OOC Let's Chat!

Julia Evans wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:19
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:16 Honestly no offense, but I’ve visited the UK and I honestly love America better. Probably because it’s where I’ve been born and raised. :)

Though I respect if you love your own country better.
I have visited both, and personally I love the city i'm staying in (I'm not from where I stay, and I love where I stay AND where I'm from more). Tho I respect you liking your own country
I have visited the US but not the UK. But I prefer the American schools a bit more than the Indian schools, mainly because schools in India are a bit too strict

Also, I had to shift between India and the States a lot

OOC Let's Chat!
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:15 Yeah. The season pass tickets for an amusement park I go to are around that price and more. They used to be way cheaper. :lol:
Yeahhh :sob: the season passes though aren't 117 dollars.
Summer Fun Pass - 134.99 | Unlimited entry to the park from april 18 2026 to sept 13 2026
Silver Season Pass - 169.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 10% off park orders.
Gold Season Pass - 244.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 15% off park orders, free general parking, first hour timesaver access
Diamond Season Pass - idk I cant find it on their site but they sell it at the park
Summer Splash Pass - 104.99 | only covers the water park
Summer Splash Pass + Water Park Dining - 169.99

Ticket prices fluctuate, right now it's 116.99 for adult tickets, 94.99 for child tickets at the park | 54.99 for adult tickets, 24.99 for child tickets at the water park

Really, it might just be cheaper to buy the passes if I'm gonna go multiple times a year.

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark

OOC Let's Chat!
Never visited the US before :sweatingbullets:

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained".
PC = Emily Shephard

OOC Let's Chat!
Casey Stone wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:25 Never visited the US before :sweatingbullets:
Me neither :sad:

iNPC: Luuk Tjin-A-Wing
sta 7 | eva 12 | str 15 | wis 9 | arc 8 | acc 15
𝐓𝐏 • 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 • 𝐨𝐛𝐧𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 • 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 • 𝐄𝐌

OOC Let's Chat!
Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:24
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:15 Yeah. The season pass tickets for an amusement park I go to are around that price and more. They used to be way cheaper. :lol:
Yeahhh :sob: the season passes though aren't 117 dollars.
Summer Fun Pass - 134.99 | Unlimited entry to the park from april 18 2026 to sept 13 2026
Silver Season Pass - 169.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 10% off park orders.
Gold Season Pass - 244.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 15% off park orders, free general parking, first hour timesaver access
Diamond Season Pass - idk I cant find it on their site but they sell it at the park
Summer Splash Pass - 104.99 | only covers the water park
Summer Splash Pass + Water Park Dining - 169.99

Ticket prices fluctuate, right now it's 116.99 for adult tickets, 94.99 for child tickets at the park | 54.99 for adult tickets, 24.99 for child tickets at the water park

Really, it might just be cheaper to buy the passes if I'm gonna go multiple times a year.
Why do tickets have to be so expensive! :cry2:

Be the change you wish to see
in the world.

OOC Let's Chat!
I have visited the US twice. Problem is I was so young that what I remember best is the seemingly endless plane ride :sweatingbullets:

PC: Maximilianus Kenneally Vidler—————————"Life is short; make it weird and slightly chaotic."
iNPC: Harvey Dunn—————————————————————Roadhouse Radio

OOC Let's Chat!
i’ve visted the uk once and it was probably one of the best experiences in my life!!

brookline quinn | peter smith
is it female rage or am i just my father’s daughter?

OOC Let's Chat!
Reducio
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:27
Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:24
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:15 Yeah. The season pass tickets for an amusement park I go to are around that price and more. They used to be way cheaper. :lol:
Yeahhh :sob: the season passes though aren't 117 dollars.
Summer Fun Pass - 134.99 | Unlimited entry to the park from april 18 2026 to sept 13 2026
Silver Season Pass - 169.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 10% off park orders.
Gold Season Pass - 244.99 | gives 2 discounted bring a friend tickets, 15% off park orders, free general parking, first hour timesaver access
Diamond Season Pass - idk I cant find it on their site but they sell it at the park
Summer Splash Pass - 104.99 | only covers the water park
Summer Splash Pass + Water Park Dining - 169.99

Ticket prices fluctuate, right now it's 116.99 for adult tickets, 94.99 for child tickets at the park | 54.99 for adult tickets, 24.99 for child tickets at the water park

Really, it might just be cheaper to buy the passes if I'm gonna go multiple times a year.
Why do tickets have to be so expensive! :cry2:


Because amusement parks are going bankrupt :ermm:

iNPC: Luuk Tjin-A-Wing
sta 7 | eva 12 | str 15 | wis 9 | arc 8 | acc 15
𝐓𝐏 • 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 • 𝐨𝐛𝐧𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 • 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 • 𝐄𝐌

OOC Let's Chat!
Laasya Manjunath wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:23
Julia Evans wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:19
Avery Gray wrote: 18 Feb 2026, 12:16 Honestly no offense, but I’ve visited the UK and I honestly love America better. Probably because it’s where I’ve been born and raised. :)

Though I respect if you love your own country better.
I have visited both, and personally I love the city i'm staying in (I'm not from where I stay, and I love where I stay AND where I'm from more). Tho I respect you liking your own country
I have visited the US but not the UK. But I prefer the American schools a bit more than the Indian schools, mainly because schools in India are a bit too strict

Also, I had to shift between India and the States a lot
Ooof... my reason for visiting the US is really funny and spur-of-the-moment

So I was participating in this robotics competition in primary, and we passed the regional, then we thought the next round (state) was the last, but turns out there was a worldwide round which we qualified for. The worldwide round was in the US, but 3 of us and me didn't have visas so the school had to send like special letters to get an early appointment...

It was chaos.


I visted uk when i was like 3 but i remember it somehow (sorry, but i like UK more than US)

Shop
I'm not weird. I'm limited edition.
Ency

OOC Let's Chat!
I dream of visiting the UK. But ticket prices are so... expensive.

Sometimes I wish I was one of those folks who came from California or New York who bought property down here and had a crap ton of money left over due to the fact that things cost less here in comparison to them purchasing property in their previous states. :(

My new york neighbor had moved here 2017 after their dad died, of course, they didn't really have to pay for the house other than the remaining bills, but now everything's paid off and they still have a lot of money. The california couple (now divorced) that moved in a few months ago then moved out had a lot of money too!

:(

It's not so bad having as much money as we do, which isn't really a lot, but sometimes we have money to splurge, even if we have to get the cheaper alternatives. We often do free things because it doesn't drain our money other than having to pay for gas.

The theme park is not free, and I wish it was. But also, there's an aquarium, (two) minigolf experience(s), arcade, world records museum and such that are 50% off with me providing my id at the time of ticket purchase. Often times, the discount I get is like 10-20% off. 10% off is really just enough to cut out the tax, so you're paying normal ticket price excluding tax basically.

That brings me back to the plane tickets. I only got to go to Maine and fly on a plane because ticket prices were comped and donated to us due to my brother taking part in an organization that helps (not make a wish) make a child's dream come true, especially if they have any sort of critical conditions or will lose their senses.

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark