The Letter

It was a Wednesday. I came back from school to say a big cake that said ‘Happy 11th Birthday Tina!” written in pink icing. There were presents to the right wrapped in shiny pale pink paper topped with GIANT bows. “OMG thanks mom, thanks dad!” I exclaimed. After we sang happy birthday, we cut into the cake. I was a chocolate cake with vanilla custard. I had just dug my fork into the cake when we heard a knock at the door. Who’s there? I wondered. “I’ll get it!” I told my parents ) jumping up. I opened the door and saw a lady with a cloak and a heavy looking envelope with a bright red stamp on it. I looked at her confused to why she was here. Was she a new neighbor? “Um, hello?” I said. She asked to come in. I lead her in like a good host. “Who’s that lady?” my little sister, Olivia, asked quite rudely. She had pink icing smeared across her face. Then, this random lady launched into a speech before my parents could say a word. She basically said… Hello I’m a professor from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I kinda zoned out after that. WHAT?! my brain was swarming with questions. Even Olivia stoped eating and stared at her with disbelief. She explained to my parents about their world. My mum looked at her with confused curiosity. My dad had his hand on his iPhone ready to call the police. Then to prove to them that this was real, she turned my clock into a hamster, then changed it back. Then she told me that school would start on September first and I was like. Your seriously telling me MONTHS before hand? But still I was a witch and I was proud of it.

"A wise girl knows her limits; A smart girl knows she has none."