Watching Quiditch practice
Abi wondered down to the training pitch and watched in awe as the players zoomed around overhead. Someday she hoped to be a great player just like the ones playing now. She wanted to be a chaser more than anything. To get to doge in and out of the other teams chasers. She would of corse play for Ravencalaw, her house. She wants to be just like the great players before her. But for now while she was a first year she could not play. Next year she promised herself, next year I will play. But for now I can settle for watching. As she stared the chasers swooped above her. Throwing the ball straight into the goal. It was perfect, perfect strategy and perfect aim. That was what she wanted to do, although there was the option of being seeker, that could be fun too. Watching carefully for the tiny golden snitch to flutter by. But she would have to be quick, very quick to do that, on top of that her whole team would rely on her, well I guess they would all rely on her as chaser too but there is other people to help you as a chaser as seeker your all alone. Well she thought aloud, it's a good thing I have a year to think about this because I sure need it.
Last edited by Abigail Johnson on 18 Sep 2026, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
Watching Quiditch practice
Zara had been sitting against the stands watching the older kids practice for Quidditch. She was in awe of them soaring through the sky. She was cut from her awe by hearing someone walk up. She turned and saw a girl standing there watching as well. She stood up and walked over to her.
"Isn't it amazing? Do you like Quidditch too?" Zara asked with excitement. She looked back up at the players,"My sister plays quidditch! Shes not out here right now but she does!" Zara explained with excitement,"Do you want to sneak up to the stands?"
Zara was hoping this girl would say yes. Zara wanted to go up there but was worried someone would not come up with her. She didn't know how this would turn out or what this girl would think but hopefully a friendship would come from this. That had been her greatest worry at Hogwarts. Zara wanted more than anything to make friends, being in the bookshop her parents owed was good for socializing. But it made her good to gain friends that were adults, and were just her friend to be nice. It was not the same thing as having friends her own age.
"Isn't it amazing? Do you like Quidditch too?" Zara asked with excitement. She looked back up at the players,"My sister plays quidditch! Shes not out here right now but she does!" Zara explained with excitement,"Do you want to sneak up to the stands?"
Zara was hoping this girl would say yes. Zara wanted to go up there but was worried someone would not come up with her. She didn't know how this would turn out or what this girl would think but hopefully a friendship would come from this. That had been her greatest worry at Hogwarts. Zara wanted more than anything to make friends, being in the bookshop her parents owed was good for socializing. But it made her good to gain friends that were adults, and were just her friend to be nice. It was not the same thing as having friends her own age.
Last edited by Zara Blackwood on 22 Sep 2026, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Watching Quiditch practice
As Abigail sat longer she noticed another girl, she was watching the practice as well. They talked for a few moments when the girl asked Abi if she wanted to go up into the stands for a better view. Abi loved this idea. She asked the girl her name but didn't hear the response. Embarassing, she'd have to ask again later. In her mind Abi was overjoyed! She was still so new here in her first year, she didn't have many friends. She had been hopeing desperately for a friend and maybe this was her chance. She was so happy that she zoned out for a few moments before finally saying Yes. This was so exciting, going up in the stands, how come Abi didn't think of that and plus now it was with a friend! Well, she didn't know if it was quite a friend yet but she hoped that it would end up that way eventually. As they climbed the many stairs of the tower all Abi could think about was how to ask if this other girl wanted to be friends, and what her name was. Oh how could she ask, what if she said the wrong thing, what if the girl said no, what if she was offended Abi had forgotten her name. Finally she worked up the courage to ask.
"Do you want to be friends?"
"Do you want to be friends?"
Watching Quiditch practice
Zara sat on one of the benches and watched the sky with awe in her eyes. She always admired Quidditch. Never has she wanted to play but she loved to watch. Her favorite was getting to watch her brother and his friends play over the summers. She was often in charge of keeping score between there made up teams; The Wigtown Wanderers and the Quizzing Whizbees. Both names came from her brothers hilariously brilliant mind. The girl next to her spoke up," Do you want to be friends?"
Zara turned with a smile and nodded greatly,"I would love to be friends!! My name is Zara! I'm a Gryffindor! What's your house? What's your name? Where are you from?" She asked curiously. She took a deep breath and sighed,"Sorry! I get really excited and my brain does not know how to slow down. My brother says if my mouth was a broom, I'd be a famous quidditch player"
"Do you have any siblings?" She asked trying to keep herself slow and calm,"I have a brother and a sister. They both go here at Hogwarts. My brother is in Slytherin and my sister is in Ravenclaw" Zara explains to her new friend.
Zara turned with a smile and nodded greatly,"I would love to be friends!! My name is Zara! I'm a Gryffindor! What's your house? What's your name? Where are you from?" She asked curiously. She took a deep breath and sighed,"Sorry! I get really excited and my brain does not know how to slow down. My brother says if my mouth was a broom, I'd be a famous quidditch player"
"Do you have any siblings?" She asked trying to keep herself slow and calm,"I have a brother and a sister. They both go here at Hogwarts. My brother is in Slytherin and my sister is in Ravenclaw" Zara explains to her new friend.
Watching Quiditch practice
"No, no don't wory about it, I get a little excited too sometimes. I get carried away really quickly."
Abi said in responce to Zara's apology
"I'm a Ravenclaw, 1st year. I'm form York. I have two siblings both are younger than me. I think one of them is going to be a Gryffindor and the other a Hufflepuff but you never know they are still young."
"You know I think you would be really cool if you'r mouth was a broom and you where a famous quidditch player for it. I would come to watch your games if you let me." Abi giggled "My brother is not really old enough to think through his insults very much. Most of them don't mean anything."
Abi sat in silence for a moment before saying "Qudditch is amazing to me, like the skill to be able to do all of the things, no, moves, no, wait what? Never mind. However they do the things they do just puts me in awe. It is so cool the way they can balance on their broom and perform the key task in the game. It is so cool."
"Oh also," Abi added in a small voice, "Thanks for being my first friend here at Hogwarts. It really means a lot to me."
Abi said in responce to Zara's apology
"I'm a Ravenclaw, 1st year. I'm form York. I have two siblings both are younger than me. I think one of them is going to be a Gryffindor and the other a Hufflepuff but you never know they are still young."
"You know I think you would be really cool if you'r mouth was a broom and you where a famous quidditch player for it. I would come to watch your games if you let me." Abi giggled "My brother is not really old enough to think through his insults very much. Most of them don't mean anything."
Abi sat in silence for a moment before saying "Qudditch is amazing to me, like the skill to be able to do all of the things, no, moves, no, wait what? Never mind. However they do the things they do just puts me in awe. It is so cool the way they can balance on their broom and perform the key task in the game. It is so cool."
"Oh also," Abi added in a small voice, "Thanks for being my first friend here at Hogwarts. It really means a lot to me."
Watching Quiditch practice
"Of Course! I don't have a lot of friends here either...I thought I would since Leo and Esme are so popular but-" Zara stared off for a moment, letting out a sigh,"A lot of people don't like hanging out with their Friends Kid sister". There was a bit of disappoint in her voice. Something that Zara wasn't used to feeling, she was still getting used to not being around her parents and the store 24/7.
Zara started to mess with her hand a little. It bugged her that her first year at Hogwarts was not going exactly the way she wanted,"If you want, over the summer I can try to teach you some Quidditch stuff? I don't play but Leo, when he wants to be nice to me, has taught me a couple of cool moves" She explained with a smile,"I mean if we stay friends over the summer, of course!"
"What else do you like to do for fun?" She asked curiously,"I love reading and collecting little things to add to my Trunk Of little things. I'll have to show you it sometimes if you want!" She exclaimed. Zara's face with lit up and bright. She could not help it.
Zara started to mess with her hand a little. It bugged her that her first year at Hogwarts was not going exactly the way she wanted,"If you want, over the summer I can try to teach you some Quidditch stuff? I don't play but Leo, when he wants to be nice to me, has taught me a couple of cool moves" She explained with a smile,"I mean if we stay friends over the summer, of course!"
"What else do you like to do for fun?" She asked curiously,"I love reading and collecting little things to add to my Trunk Of little things. I'll have to show you it sometimes if you want!" She exclaimed. Zara's face with lit up and bright. She could not help it.