Let's Chat!
Fr tho.Mikaela Hendricks wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:09B I CAN SEE YOUR WHOLE FACE AND YOU DON'T SEE ME COMPLAINING (That's what I would've said)Ellie Randensmith wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:08 dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's"![]()
☽~Eklipse~☾ Matching: Taiki Ishii
~iNPC: Enki Medrano
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to feel alone, even in a crowd of people you love."
Let's Chat!
Heyyy
|
I am the storm You were warned about |
sta • 6 | eva • 5 | str • 6 | wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 6 |
Let's Chat!
Am good, wbu?
|
I am the storm You were warned about |
sta • 6 | eva • 5 | str • 6 | wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 6 |
Let's Chat!
im good too tyy!
-Some people feel the rain while others just get wet..
Let's Chat!
The boys??? How bout the creepy male teachers?? Those one stare no matter what!Lex Kervick wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:09EXACTLY! AND YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT ELSE IS CRAZY? IT'S ALWAYS THE FEMALE TEACHERS THAT SAY THE CRAP WHEN SOME BE GOING ON ABOUT 'Oh, it'll distract the boys' LIKE, THE ONLY THING I'VE GOTTEN IS A COMPLIMENT ON HOW IT LOOKS NICE OR SOMETHING AND A FIST BUMP, THAT'S IT!Ellie Randensmith wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:08 dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's"![]()
| 𝓗𝓪𝔃𝓮𝓵 𝓝𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓸 𝓟𝓮𝓮𝓵 |
𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕤: 𝕊𝕥𝕒 𝟟| 𝔼𝕧𝕒 𝟞| 𝕊𝕥𝕣 𝟝| 𝕎𝕚𝕤 𝟠| 𝔸ℙ 𝟟| 𝔸𝕔𝕔 𝟟| 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 |
𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝔂 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓲𝓝𝓟𝓒 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 |
Let's Chat!
Reducio
Remy Break wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:05 I lowk have always wanted a dress code growing up..
BUT here's where Ill start yapping.
As a child, from preschool to halfway through seventh grade- so about... 2009? to 2017 (January), I attended a school for the deaf. Looking back, it was *kind of* an educational paradise as you weren't with your parent's all of the time, you had a cottage (now torn down with a giant dorm style building -_- in its place) for kids your gender and grade (6-8th grade boys stayed in cottage 321, 6th-8th grade girls in cottage 322. Elementary had the 30_ cottages but I forgot the numbers, not that it matters as they're no longer there!), you had sports, you had classes. It was kind of like a college campus, but with more of a rigorous schedule, even if it was set up like a college campus and not all in one building.
Example. The gym- there's two- are shared between elementary, middle and high school. It's its own seperate building, the gym that the cottages had used at night for rec? It was also used for "official" sports like volleyball and basketball even if they'd practiee in the other gym. We had two swimming pools and locker rooms. We had a whole playground and a bocce area, we could play disc golf and bike.
But I had seen what public school was like on tv, misleading me kinda, and I had always wanted to go. I'm actually glad I went, because I wouldn't have gotten the same degree if I graduated from the school for the deaf that I got from graduating high school. The school for the deaf also requires less credits to graduate while public schools required like 28? I think?.
The point is. Neither of those required a dress code, but I got so caught up dreaming about these things thinking they were so great, and while they had their upsides, they had plenty of downsides. Since we left the deaf community in that area has been increasingly becoming more of a jerk and all, the school has lost a TON of members, they put up a lot of restrictions, refused to allow certain parents to go to the school even if they had nothing on them, if they didn't sign they weren't allowed. The superintendent has been replaced 3? 4? times since 2017.
Public School gave me theater. But it also gave me loneliness. I at least had friends I was able to talk to. I had two hard of hearing boys I talked to, both of them went to the same elementary school (deaf school), and both moved to the campus I went to for middle school to graduation. Sadly, I only got to get to know them for about a year and a half, but we had a lot of fun. I have to say, if anyone remembers me being a total jerkwad in the first few years of me being on hio, well.. remember how middle school was full of jerks? I may or may not have been one of those jerks. And it doesn't help because, if you remember what I said a few paragraphs above... the deaf community in that area is toxic.
I moved to public school in January 2017, I had to get started on things that other students my age and grade were doing. I was nowhere as badly behaved as I was at that school, but I also had no extracurriculars and it seemed that I was a year behind with what was taught all these years, or maybe that the school for the deaf overly simplified things and dumbed it down. They also get a modified version of the state testing, so when students do well on it, it's not really reflecting the success of the state but just how well we do on the modified version, not representing the state which had the unmodified versions.
Anyways I yap. As I said.
Okay I guess one could say that as a child I grew up in a structured, communal and intense area or world? I dunno how else to prhase this.
Reducio
BUT off topic, kinda, this reminds me of how in elementary school we would just *walk* off of campus in science to go to the close nature park by walking through the neighborhood and through the park then following a trail alongside the water... I also remember kidzplace or whatever it was called, where we swam (I was actually told I was not allowed to swim so I didn't swim, and sat there for an hour while the others swam), balanced ourselves out on a balancing board, ziplined, squirted one another with water pumps and well, I really did have fun. We had the standard field trip lunch in a brown bag with a ham and cheese sandwich, an apple and a bag of chips- whether it was the sun chips I think they're called or lays. along with water. I remember going to museums like the history museum and to the zoo. But according to the staff I still reach out to, they're not allowed to do field trips anymore, and if they do, it has to be rigorously approved by the administration. Every year, there normally is a tradition for 5th grade to go to the mountains and hike that 1 mile trail. There's also a tradition for 8th grade to go to washington dc. This year, unlike the past 6? 7? years? they finally went to the mountains, but they didn't go to washington dc. There was no special trip for graduating seniors either.
Anyways.
The school was basically like a whole ecosystem and it was like I was living in a community. I may not have had as bad a family as other students have had, but we all felt at home there. I didn't realize how much I would miss it until I started public school, I missed the routines, closeness, culture and the very way that everyone communicated and understood one another.
Like I said, public school gave me more opportunities, and a better diploma, but it really did give me fake friendships and theater. I did get to be an officer several times for two clubs, I came close to it for theater but since it was a popular vote, I wasn't popular, I lost the role of president of the school's first thespian society to someone who didn't care about theater.
I had a feeling that I was academically behind, when I mainstreamed, because I was not understanding any of the concepts taught. When I went to the school for the deaf, they used IXL for math, for english, for science, and I think history too. I struggled so hard on math. English was my best, but despite making A's in public school for English, I had a lot of concepts I missed out on. Math.. the public school taught things a little differently, eventually I would understand it, but the deaf school exclusively taught using programs and I did not learn that way. Science, I made C's in middle school science until I mainstreamed in which I actually understood the concepts after the fact. Then with history... well.. history is fun, but we always watched videoes, we didn't actually *learn* anything perse? It was like actually doing a college class but without the essays. Or at least the ones I had taken.
But once I got the handle of things at public school, it got easier and easier to skate by, and that's exactly what I had done. I got so used to finishing all my assignments quickly (though I can thank my elementary isr sessions for that... with the amount of work I was given.. to keep me "busy").
And.. I suppose it's just the fact that since I left the school for the deaf, my good memories that occured there kinda went down the drain as there was a change in administration, the community becoming more toxic and lengthy and expensive construction projects were done.
What I grew up with is gone. My papaw doesn't even own the house I went to anymore. They renovated the house, removed the shed and everything within 10 years. I didn't even recognize it. It's now an airbnb. My grandparents, with the exception of the nonbiological grandfather and my biological grandmother that's still alive, are split up or dead. Twenty years and so much changes over a very short time span.
But anyways anyways. Regarding the dress code. You know how people romanticize things they don't have? That was me with public school when I went to the school for the deaf. That was me with uniforms. I thought it looked cool. Normal. All the cliques, dress codes, lockers, busyness of the hallways... and I didn't have that at the deaf school. (yes they were strict about dress codes but you could technically dress.. uhh.. well.. homeless.. and not violate any of the rules. I had done that a lot growing up at that school because I was comfortable but I also wasn't breaking a rule.)
In loving memory of the greatest and kindest woman. I adore you, and I will miss you, Dolly. My heart breaks for you, for your family, and for the world. You can be with Carl now, as an upside. And I Will Always Love You.
Let's Chat!
Hello…
I want to know who I am. I want to survive this world. I am here now, and I want to live also after my death, through my knowledge and abilities.
Let's Chat!
but they're the only guys, I swear. The only guy I ever got an uncomfortable look from was a pervert teacher for advanced math. Other than that, just fist bumps and/or simple compliments.Bree Grey wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:38The boys??? How bout the creepy male teachers?? Those one stare no matter what!Lex Kervick wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:09EXACTLY! AND YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT ELSE IS CRAZY? IT'S ALWAYS THE FEMALE TEACHERS THAT SAY THE CRAP WHEN SOME BE GOING ON ABOUT 'Oh, it'll distract the boys' LIKE, THE ONLY THING I'VE GOTTEN IS A COMPLIMENT ON HOW IT LOOKS NICE OR SOMETHING AND A FIST BUMP, THAT'S IT!Ellie Randensmith wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:08 dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's"![]()
☽~Eklipse~☾ Matching: Taiki Ishii
~iNPC: Enki Medrano
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to feel alone, even in a crowd of people you love."