ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Thank you, @Alex Adams, for joining the club!
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Thanks!
Philosophy Question
If I had to eliminate one emotion from humanity forever, I would choose Malice, which is defined (officialy) as the desire to cause harm, pain, or distress to others. While other emotions like fear or anger can be destructive, they also serve as vital, protective survival mechanisms. That makes me choose Malice, as it only brings bad vibes, with nothing good that I can spot.
Moral Dilemma
If i could help someone but necessarily ruin other, I'd prefer not to use my power, as causing harm is one of the worst things ever, with the biggest impact. Even more impact than helping someone.
Social Insight Prompt
Panic, Emotion, Prevention
Riddle
Echo
Philosophy Question
If I had to eliminate one emotion from humanity forever, I would choose Malice, which is defined (officialy) as the desire to cause harm, pain, or distress to others. While other emotions like fear or anger can be destructive, they also serve as vital, protective survival mechanisms. That makes me choose Malice, as it only brings bad vibes, with nothing good that I can spot.
Moral Dilemma
If i could help someone but necessarily ruin other, I'd prefer not to use my power, as causing harm is one of the worst things ever, with the biggest impact. Even more impact than helping someone.
Social Insight Prompt
Panic, Emotion, Prevention
Riddle
Echo
sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ, ɢʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ |
||
“ɪꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ.” |
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Very good conclusion, Alex!
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Thank youuuu
!
sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ, ɢʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ |
||
“ɪꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ.” |
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Challenge #1 – The Beginning of the Trial
Philosophy Question
“If you had the power to get rid of an emotion from mankind forever, which would you choose and what complications would arise?”
I'd go with anger. I believe that most of the destructive human emotions come from someone being angry, and getting rid of it could, maybe not bring us to a better place, but at least reduce the amount of discord among the world.
Moral Dilemma
You have knowledge that will help one person live but will ruin the image of another who is not guilty at all. Should you share it? Or keep quiet?
Keep quiet. I don't think that condemning someone who doesn't deserve it is worth it, especially if I don't know if the person who lives is the guilty one.
Social Insight Prompt
Can you list three words to describe 'fear'?
Panic, uncertainty, danger.
Riddle
I do not speak but people hear my words. I lack a form but I exist. I can walk without moving. "Who am I?"
Echo.
Philosophy Question
“If you had the power to get rid of an emotion from mankind forever, which would you choose and what complications would arise?”
I'd go with anger. I believe that most of the destructive human emotions come from someone being angry, and getting rid of it could, maybe not bring us to a better place, but at least reduce the amount of discord among the world.
Moral Dilemma
You have knowledge that will help one person live but will ruin the image of another who is not guilty at all. Should you share it? Or keep quiet?
Keep quiet. I don't think that condemning someone who doesn't deserve it is worth it, especially if I don't know if the person who lives is the guilty one.
Social Insight Prompt
Can you list three words to describe 'fear'?
Panic, uncertainty, danger.
Riddle
I do not speak but people hear my words. I lack a form but I exist. I can walk without moving. "Who am I?"
Echo.
"I was good. I was really good"
| PC: Mikaela Hendricks | Shop: The Hendricks Archives | iNPC: Nicola Parker |
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Philosophy Question #1
If we eat chickens, why not dogs, dolphins, or babies?
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
Ah. Ah. Sorry lotsss sowyyyyyJustin Adams wrote: 2 May 2026, 22:01Philosophy Question #1
If we eat chickens, why not dogs, dolphins, or babies?
sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ, ɢʀʏꜰꜰɪɴᴅᴏʀ |
||
“ɪꜰ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪs ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴍʏsᴇʟꜰ.” |
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
My Reply to @Alex Adams
In spite of the clear truth in your logic, when closely examined, there results a rebuttal of your argument.
Historically, it can be shown that people have farmed, domesticated, and consumed the meat of chickens for a few thousand years, proving we have not just recently ‘decided to do so’ for no apparent reason.
In the same vein, to claim we do not consume dolphins, babies, or dogs is a question of ‘loyalty’ is grossly and overly generalized.
The stomach contents of dolphins, dogs, and babies begins to form the distinction of this issue. Intelligence, the capacity to be empathetic and the ability to suffer are reasonable ways we can correlate and differentiate; this is a sensible and justifiable approach. This is why we have not taken to consuming dolphins, babies, or dogs.
However, you are quite right in saying chickens differ. The characterization of the animals we have chosen to consume, and those we have not chosen to consume, is based upon an ethical framework of confusion and hence consuming chickens, dolphins, babies or dogs is, in your terms, ethically inconsistent.
What is at question is: ‘Why are we only choosing to consume certain animals?’ This ethical delineation is quite contradictory.
This issue contains a deeply unsettling position of contradiction within the morals we use to guide our actions, which you are attempting to address from a technical standpoint with little logic to back your claims.
Your logic, I must conclude, is flawed on the issue of consuming these animals. You have not logically endeavored to find out the ethical contradiction within our morals and guidances.
I hope this is clear.
Historically, it can be shown that people have farmed, domesticated, and consumed the meat of chickens for a few thousand years, proving we have not just recently ‘decided to do so’ for no apparent reason.
In the same vein, to claim we do not consume dolphins, babies, or dogs is a question of ‘loyalty’ is grossly and overly generalized.
The stomach contents of dolphins, dogs, and babies begins to form the distinction of this issue. Intelligence, the capacity to be empathetic and the ability to suffer are reasonable ways we can correlate and differentiate; this is a sensible and justifiable approach. This is why we have not taken to consuming dolphins, babies, or dogs.
However, you are quite right in saying chickens differ. The characterization of the animals we have chosen to consume, and those we have not chosen to consume, is based upon an ethical framework of confusion and hence consuming chickens, dolphins, babies or dogs is, in your terms, ethically inconsistent.
What is at question is: ‘Why are we only choosing to consume certain animals?’ This ethical delineation is quite contradictory.
This issue contains a deeply unsettling position of contradiction within the morals we use to guide our actions, which you are attempting to address from a technical standpoint with little logic to back your claims.
Your logic, I must conclude, is flawed on the issue of consuming these animals. You have not logically endeavored to find out the ethical contradiction within our morals and guidances.
I hope this is clear.
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
The Value of a Philosophical Question
There is no way to categorize a philosophical question as a dumb question. The function of a philosophical question is to challenge our reasoning and push us to think further. A philosophical question, even if simple, can reveal underlying ethical issues or biases that we are not readily aware of. Dismissing a philosophical question as dumb, or refusing to consider the question is easier than engaging, responsible self-reflection. The questions within our lives that we are hesitant to ask and are the most difficult to face are the questions we will most likely gain true understanding from.
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh
ȶɦɛ ɨռզʊɨʀʏ ƈɦǟʍɮɛʀ
sorry if I was a bit harsh
“Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” - Uncle Iroh