Why Does It Have To Be Me?
Reducio
I sigh as I look around, taking in my surroundings. The seven greenhouses, one for each year, are spread across the grassy landscape in front of me. I had only meant to be out for an hour or so, to explore the grounds, but I had managed to get lost. I always managed to do that, wander away from the path and get distracted. But now the sun was beginning to set, and in this huge place I had no idea how to get back to the castle.Mentions: @Lucian Wright
Time: Evening
Outfit: Blue jeans and a cute T-shirt
Location: Greenhouses, Hogwarts
Time: Evening
Outfit: Blue jeans and a cute T-shirt
Location: Greenhouses, Hogwarts
I turn in a circle, raising my hand to shield my eyes from the sun. I can't see any familiar landmarks or even people, just trees, grass and stones. Maybe I could climb a tree, so I can see better.
I find a tall pine tree, and circle it until I find a low branch. I wrap my hands around it and pull myself up onto it. I sit for a moment before continuing upwards. The view from up here is amazing. I stop when I'm just above the tree line, and decide that I'm high enough. Taking a deep breath, I grab hold of the trunk of the tree and pull myself to my feet.
I peer out into the distance and spot the highest towers of the castle. I take note of the direction they are in, and begin my descent.
I'm about 6 feet away from the ground when, in the distance, I hear a howl. The sound startles me, and I jump. I lose my grip on the branch and slip off it.
I hit the ground feet-first, and the jolt of the impact goes through my legs, leaving a sharp pain in my left ankle.
I cry out and fall to the ground, holding my ankle tightly. It hurts. Eventually, I pull my hands away and inspect my ankle. It doesn't look broken, but it's begun to swell.
"Why does it have to be me?" I mutter to myself.
I look up, trying to figure out how I'm going to get back to the castle, when I see a boy. He has brown hair and a smile that makes his bluish-green eyes light up.
I blink up at him in surprise.