✨~ First charms lesson ~✨
I gave an awkward little laugh as she mentioned more animals I didn’t know about and more schools I wasn’t sure about, but she still answered the best she could, “Yeah, they’re pretty common, I think, and they’re really cute!! But I’m more of a cat person, personally.” I said and then glanced behind to see the book levitating for a moment before looking back at Hass because I didn’t want to be rude. When she mentioned where she came from and her family, I smiled and said, “Really? That’s so cool!!” I said happily. I then said, “What do purebloods do their whole lives before hogwarts or the other schools? Do they go to school?” Just out of curiosity. I still wasn’t completely sure about the way things worked since well I’d only just recently realized I was a witch and was enrolled into hogwarts. I would definitely not be able to comfortably tell you all about the wizarding world if you’d asked me yet. That’s exactly why I was asking Hasianna, she mentioned being a pureblood so really there wasn’t a more perfect time to ask than now since she was my first friend and all. It never really hurt to learn, especially if this was going to be my life now.
“Moon dust in your lungs,
stars in your eyes.
You are a child of the Cosmos,
and ruler of the skies.”
— Erin Lester
✨~ First charms lesson ~✨
Hasianna's life before Hogwarts was hard to remember. She does remember lots and lots of stories of Hogwarts, and being taught one on one in their home in London.
"Before Hogwarts?" Hasianna says, tilting her head again, "well, I was privately tutored since going to Muggle School would be a bit dangerous, just in case of a magic blow up. My parents taught me some things, and a witch they hired was helping me too."
She thinks again for a moment, picking out another bean from her box, holding it out again for Nellie to take one if she wanted, "I also went to Japan a lot. I might be going again this Christmas, I'm not quite sure. Anyway, it was a great time to see my family and connect with my older cousins. They attend the same school as my mother did, and I sometimes write to them. It was like having siblings, except on the other side of the world."
Popping her bean in her mouth, Hasianna adds, "Other than that, I would say similar to the usual. I had some friends from my parents friends kids, played with toys, read books, listened to music. Just... more magical?"
Her face twists as she tastes the traumatic 'Trash' bean, and coughs, "Yuck. Trash is absolutely disgusting." She shakes her head, "What was your childhood like?"
"Before Hogwarts?" Hasianna says, tilting her head again, "well, I was privately tutored since going to Muggle School would be a bit dangerous, just in case of a magic blow up. My parents taught me some things, and a witch they hired was helping me too."
She thinks again for a moment, picking out another bean from her box, holding it out again for Nellie to take one if she wanted, "I also went to Japan a lot. I might be going again this Christmas, I'm not quite sure. Anyway, it was a great time to see my family and connect with my older cousins. They attend the same school as my mother did, and I sometimes write to them. It was like having siblings, except on the other side of the world."
Popping her bean in her mouth, Hasianna adds, "Other than that, I would say similar to the usual. I had some friends from my parents friends kids, played with toys, read books, listened to music. Just... more magical?"
Her face twists as she tastes the traumatic 'Trash' bean, and coughs, "Yuck. Trash is absolutely disgusting." She shakes her head, "What was your childhood like?"
one must know the problem better than the solution, or the solution becomes the problem.
✨~ First charms lesson ~✨
Nellie smiled as she watch Hasianna eat the trash bean and she gave a little laugh at the face she’d made before quietly saying, “Sorry, sorry for laughing. That’s nice you got to go to Japan, though. I’d like to go someday whenever I’m old enough.” Nellie said then took another bean and popped it into her mouth before she did the same disgusted face Hasianna had just did only moments before that Nellie had laughed at and she said, “Dirty bandage..” with clear disgust in her voice, however she had nowhere to spit it so she just swallowed through the horrible taste and then said, “I really do hope that was the worst flavor because if there’s anymore like that I’m not sure I’ll be able to stomach it..” Nellie admitted. Whenever Hasianna asked what Nellie’s childhood was like Nellie paused for a moment, thinking. “Oh well I went to muggle school and learned science, history, math, and English. I had a lot of friends, thankfully. However, my mum is a Veela so I think I got friends mainly because I was charming thanks to her? Either way I’m glad for it.” Nellie said, thanking her Veela heritage for the friends she’d acquired in muggle school. Now she just hoped the same luck may apply to hogwarts, however it did seem to be working so far, as Hasianna had been talking to her for a while now. It was a joke, she knew her Veela heritage wasn’t the reason she was making friends. She just liked to tell herself that sometimes, and others as well. See if they’d believe it.
“Moon dust in your lungs,
stars in your eyes.
You are a child of the Cosmos,
and ruler of the skies.”
— Erin Lester