Let's Chat!
I agree with all of you. Overly long deadlines make me forget and I end not submitting or not putting effort into it, but really short deadlines make me nervous and make me panic therfore the same thing happens as overly long deadlines, I end up not submitting or not putting enough effort...
Let's Chat!
A large part of the reason for the short deadline is the amount of work that piles up when a position is left empty. It would be a lot of work for the person leaving to continue doing their tasks anyway, or for other staff members to pick up where they left off. Therefore we probably won't extend the standard deadlines. Still, it's really nice to hear everyone's thoughts!
Let's Chat!
I think I agree, while I understand the reasoning for it being short, I think an extension of just 2-3 days would be quite helpfulLaasya Manjunath wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:42 I would prefer the deadline to be moderate, not too short so that we have time to actually write properly and not too long so that we don’t end up forgetting about it.
Let's Chat!
I agree with that as well, perhaps even just 1-2 days more would give a good amount of time for rewrites and double checking that it gets the point across!Julia Evans wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:46I think I agree, while I understand the reasoning for it being short, I think an extension of just 2-3 days would be quite helpfulLaasya Manjunath wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:42 I would prefer the deadline to be moderate, not too short so that we have time to actually write properly and not too long so that we don’t end up forgetting about it.
Let's Chat!
AgreedRosalyn Willows wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:53I agree with that as well, perhaps even just 1-2 days more would give a good amount of time for rewrites and double checking that it gets the point across!Julia Evans wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:46I think I agree, while I understand the reasoning for it being short, I think an extension of just 2-3 days would be quite helpfulLaasya Manjunath wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:42 I would prefer the deadline to be moderate, not too short so that we have time to actually write properly and not too long so that we don’t end up forgetting about it.
Let's Chat!
One day /j (no seriously, I always thought 2 weeks was long then add on another week or two for voting lol, but then after the fact it's almost as if the month flew by!)Milica Vranekova wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:03Interesting! We always like to hear people's opinions. What time limit do you have in mind instead?Max Kenneally Vidler wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:00 It surprises me to see that staff applications have such a short time limit for applying. I see the point of that a certain amount of activity is required, but I myself know how slowly I write when it is something importantI have not even thought about applying, just so it is stated. It just struck me as a bit odd!
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark
Let's Chat!
new deadline: one week for others, one day for clark.Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 15:00One day /j (no seriously, I always thought 2 weeks was long then add on another week or two for voting lol, but then after the fact it's almost as if the month flew by!)Milica Vranekova wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:03Interesting! We always like to hear people's opinions. What time limit do you have in mind instead?Max Kenneally Vidler wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:00 It surprises me to see that staff applications have such a short time limit for applying. I see the point of that a certain amount of activity is required, but I myself know how slowly I write when it is something importantI have not even thought about applying, just so it is stated. It just struck me as a bit odd!
Let's Chat!
No make it 1 hour for ClarkMilica Vranekova wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 15:03new deadline: one week for others, one day for clark.Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 15:00One day /j (no seriously, I always thought 2 weeks was long then add on another week or two for voting lol, but then after the fact it's almost as if the month flew by!)Milica Vranekova wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:03Interesting! We always like to hear people's opinions. What time limit do you have in mind instead?Max Kenneally Vidler wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:00 It surprises me to see that staff applications have such a short time limit for applying. I see the point of that a certain amount of activity is required, but I myself know how slowly I write when it is something importantI have not even thought about applying, just so it is stated. It just struck me as a bit odd!
Let's Chat!
wow @Vladislav Liam Gunther, you are very well liked
I have not even thought about applying, just so it is stated. It just struck me as a bit odd!