Let's Chat!
Oh no! Good luck!Sage Willows wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 21:07 great... I have to work with the person who made the list about me today :|
Let's Chat!
Ignore the list and walk proud!
What have I gotten myself into?
Astronomy Professor |
| Student: Colin McCoire | iNPC: Cursa McCoire
Let's Chat!
*peeks in*
Let's Chat!
I'm with the professor! Show them it doesn't matter what they had to say!Laasya Manjunath wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 22:03Oh no! Good luck!Sage Willows wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 21:07 great... I have to work with the person who made the list about me today :|
Let's Chat!
Guys, I have a question, why is it that most subjects have multiple choice questions, but some have long answers and an roleplay?
✩𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓉𝓈✩
"Curiosity Always Leads Somewhere" |
Let's Chat!
They used to all have short/long answers and a roleplay, but most teachers have been switching to the multiple choice / fill in the blank so they take less time. It's not for a specific reason, only that some teachers did and others didn'tDiana Roberts wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 22:46 Guys, I have a question, why is it that most subjects have multiple choice questions, but some have long answers and an roleplay?
|
|
Let's Chat!
Oh I see. That makes sense. Thank you!
✩𝒟𝒾𝒶𝓃𝒶 𝑅𝑜𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓉𝓈✩
"Curiosity Always Leads Somewhere" |
Let's Chat!
I actually wrote up a longer explanation but in the long run and the shortest answer is- I hated writing prompts. It killed my interest in homework, especially after doing them for multiple accounts over the years.Diana Roberts wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 22:46 Guys, I have a question, why is it that most subjects have multiple choice questions, but some have long answers and an roleplay?
It was also a lot easier and faster to grade multiple choice than it was to have to sit down and spend 5-10 minutes reading an rp to ensure it didn't break (1) site rules, (2) homework rules, (3) met the prompt, (4) contained the exact steps and recipes for the potion brewing/exact incantation/pronunication/wand movement/effect for spellcasting, (5) wasn't ai generated or plagarized. I love reading your words, trust me, it just got tiring to have to grade maybe 15-20 homework at a time (depending on the subject) and if it had writing prompts it took more care, more attention, and all.
But again, I loved grading, just did not like the writing portions the most both on the professor side and on the student side. It was really a lot easier to do multiple choice and to do a quick check in the answer key and be like the correct answers are ABBAC, did they do that? Only some? Okay, let's correct the wrong answers. It was really a lot easier.
And that was part of the move I made towards making the first simplified owl and newt onsite! (No writing portions!)
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark
Let's Chat!
I personally don't mind the writing portions but considering now that I have to do the same homeworks on 2 different accounts now (as do many others of course), it just causes a lot of time that needs set aside to do all of them twice and frankly... A little bit of burnout 
So I appreciate a blend of multiple choice, short answers and writing prompts (that are interspersed throughout the different subjects)
So I appreciate a blend of multiple choice, short answers and writing prompts (that are interspersed throughout the different subjects)
Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
Let's Chat!
Emily Shephard wrote: 7 Feb 2026, 23:46 I personally don't mind the writing portions but considering now that I have to do the same homeworks on 2 different accounts now (as do many others of course), it just causes a lot of time that needs set aside to do all of them twice and frankly... A little bit of burnout
So I appreciate a blend of multiple choice, short answers and writing prompts (that are interspersed throughout the different subjects)![]()
I have wishes for the roles and of the homework they hold, but since I can't be professor (generally, staff) without ever having a discord account again, these wishes might just stay in my head for a while.
Yeah, I never did like the true false ones, or the fill in the blanks, or the writing portions (whether short or long) BUT, they were an attempt to shorten the previous previous professor's homework, which was exclusively written. I'm old enough to have done these homeworks and to know that not all of the lessons at the time offered spells! Three of the hom spells were done via a mass thread of a sort in his classroom forum!
That being said, I essentially just made the multiple choice for hom a lot easier because it was easier to do that and was more pleasing for my brain than it was to have a mess of questions that weren't consistent. Having all multiple choices was my choice. It made my brain go "oh this is understandable, I can comprehend this."
I was originally NOT going to have the bonus questions in hom at the time until people started talking in discord about how they missed *writing in homework* and I was like.. yeah I'm not mandating this nor am I penalizing you for your writing like I would if it wasn't a bonus question.. so if you want to write fine, go ahead. Here's your prompt so I can't tell if its your other account.
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark