8 Apr 2020, 19:21
Another Encounter
A roleplay with @Adohiro Moira
Harper went to her next class, which was one of her favorites. She decided to look around and see if there was anyone she knew that she could sit with. She had made a few new friends during her time at Hogwarts so far and she would love to see if any of them were in the room. She scanned the room to see if there was anyone that she recognized because she had never taken the time to actually see who was in her class. As she scanned the class she didn't see anyone she wanted to sit with in particular. There were some faces she recognized though. Eventually, she decided to sit in a corner of the room by herself. There was an empty seat to her left that was open. She hoped that one of her new friends would come sit by her. Perhaps Adohiro with whom she had just met the other day when she had been walking down a hall and had heard him playing the piano beautifully. She was excited to tell him about her progress on the song he had taught her on his instrument hee had let her borrow. Plus he had mentioned to her that this was one of his favorite classes. She really liked this class too. She hoped he was in her class because he had become a very good friend or at least she thought he was.
Harper went to her next class, which was one of her favorites. She decided to look around and see if there was anyone she knew that she could sit with. She had made a few new friends during her time at Hogwarts so far and she would love to see if any of them were in the room. She scanned the room to see if there was anyone that she recognized because she had never taken the time to actually see who was in her class. As she scanned the class she didn't see anyone she wanted to sit with in particular. There were some faces she recognized though. Eventually, she decided to sit in a corner of the room by herself. There was an empty seat to her left that was open. She hoped that one of her new friends would come sit by her. Perhaps Adohiro with whom she had just met the other day when she had been walking down a hall and had heard him playing the piano beautifully. She was excited to tell him about her progress on the song he had taught her on his instrument hee had let her borrow. Plus he had mentioned to her that this was one of his favorite classes. She really liked this class too. She hoped he was in her class because he had become a very good friend or at least she thought he was.
You will face many defeats in life but never allow yourself to be defeated
-Maya Angelou
8 Apr 2020, 23:44
Another Encounter
Adohiro would come to class to study after the crazy things going on in the past few days. Ever since April Fools, everyone has been crazy with their childish pranks so he would retreat here quietly and hopefully, no crazy pranks were here. However, he would see Harper and he would wave at her. He needed to study more on transfiguration, charms we were doing well though, he kept getting poor grades and he even got a dreadful grade! He 'd sit and start to write his homework out in a neat and readable handwriting. He certainly wasn't the smartest, but he was a hard-working student. That was where he shone, his hard work got him good grades. Letting out a small sigh he would continue his work without complaint. He wondered if anyone else was having trouble in these classes. He certainly was. It seemed the teachers were much more strict. He would continue to work slowly and didn't know if there was anyone near him. He was a bit worried he wouldn’t pass his classes since the teachers seemed to be very strict! He was really worried! "Do you enjoy this class?" He asked his friend smiling. His notes were very neat and well organized along with 'pretty' handwriting.
@Harper Pena
@Harper Pena
"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘
9 Apr 2020, 18:02
Another Encounter
Harper sat and waited for class to start. She was fairly early to class today which was unusual for her. Usually, she was arriving just on time. It wasn't that she was tardy or a bad student she just always had problems with punctuality. She had never been late before although she had been close to being late before.
When she saw Adohrio wave to her she waved him over and when he sat down next to her she would smile as it was nice to see her new friend again. She looked at him as he was doing his homework. "Which class are you working on?" She asks curiously. She admired his handwriting and loved how neat it was. Her handwriting wasn't as neat as his but it wasn't sloppy. She had gone to school with some kids growing up that their handwriting was so sloppy that the teacher would dock them whole points from questions on tests and homework because they just couldn't read their handwriting. She was glad her handwriting wasn't to that point.
She was lost in thought and was interrupted when Adohiro asked if she liked this class and she nodded. She did like this class. It was one of her favorites. "Yes Charms is one of my favorite classes so far! I love to learn new spells!" She said before looking at him and smiling again. "What about you? Do you enjoy this class?" She asked curiously.
@Adohiro Moira
When she saw Adohrio wave to her she waved him over and when he sat down next to her she would smile as it was nice to see her new friend again. She looked at him as he was doing his homework. "Which class are you working on?" She asks curiously. She admired his handwriting and loved how neat it was. Her handwriting wasn't as neat as his but it wasn't sloppy. She had gone to school with some kids growing up that their handwriting was so sloppy that the teacher would dock them whole points from questions on tests and homework because they just couldn't read their handwriting. She was glad her handwriting wasn't to that point.
She was lost in thought and was interrupted when Adohiro asked if she liked this class and she nodded. She did like this class. It was one of her favorites. "Yes Charms is one of my favorite classes so far! I love to learn new spells!" She said before looking at him and smiling again. "What about you? Do you enjoy this class?" She asked curiously.
@Adohiro Moira
You will face many defeats in life but never allow yourself to be defeated
-Maya Angelou
9 Apr 2020, 18:46
Another Encounter
"Oh it is transfiguration class home work. I really hate the class, but I need to study more." He told his friend, luckily he had made a few friends so that was very good. He would glance at his paper, he had written his papers in English but he had no problem writing it in Korean or Japanese. It was quicker to write in English as opposed to the languages he knew such as Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. He didn't need to worry about it and he would smile at her. His note book was a Korean stationery, it had a pretty and cute cat on the note book. It had a small white cat on the beautiful cover as he would close the notebook stretching. He would soon hear her question if he liked this class or not. "I like this class, I find it fairly easier than the other classes I have. The homework is not long and it is pretty easy. I always get an O when I finish my assignments so that's good. I like the class to answer your question I guess. I prefer dark arts class though, it is a lot more interesting to me."
@Harper Pena
@Harper Pena
"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘
9 Apr 2020, 21:32
Another Encounter
Harper groaned when he said it was for transfiguration. "Ugh yeah I hate that class too! It's really hard for me to wrap my head around it so I have the same problem but between studying for other classes I can't really ever find the time to study for it." She said and looked down at his notebook and smiled at him before pointing at it and then speaking to him. "I LOVE your notebook Adohiro! Cats are one of my most favorite animals." She said her voice almost too enthusiastic.
When he answered her question about Charms class she nodded because she agreed and what he was saying about it was true as well. "I agree that the homework is easy and I am in a similar boat although I like Potions and Charms. I haven't spent enough time on Defense Against Dark Arts to get a very good opinion on it but it doesn't seem like a bad class. That reminds me though, I am behind on homework for that class." She said laughing a little. "So thank you for that unintentional reminder!" She said and looked around for anyone else she knew again but she couldn't find anyone so she turned her attention back to Adohiro.
@Adohiro Moira
When he answered her question about Charms class she nodded because she agreed and what he was saying about it was true as well. "I agree that the homework is easy and I am in a similar boat although I like Potions and Charms. I haven't spent enough time on Defense Against Dark Arts to get a very good opinion on it but it doesn't seem like a bad class. That reminds me though, I am behind on homework for that class." She said laughing a little. "So thank you for that unintentional reminder!" She said and looked around for anyone else she knew again but she couldn't find anyone so she turned her attention back to Adohiro.
@Adohiro Moira
You will face many defeats in life but never allow yourself to be defeated
-Maya Angelou
10 Apr 2020, 01:48
Another Encounter
He smiled when it seemed like she had shared the same opinion about the transfiguration class, it was truly a very difficult and hard class. Everything did not make sense at all and he truly hated it. If there was any class he dared to skip, it would be transfiguration class no doubt! He would not care about the punishment, he truly would prefer taking any astronomy classes over the transfiguration class any day. "I would take the astronomy class or the herbology class over the transfiguration class any day! I always study for it but I never am good at it." He would complain and he let out a soft sigh. He would heard her speak more and he would nod to her conversation. Hogwarts was quite unordinary compared to the old school he had attended. Sure he did learn stuff in biology class but not stuff like this, it was all too weird and strange. He did remember reading old books his brother had about potions growing up, but he never took much interest in it. "Did you know any single thing from Hogwarts before you came here? I sorta did based on my brother's books in his personal library."
@Harper Pena
@Harper Pena
"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘
11 Apr 2020, 04:24
Another Encounter
Harper agreed with him about Transfiguration. It really was just hard to wrap your head around it. The frustrating thing is when you think you get a grasp on it you really don't or something else gets thrown at you and it completely messes with you. It is also strange to Harper that it doesn't follow normal physics that she learned in school growing up. When she was growing up she learned that matter couldn't be created nor destroyed but in Transfiguration... with the use of magic you can just make objects disappear likee truly disappear. It was fascinating but truly hard to wrap your head around it.
Harper listened to Adohiro talk and she nodded when he said he would take astronomy or herbology over Transfiguration. She agreed, especially about the herbology is better than Transfiguration thing. She actually loved Herbology so far. It was probably in 3rd place after Charms and Potions. She liked learning about plants. When he asked if she knew anything about Hogwarts before she came she shook her head. "No I actually didn't. Being a muggle-born I think affected that. No one in my family attended Hogwarts. Some kids in my town growing up talked about it but I never understood what they were talking about." She said and looked at him. "Did your whole family go to Hogwarts or who in your family did I guess I am just curious. It's interesting and a whole new kind of life for me. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She said to him.
@Adohiro Moira
Harper listened to Adohiro talk and she nodded when he said he would take astronomy or herbology over Transfiguration. She agreed, especially about the herbology is better than Transfiguration thing. She actually loved Herbology so far. It was probably in 3rd place after Charms and Potions. She liked learning about plants. When he asked if she knew anything about Hogwarts before she came she shook her head. "No I actually didn't. Being a muggle-born I think affected that. No one in my family attended Hogwarts. Some kids in my town growing up talked about it but I never understood what they were talking about." She said and looked at him. "Did your whole family go to Hogwarts or who in your family did I guess I am just curious. It's interesting and a whole new kind of life for me. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." She said to him.
@Adohiro Moira
You will face many defeats in life but never allow yourself to be defeated
-Maya Angelou
11 Apr 2020, 15:55
Another Encounter
"My whole family did attend Hogwarts, my older brother who raised me also attended Hogwarts. Along with my other family members like my aunt, cousins, and a few other surviving relatives." He told her with a small smile. His whole family was pure blood and had a long history in Hogwarts so it was not odd that Adohiro was forced to attend Hogwarts. It was a bit archaic it seemed if that made any sense, but he liked Hogwarts a bit. "So are you the first in your family to attend Hogwarts I assume? Do you have any other younger or older siblings who attended Hogwarts?" He asked him smiling softly and he would sit up and stretch his arms. He was a tad bit tired and he would glance out the window in charms. "Do you have any other favorite muggle studies? I liked art, too bad there is not really an art class in Hogwarts. I also liked the history and folklore class I had in Korea. It taught you mystical creatures and other scary or creepy stories from the past and future." He would explain and he remembered the teacher was amazing and he would sit up.
@Harper Pena
@Harper Pena
"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘
12 Apr 2020, 03:09
Another Encounter
Harper shook her head when he asked her if she had any other family who attended Hogwarts. "No, I actually am the first in my family to attend." She stated a hint of happiness and proud in her voice. She lept at the opportunity to go Hogwarts because she had heard nothing but good things about it and she was super excited to finally be able to go.
When he asked about her favorite muggle studies she had to think for a moment. "Hmmm..." She said as she spaced off for a moment thinking. "I would have to say I also enjoyed art but I loved my writing classes too. Especially this creative writing class we had in my school. We got to write all kinds of things like children's books and even got to draw pictures for them!" She said excitedly. She also nodded when he said he wished there was an art class offered at Hogwarts. "Yeah I agree, it would be cool if there was an art class or an art club where we could submit art or something." She said. When he mentioned the history and folklore class she couldn't help but feel a little envious of that. "Wow! That history and folklore class sounds fun! I wish we would've had something like that at my school growing up." She says and then asks him a question. "What about your least favorite muggle classes? I personally always hated math and science. I was never good at either and they were very hard for me."
When he asked about her favorite muggle studies she had to think for a moment. "Hmmm..." She said as she spaced off for a moment thinking. "I would have to say I also enjoyed art but I loved my writing classes too. Especially this creative writing class we had in my school. We got to write all kinds of things like children's books and even got to draw pictures for them!" She said excitedly. She also nodded when he said he wished there was an art class offered at Hogwarts. "Yeah I agree, it would be cool if there was an art class or an art club where we could submit art or something." She said. When he mentioned the history and folklore class she couldn't help but feel a little envious of that. "Wow! That history and folklore class sounds fun! I wish we would've had something like that at my school growing up." She says and then asks him a question. "What about your least favorite muggle classes? I personally always hated math and science. I was never good at either and they were very hard for me."
You will face many defeats in life but never allow yourself to be defeated
-Maya Angelou
12 Apr 2020, 15:42
Another Encounter
"Wow that is cool you are the first in your family to attend Hogwarts. I wish I was the first to join so I do not get the teacher's high expectations and they compare me to my older brother." He would let a soft sigh. It was really unfair and he disliked it, but what could he do? He could not change his family at all. "Probably my least favorite muggle study was history. I was not a big fan of it and I have always had old, boring, and senile teachers who made the class very boring. I have always almost fallen asleep in those classes and some times I would pass notes secretly which some how I always got caught. You know in South Korea if you are caught doing bad stuff, you have to raise your hands, sometimes carrying a book, for an extended amount of time. Oh and another funny punishment if you are not the one doing it, if you are late to class, you have to crouch, hold your ears, and scoot over to your chair. It's a really funny thing to watch but not be the person doing it." He would giggle. "Did your schools do that?"
@Harper Pena
@Harper Pena
"Why are you telling me to choose
When I only have my eyes half-open?
Somebody let me know, tell me which way to go"
-내일, 오늘