
As they walked along the path, she saw something.
"Oooh! Look at that bird! So pretty!" Bella pointed to a bird on the tree, who was fluttering its wings and seemed to stare at them before flying away.
"You can really appreciate nature here...I love it!" Bella muttered to Silas. She started to think about nature, which made her think of herbology, which made her think about what Silas said earlier.
"Oh, yeah! Homework! I have like, a couple pages left, but I thought I would come out for a break first. Speaking of homework, what's your favorite and least favorite class? Do you like herbology? Nature and all? I really liked charms and potions, it's just fun for me."
Bella grinned, half-skipping half-waking along the path in delight of just being able to be out enjoying nature.
OOC NOTES:
"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."
25 Sep 2026, 13:29
Respite amongst the tree
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
Walking beside her he listens carefully with a lightness to his step. Whatever was watching them doesn't concern him. Not really anyways. For all he's concerned he's safe till he's not, then he will deal with it.
"Believe it or not my favorite is Defence Against the Dark Arts, with my least favorite being Astronomy. I just can't find too much interest in it. You are most certainly right about the nature here! I seem to get caught out here more often then I'd like to truth but I'm mostly okay with that I get to meet people just like you. I myself am not the most sociable but... Students make it easy for me here. I improvement from my time in muggle schools."
He follows her gaze looking at the bird. He did not get the best look at it, however he isn't to well first versed on the various types of birds that wander these grounds. Circling back to the topic of homework he smiles drops just slightly. He thinks on the weight of it all. Truth told, it scares him a bit.
"I suppose I have some work myself I have been holding off on. It is unfortunate but my outing at least may be coming to a end, however I'm not too concerned I am sure I'll meet you often enough. Assuming you wish to hang out with me of course though I imagine you would."
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
@Bella Light
Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
25 Sep 2026, 13:44
Respite amongst the tree
WC: 232
Mentions: @Silas Vance
"Well, I'm glad that it's easier for you here! You will be here for the next seven years, after all," Bella grinned. "And yeah, Defense Against the Dark Arts is a really cool class!"
Bella checked her watch, then looked up.
"Well, it was really nice meeting you, Silas! I have to say I was trying to prolong our trip outside as I really don't want to go inside to do homework," Bella groaned. "And seeing that we are both first-year Slytherins, I'm sure we will meet sometime, in the halls, in classes, in the common room, all of that. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you more!"
Bella waved as they reached the front doors of the castle, and then she walked off to the common room to get her homework from her dorm. She paused briefly to wave to several of her housemates and friends in the common room before heading up to her room. After grabbing her bag with one hand, she jogged off to the library to get some work done.
It's awesome that everyone here -- mostly -- are so nice! It's so fun to meet new people, and to have more exciting adventures and make new friendships! I wonder what I will find next!
OOC Notes: Well, that was super fun, Silas! Looking forward to RPing with you soon!
Mentions: @Silas Vance
"Well, I'm glad that it's easier for you here! You will be here for the next seven years, after all," Bella grinned. "And yeah, Defense Against the Dark Arts is a really cool class!"
Bella checked her watch, then looked up.
"Well, it was really nice meeting you, Silas! I have to say I was trying to prolong our trip outside as I really don't want to go inside to do homework," Bella groaned. "And seeing that we are both first-year Slytherins, I'm sure we will meet sometime, in the halls, in classes, in the common room, all of that. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you more!"
Bella waved as they reached the front doors of the castle, and then she walked off to the common room to get her homework from her dorm. She paused briefly to wave to several of her housemates and friends in the common room before heading up to her room. After grabbing her bag with one hand, she jogged off to the library to get some work done.
It's awesome that everyone here -- mostly -- are so nice! It's so fun to meet new people, and to have more exciting adventures and make new friendships! I wonder what I will find next!
OOC Notes: Well, that was super fun, Silas! Looking forward to RPing with you soon!
"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."
25 Sep 2026, 14:11
Respite amongst the tree
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
Silas gives her a general goodbye and waves as she runs off. Quite the positive cookie that one is. He had a feeling she was simply ignoring her work for awhile, after all he was too. Just at the edge of the courtyard is a strone he tends to prefer to do his homework on. He sits down in front of it, gently setting his work out as well as small weights to hold the papers down. Looking at the papers he can't help but smile as he begins his homework.
He truly did enjoy the company but something about this very thing, doing school work in a wizarding school, he just can't help but smile at that. Him a wizard? Here he was always dressing up as a kid as a knight just to end up as a wizard instead. Is that cruel? He's not sure but he's most certainly happy regardless of what it means. He does stop to think to himself, even if for just a moment. It may be time to begin thinking of acquiring a pet. He's seen a couple other students with pets and well, it would be nice to have a quiet companion that journeyed with him. After considering it, he begins writing his answers into the homework deciding that in truth it can wait. For now, he has questions on potions he needs to have answered. These particular potions he... Failed to pay attention and found drawing little animals for notes was more important. He is now realizing that was quite foolish.
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦
OOC Notes: Thanks for hanging out with me in RP Bella! This was totally fun. As you have left the scene and my character is no longer in the grounds I will be locking this post
.✦ ──────────────────────────✦
@Bella Light
Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710