Have I been... charmed?

Image posted by the member

Have I been... charmed?
Valencia had been quite the talk recently after her rejection of an upper year. She was known to be unfavorable, tough to charm, but to those who enjoyed the cat-and-mouse game, she was a challenge. Valencia had never found relationships meaningful, "All it leads to is hurt." is what she had always told herself.

Thanks to this mindset, she had found herself rejecting several boys- and girls- who had thought they had "charmed her". Flirtation was nothing Valencia wasn't used to, people often just flirted for fun- making her scoff and roll her eyes in their direction, which unusually brought them in closer- Valencia never understood it.

Today wasn't an unusual one for her; Valencia had gotten out of bed at her usual time, styled her blonde, wavy hair in a half-up half-down hairstyle, eaten breakfast with her friends and made her way to her first class- charms.

When Valencia had first came to Hogwarts, upon hearing the word "charms", Valencia had laughed, picturing it to be love spells and delusion hexes. Finding herself wrong, she began to enjoy the class; it soon rose to the ranks of her favorite one.

Valencia made her way to the class with a smile on her face, not unusual for her, considering she was normally happy, especially when it came to Charms. Valencia had entered the quiet, lonely classroom before anyone else had- she liked to get there early. Valencia took a seat at the front of the class near the window so she could enjoy the sunny weather and look out the window when the teacher went over something she already knew.

Valencia began unpacking her book and took out her wand to place it on the desk. Of course, the desks were double desks- " to inspire friendship"- she had always mocked to herself, though she didn't see how only an hour of a class could bring two people close together, or perhaps she had just never experienced it yet.

As Valencia was unpacking her bags in the seemingly empty classroom, she heard someone walk through the large double doors that marked the entrance to the classroom, making her look up from the desk she sat at, not having expected anyone to get here as early as she had.

"A star only shines for as long as it's willing to fight for."
~Valencia Rosegold

Have I been... charmed?
I dressed, brushed my hair, and checked for eyebags in the bathroom, then sighed. I hated not sleeping well. I splash my face with cold water, and blink harshly. I hated insomnia, I will pass to the infirmary when I can to get anything to sleep better tonight.
During breakfast, I could not help but hear everyone talk about a first year that rejected an upper year. I scoff into my food as I listen to that. Why would even an upper year want to be with a first year?
As I hear the same words over and over, I simply leave my breakfast unfinished, heading early to my frist class of the day. I check my schedule, and mildly sigh: Charms.

I am NOT in the mood for Charms in this moment. I have been so tired, and it takes incredible effort...

I try to make myself feel better as I walk close to the windows, letting the sunlight bathe me before entering the classroom.

Who is that? What kind of person arrives earlier than this hour?

I think to myself as I see a girl in the front row. I rub my eyes as I go over to sit on the second row, near the window just for the light to keep me awake during class.

I think I have a free period today before my next class. I'll probably sleep a little during that time.

Even if up or down for thou, in the search of all knowledge and power for my soul I thrive.