A new friend...? Closed

Loren hurried into the charms classroom right before the lesson began. She then hurried to the nearest desk with an open seat which was in the back row and already had someone there, but that was fine with her as she liked to meet new people and make new friends. She pulled the chair out and slid into it, relieved that she finally could relax as charms was a class she was good at. Loren opened her charms book and pulled out some parchment and a quill so she could take notes for the assignments. She was glad this assignment was not a partner assignment.

Loren started mindlessly doodling while listening to the professor talk about levitation spells and other spells like them. She looked down and realized she had drawn over where she was supposed to take notes so she grabbed a new piece of parchment and pulled out a granola bar and ripped open the wrapper. Dropped the wrapper in her bag. And broke off small pieces as not ever being able to eat breakfast made snacking a habit in all of her classes.

After the professor finished speaking, Loren started reading jotting down notes here and there making sure to capture important moments to be able to practice the spell later.

Loren A
A new friend...? Closed
Miranda was focusing intently on the professor, determined not to miss anything. Her pencil whirled across her note page as she hurriedly wrote down everything of interest. She barely looked up, except for a few upward glances to assure the professor she was still paying attention.

After a few more minutes, the lecture ended and Miranda set down her pencil. She could hear furious scribbling noises coming from the students around her, and smiled wryly. The art of writing while listening was a skill she had perfected a long time ago, since her memory wasn't exactly the greatest. Although maybe it was getting better, because the events of the teaching were still quite clear in her mind. Of course, it could also just be her excitement to finally be learning official magic.

Soon the scribbling sounds wound down and Miranda's smile faded, her attention moving from the lesson to her fellow classmates. A few she recognized from Ravenclaw, but most of the others were from the other houses. Briefly, she wondered what it would be like to be in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, or even Slytherin. Probably quite a bit different than where she was, although Miranda wasn't sure in which ways.

I guess I could ask... she thought. But first I'd have to work up the nerve to actually talk to someone.

Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles
A new friend...? Closed
She turned and looked at the girl who was next to her, she appeared to be a Ravenclaw. So she whispered to her " um... hi! My name is Loren . . . Whats yours?" she asked wanting to meet someone new by the end of the class.

"Oh and what spell are you gonna do?" she asked excitedly, because maybe they were doing the same one and then they would've had something in common. She thought about what it would be like to be in Ravenclaw. Books were something she had never really paid any attention too and she wasn't very good at puzzles or riddles.

She finished her granola bar and continued to quickly jot things down here and there because she was bound to forget at some point. She gave a small laugh at herself and wrote her name because in other classes you would turn notes in with assignments, to prove that you had paid attention. But she wasn't sure.

The professor let them go off and practice one of the spells they tased about so Loren said "wingardium leviosa" and the pen in front of her began do slowly head towards the ceiling. but she lost concentration at the last minute and it dropped and hit Loren on the head.

Loren A
A new friend...? Closed
"Oh, I'm Miranda." she replied after a short pause, pulling out her wand as the professor told them to start practicing some new charms. "And, er, I don't really know?" She glanced back at her notes, quickly scanning the list. It was times like this that she wished her mind was as easy to record things on as paper. Then she'd have no problem remembering everything she needed to.

Miranda glanced back over at Lauren just in time to see her wave her wand at a pen and mutter something too faint for her to hear. It slowly rose into the air, towards the ceiling, only to fall at the last moment and hit the girl on the head.

That's a levitating spell, Miranda remembered, pleased that she hadn't needed her notes. I'm going to have to remember this all if I want to become a witch.

"That was pretty good," she said out loud. "I mean, I haven't even tried any magic since I got my wand, since my parents say it isn't a good idea to do spells until I'm near proper supervision, but I think it's probably pretty hard to get it right first try..." Miranda trailed off. "I was babbling again, wasn't I?"

Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles
A new friend...? Closed
She gave a small laugh and said “ Really?! I think that was my worst one yet, but come on show me what you got” she gave her a shy smile and added “ It’s simple just swish and flick and say with it ‘wingardium leviosa’ or you could also try a lock charm like ‘Alohamora’ but you would need a lock for that” she was acting like a teacher so she shut her mouth and said “ I am sorry. I talk a lot but you weren’t rambling@ she gave the girl a sneaky grin and made the student across the aisles ink vile levitate over his head for a bit, then lowered it back down and turned towards her and said “ what class is your best one mine is this very class “. Loren always had a lot of energy, but sometimes she was shy to let people see it but today she didn’t mind. She was practically bouncing in her seat she had to be told to sit still twice!

She mumbled to herself for a bit and said suddenly “ you my friend are very very pretty “ . She said with a smile, Loren didn’t know why she was being so talkative normally she was quiet and concentrated but today felt different.

Loren A
A new friend...? Closed
Miranda smiled. "I guess I could try." She pulled out a pencil from a bag leaning against her desk and set it down in front of her. "Wingardium leviosa!" She exclaimed, flicking and swishing her wand in quick jerks. The pencil floated up a foot or two, but was much more wobbly than Loren's had been. Finally it collapsed back on the desk and rolled onto the ground.

She reached down to pick it up, and twisted back around to face Loren just in time to see her turn and levitate some random student's ink pot over his head for little while, then set it down. I wish spells came to me that easily, she thought with a twinge of regret. If only mother and father had let me practice at home.

"What class is your best one? Mine is this very class," Loren asked suddenly, and Miranda tilted her head to the side as she thought about that.

"I guess I'm pretty good at Care of Magical Creatures," she answered after a brief pause. "My family always used to take care of animals like that, so I know how to work with them."

There was another moment of silence, so Miranda tried to discreetly make her pencil float again, with not much luck, although this time it's flight was a bit steadier. Loren's compliment took her by surprise, and it abruptly clattered to the ground again. "Whoops," she muttered under her breath, and picked it back up, turning once again to look at the other girl.

"Thanks," Miranda replied, a little shyly. "You're really pretty, too."

Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles