OOC Let's Chat!

Avery Gray wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 15:27 Morning guys!
Morning Av!

I am the storm
You were warned about

sta • 6 | eva • 5 | str • 6 |
wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 6


OOC Let's Chat!
Adora Fletching wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 15:00
Rosalyn Willows wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 14:59
Remy Break wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 14:57 Basketball shorts themselves and sweatpants aren't so bad, when I was in school we had a mix of short shorts, sweatpants and hoodies (like 90% hoodies ;-;)

I mean they're comfortable, I was mostly curious if styles cahnged over a few years. Granted, when covid hit, the dress code wasn't enforced and everyone wore things that violated the dress codes. Until my graduating class graduated, they didn't enforce the dress code.

There's a uhh rule about shorts needing to be past your fingers when you put your hands down by your side, and none of these boys would've passed that, but I was curious in general, if people were truly more stricter or if with the uhh trend industry it swayed
Oh no, none of the girls(including me tbh I have long fingers) would pass that at all! Male teachers aren’t allowed to dress code girls at my school(or they’re just too scared to get blamed for looking), so girls wear the most revealing things…
And the Female teachers don't do anything about it?
Honestly, same. I don't know if male teaches are allowed to dress code girls at my school, but I do know that the girls don't really get dress coded.
I’ve met two teachers in my entire life who’ve dress coded, or tried to, a girl…

~Rosalyn Willows, Second Year Slytherin~
~Ency~Garden~Profile~
|Sta~6|Eva~4|Str~7|Wis~7|Arc~6|Acc~5|

OOC Let's Chat!
Hai guys

I'm outta quotes yall ;)
L. Abel Charles

OOC Let's Chat!
Lorenzo Abel Charles wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 15:37 Hai guys
Heyo

I am the storm
You were warned about

sta • 6 | eva • 5 | str • 6 |
wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 6


OOC Let's Chat!
Remy Break wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 14:57 Basketball shorts themselves and sweatpants aren't so bad, when I was in school we had a mix of short shorts, sweatpants and hoodies (like 90% hoodies ;-;)

I mean they're comfortable, I was mostly curious if styles cahnged over a few years. Granted, when covid hit, the dress code wasn't enforced and everyone wore things that violated the dress codes. Until my graduating class graduated, they didn't enforce the dress code.

There's a uhh rule about shorts needing to be past your fingers when you put your hands down by your side, and none of these boys would've passed that, but I was curious in general, if people were truly more stricter or if with the uhh trend industry it swayed
Never knew a word Abt dress codes on my life bc all my life I've used uniform to school. It's a law in here. College is where you can be free from those ugly ahh things, but there's no dress code for it.

"I was good. I was really good"

OOC Let's Chat!
Remy Break wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 14:57 Basketball shorts themselves and sweatpants aren't so bad, when I was in school we had a mix of short shorts, sweatpants and hoodies (like 90% hoodies ;-;)

I mean they're comfortable, I was mostly curious if styles cahnged over a few years. Granted, when covid hit, the dress code wasn't enforced and everyone wore things that violated the dress codes. Until my graduating class graduated, they didn't enforce the dress code.

There's a uhh rule about shorts needing to be past your fingers when you put your hands down by your side, and none of these boys would've passed that, but I was curious in general, if people were truly more stricter or if with the uhh trend industry it swayed
We don't have that finger tip rule at mine, thank god, but it can't look like undergarments or anything so no crazy short skirts crops, they don't care about shorts too much, but sometimes things can go on with tube tops and that, idk. The school is pretty chill just as long as you don't look like you're going to a club

☽~Eklipse~☾ Matching: Taiki Ishii
~iNPC: Enki Medrano
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to feel alone, even in a crowd of people you love."

OOC Let's Chat!
I lowk have always wanted a dress code growing up..
BUT here's where Ill start yapping.

As a child, from preschool to halfway through seventh grade- so about... 2009? to 2017 (January), I attended a school for the deaf. Looking back, it was *kind of* an educational paradise as you weren't with your parent's all of the time, you had a cottage (now torn down with a giant dorm style building -_- in its place) for kids your gender and grade (6-8th grade boys stayed in cottage 321, 6th-8th grade girls in cottage 322. Elementary had the 30_ cottages but I forgot the numbers, not that it matters as they're no longer there!), you had sports, you had classes. It was kind of like a college campus, but with more of a rigorous schedule, even if it was set up like a college campus and not all in one building.

Example. The gym- there's two- are shared between elementary, middle and high school. It's its own seperate building, the gym that the cottages had used at night for rec? It was also used for "official" sports like volleyball and basketball even if they'd practiee in the other gym. We had two swimming pools and locker rooms. We had a whole playground and a bocce area, we could play disc golf and bike.

But I had seen what public school was like on tv, misleading me kinda, and I had always wanted to go. I'm actually glad I went, because I wouldn't have gotten the same degree if I graduated from the school for the deaf that I got from graduating high school. The school for the deaf also requires less credits to graduate while public schools required like 28? I think?.

The point is. Neither of those required a dress code, but I got so caught up dreaming about these things thinking they were so great, and while they had their upsides, they had plenty of downsides. Since we left the deaf community in that area has been increasingly becoming more of a jerk and all, the school has lost a TON of members, they put up a lot of restrictions, refused to allow certain parents to go to the school even if they had nothing on them, if they didn't sign they weren't allowed. The superintendent has been replaced 3? 4? times since 2017.

Public School gave me theater. But it also gave me loneliness. I at least had friends I was able to talk to. I had two hard of hearing boys I talked to, both of them went to the same elementary school (deaf school), and both moved to the campus I went to for middle school to graduation. Sadly, I only got to get to know them for about a year and a half, but we had a lot of fun. I have to say, if anyone remembers me being a total jerkwad in the first few years of me being on hio, well.. remember how middle school was full of jerks? I may or may not have been one of those jerks. And it doesn't help because, if you remember what I said a few paragraphs above... the deaf community in that area is toxic.

I moved to public school in January 2017, I had to get started on things that other students my age and grade were doing. I was nowhere as badly behaved as I was at that school, but I also had no extracurriculars and it seemed that I was a year behind with what was taught all these years, or maybe that the school for the deaf overly simplified things and dumbed it down. They also get a modified version of the state testing, so when students do well on it, it's not really reflecting the success of the state but just how well we do on the modified version, not representing the state which had the unmodified versions.

Anyways I yap. As I said.

In loving memory of the greatest and kindest woman. I adore you, and I will miss you, Dolly. My heart breaks for you, for your family, and for the world. You can be with Carl now, as an upside. And I Will Always Love You.

OOC Let's Chat!
dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's" :skeptical:

✧-✧-✧They say that words are stronger
than actions but word's can also hurt more✧-✧-✧
✿
ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤 ❀
✿

OOC Let's Chat!
Ellie Randensmith wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:08 dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's" :skeptical:
EXACTLY! AND YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT ELSE IS CRAZY? IT'S ALWAYS THE FEMALE TEACHERS THAT SAY THE CRAP WHEN SOME BE GOING ON ABOUT 'Oh, it'll distract the boys' LIKE, THE ONLY THING I'VE GOTTEN IS A COMPLIMENT ON HOW IT LOOKS NICE OR SOMETHING AND A FIST BUMP, THAT'S IT!

☽~Eklipse~☾ Matching: Taiki Ishii
~iNPC: Enki Medrano
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to feel alone, even in a crowd of people you love."

OOC Let's Chat!
Ellie Randensmith wrote: 4 Jun 2026, 16:08 dress code sucks. literally they never dress code the boys it's always the girls and for stupid reasons. "I can see your shoulder" "Your shorts aren't 2 inch's" :skeptical:
B I CAN SEE YOUR WHOLE FACE AND YOU DON'T SEE ME COMPLAINING (That's what I would've said)

"I was good. I was really good"