Getting a Howler open

Laura was sitting by the Gryffindor table half awake and still tired eating her breakfast. Then the owls came she looked up and saw a snow white owl carrying a red letter. A howler thought Laura. Then came the sudden horrible relasation it was probably gonna be her howler because she had got detention she looked at her sister along the table she had not noticed the owls or at least did not care even a bit. She was reading a book. The owl swooped low and everyone ducked the red letter dropped on Laura's plate. Oh said a person. Shame said another. Laura personally found it embarrassing if people pitied her. The letter started to curl and then came the real embarrassment her mother's voice maximised to full volume booming through the great hall.
"
Laura Marie Büttner how dare you get a detention, I thought we raised you to follow the rules but somewhere it most have slipped out your brain and we raised you better than to go practicing dangerous spells after curfew!

Laura wanted to just sink into the floor. Everyone was staring at her including her siblings. Laura felt really embarrassed. "You will be getting a good punishment when you come home for the summer maybe no Quidditch!
That made Laura snap to attention no
Quidditch what!

A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. -Marilyn Monroe

Getting a Howler open
Jessica was sitting at the Hufflepuff table, nearly next to where Laura was sitting, and was quietly reading her book as she had breakfast. It wasn't until one of the owls flew into the Great Hall that she had really noticed the owls.

As soon as the red envelope came onto Laura's plate, Jessica looked up and at once realised that it was a Howler, then she slowly put down her book, knowing already that things weren't going to end well.

When Laura's mother's voice filled the Great Hall, Jessica did her best to keep her expression serious. She looked at Laura, noticing that her face was growing more red with each passing moment.

Jessica was a bit sorry for her, since it must be one of the most embarrassing things that could happen to have the whole Great Hall hear your mother scold you.

Yet at that moment she heard the words 'no Quidditch'.

Jessica's eyes expanded and she stared at Laura in disbelief since she knew how much Laura loved Quidditch.

Once the Howler had finished, Jessica tilted her head slightly and said in a whisper, “Are you all right?”

She shut her book and offered Laura a sympathetic smile. "You needn't worry; perhaps your mother was only angry when she wrote it and may change her mind later."

Before she added teasingly, "But you really should have thought twice before practicing dangerous spells after curfew," Jessica paused.

@Laura

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪.
𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔞𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔣𝔦𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔨 𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔦𝔱.

Getting a Howler open
Laura was really embarrassed then she heard someone speaking to her she turned and saw Jessica leaning towards her. Laura wiped away her tears around her eyes and answered to Jessica question. " Yeah I am fine totally fine. " Jessica shut her book and then she smiled at her and told her something. Laura laughed bitterly. " You really think that do you not , you do not know my mother at all she does not forget about things like this and definitely means every word in this stupid howler this was just the beginning of my punishment to get me embarrassed. " Jessica added something tensly. " Yeah I guess I should she answered sarcastically. Laura pushed the ashes of the red howler off her plate. Ow she took her hand away " the stupid ashes are hot. " She picked up her plate and threw the ashes on the floor. Then she grabbed some mashed potatoes and a turkey leg. She bit into the turkey leg and pulled the meat off the bone of the turkeyeg. She angrily chewed it.
" Like you are the perfect person she snapped at her friend Jessica. And that is how Laura and Jessica's fight began.
( They are gonna make it up again in a nother RP in a class)

A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. -Marilyn Monroe

Getting a Howler open
When Jessica saw Laura's abrupt outburst, she was surprised. For a moment she just stared at her, totally caught by surprise; she had thought Laura would be embarrassed and upset but she hadn't expected her to direct her anger at her.

Jessica closed her book slowly and put it next to her plate, then looked at the mashed potatoes and the turkey leg before turning back to Laura.

"I never said that I was perfect," Jessica replied, and at first she kept her voice low. "I had only meant to help you."

She was aware that a number of the students around them were starting to pay attention to them, but she ignored them. The last thing she wanted was for this to turn into another show like Laura’s Howler.

“I never said that I agreed with your mother,” Jessica went on, “only that she might calm down at some point. You can't know for certain that she won't.”

Laura kept on eating in an angry manner, while Jessica frowned a little.

Yet if you're going to be angry with somebody, perhaps don't direct that anger towards the person who was actually sorry for you.

Jessica picked up her book once more but didn't open it; she was still staring at Laura.

I know you're embarrassed and that you're angry; in fact, I probably should be as well if my mother had shouted at me in front of the whole of the Great Hall.' Pause here as I say, 'But I wasn't laughing at you, Laura.'

She spoke in a slightly firmer tone.

By no means were my intentions to make you feel worse.

Jessica sighed and moved a strand of loose hair behind her ear.

Well, perhaps I was wrong to make the joke about the dangerous spells. I'm sorry for that. But you can't label me a hypocrite just because I told you to have thought twice about breaking the curfew.

She shook her head.

I also make mistakes and I’m not saying that I don’t. Nevertheless, at least I am your friend and I have been trying to behave as one.

Jessica took her book and placed it against her chest.

Very well, if you'd like to be angry, go on and be angry, but don't try to pretend that I was the one who sent that Howler.

For a few seconds Jessica said nothing at all. She looked at Laura and her face was no longer in a teasing manner but instead truly hurt.

“And just to make it clear,” she said in a quiet voice, “I truly hope your mother doesn't take away Quidditch since I know how much it means to you.”

After a moment's pause she sat down properly.

"But I won't remain here and have you treat me as if I were your enemy simply because you're annoyed."

(They are gonna make it up again in another RP in a class)

@Laura

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪.
𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔞𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔣𝔦𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔨 𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔦𝔱.

Getting a Howler open
Laura saw the surprised look on Jessica's face because of her outburst but right now she did not care. " Yeah well you did not help at all and stop acting all innocent now like you are the innocent person here who did nothing wrong. Laura knew people were starting to stare at them again. Yeah I also did not say you agreed with her so do not blame me know that I will not take the blame and she will not calm down I know mother it is almost summer holidays and then I am really in trouble. Laura ate another bite from her mashed potatoes and took an angry bite from the turkey leg. Well you know what you will never have the feeling of getting a howler because your parents are not wizards and witches so you will never get any. Well she will probably take away my Quidditch rights or whatever you want to call it she answered in a angry and annoyed voice. Oh and do not start that yeah I only told you...
Well you act like it that you do not make any mistakes. Jessica said something about leaving and not letting Laura treat her like that. And Laura Oh yeah then leave.

A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. -Marilyn Monroe

Getting a Howler open
For a few seconds Jessica looked at Laura, her face going from hurt to one of disbelief. She had not anticipated Laura mentioning her parents, and that specific remark hit a nerve.

I'm not pretending to be innocent. I've already admitted that it was wrong of me to tease you about the spells; I have apologed. What further do you want from me?

She shook her head and looked at her breakfast, which she had not touched.

You are always saying that I behave as though I never make any mistakes, but I never actually said that; besides, you don't know all about me, Laura.

Jessica took her book, but rather than opening it, she pressed it firmly against her chest.

Certainly, it's possible that my parents aren't witches or wizards and it's possible that I'll never get a Howler like that, but here's the thing—that doesn't make my problems any less real and it doesn't mean that I can't understand that you're upset.

She stopped and took a breath.

I was attempting to comfort you; you needn't have accepted it, nor did you have to attack me.

When Laura told her to go, Jessica raised her eyebrows a little. For a moment it looked as if she might reply angrily, but she decided not to.

Do not mistake my leaving for a admission that I was wrong about everything.

She looked back at her once.

I don't mind what you do and I have no interest in joining your debates; you can exclude me from them.

She left the Great Hall.

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪.
𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔞𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔣𝔦𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔨 𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔦𝔱.

Getting a Howler open
WC: 321
Mentions: @Laura Büttner, @Jessica Matthews
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS

Maybe she shouldn't have stood up and walked over to see what was going on. She should probably go back to her table now.

Bella Light was happily eating her breakfast one morning when the OWLs came. She excitedly opened them, and she saw that there was one from her parents, and two from her Muggle friends (they thought that her parents were mailing it for her by mail, not by OWL, since they did not know about the wizarding world).

However, she was completely surprised when she started to hear people jeering and saying "shame" all around the hall. Frowning, she pocketed the letters, promising to read them later, and turned over to see what was going on.

It was a girl at the Gryffindor Table, and she had gotten a Howler. Listening to the howler, Bella learned that the girl's name was Laura, which she recognized from class.

"So a fellow first-year, then," Bella remarked, standing up. She stood up, then sat down, then stood up again. She wanted to walk over and ask if the girl -- Laura -- was alright, but she wasn't sure if she should do it. If she did, would Laura not want the attention?

Finally, she made up her mind and walked over, only to find Laura and another girl talking -- or shouting at each other? Bella paused, not sure if she should intrude. She watched as the other girl got up and walked away. She made a mental note to see if she could help things later.

Bella stepped up to the other girl and waved.

"Hi. I'm Bella Light, first-year Slytherin. Umm...are you okay? I heard the howler, though to be honest, I'm also a bit curious. What spell were you practicing?" Bella asked, concerned and trying to cheer Laura up.

OOC Notes: Hope I could join in here! :D

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Getting a Howler open
Laura sat there feeling a bit guilty about shouting at her best friend even though she had not done anything and had only tried to help and comfort her. Laura's head jerked up from a soft voice coming from next to her. There a Slytherin girl probably in her first year stood speaking to her. Laura felt a bit embarrassed.

Hi I am Bella Light, first year Slytherin. Umm.... are you ok? I heard the howler though to be honest, I'm a bit curious. What spell were you practicing? she asked. Well I am Laura Büttner I am also a first year from Gryffindor of course like you see. I am ok. Well I was just practicing some homework spells from transfiguration and defensive against the dark arts oh and charms the levitation charm. Oh and the reparo charm I had brought a wooden skeleton so he kept breaking when I tried the flipendo charm on really annoying you know. I was practicing in the abandoned toilets then this Ravenclaw prefect caught me I think her name was Ebony or something. Well then I got detention and had to clean the bathroom and I'll probably have to do it again this Saturday or Sunday.

Girl and obviously you can join I literally invited you

A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear. -Marilyn Monroe

Getting a Howler open
WC: 231
Mentions: @Laura Büttner
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS

Bella's eyes widened as she listened to the other girl talk. She could tell that Laura was upset despite saying that she 'was okay.'

"Ohhhh! I see! Well, aren't those spells taught in class, though? So they don't really qualify as 'dangerous.' I think its more of the curfew thing. But what is the Ravenclaw prefect doing after curfew?" Bella thought out loud, shrugging. It was possible the prefect was out for duty. But if she wasn't AND she was also sneaking around...hmm....Bella knew that either way, it was none of her business, so she tried to clear her head and focus on the matter on hand.

"Ah well. At least now you know. If you ever do it again, you might want to find a better spot to hide. But the biggest part is, did you successfully perform the skills? Because if you did, it's worth it. And if you didn't, at least it's a learning experience, right (sorta)?"

At the mention of detention, Bella winced. Although she never personally gotten detention before (yet), her parents had filled her with their tales of their own times at Hogwarts, dentention included. "Oof, the bathrooms for detention? That's harsh. Don't worry, just plug your nose, do it quick, and get out as soon as possible," Bella exclaimed.

OOC Notes: lol that's true! :D

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."