Lost Writing due to Cloudflare
Hello
I apologize if something of this nature has been addressed elsewhere.
Just wanted to report an issue I've had, where I lost my writing do to a cloudflare check when attempting to preview my post.
I am 100% understanding of the implementation of cloudflare, that is not at all my concern, but I am worried that this will be an issue again, and a rather disheartening one to have to worry about. I read that the checks are supposed to happen whenever we initially come online, and so they would reset if we went offline/"inactive", and i am guessing that is what happened here.
If this is something that is unavoidable (and not an issue with me somehow) , knowing how long we have until "going offline" while posting would be a huge help! I will be copying my work to be safe just in case
Thanks for your time!
I apologize if something of this nature has been addressed elsewhere.
Just wanted to report an issue I've had, where I lost my writing do to a cloudflare check when attempting to preview my post.
I am 100% understanding of the implementation of cloudflare, that is not at all my concern, but I am worried that this will be an issue again, and a rather disheartening one to have to worry about. I read that the checks are supposed to happen whenever we initially come online, and so they would reset if we went offline/"inactive", and i am guessing that is what happened here.
If this is something that is unavoidable (and not an issue with me somehow) , knowing how long we have until "going offline" while posting would be a huge help! I will be copying my work to be safe just in case
Thanks for your time!
Lost Writing due to Cloudflare
happened to me a few days ago too, lost my entire post sob sob
the way cloudflare works is it drops cookies & stuff and tracks your session to figure out if you're a bot, but they tend to have short lifespans (usually 10-30 mins, idk what hio's set to). so if you idle and write for longer than that your cookie expires and cloudflare will rechallenge you
i'd recommend drafting on something safe that won't eat your text, then copy-pasting to the site and get all the fancy coding done within 10 minutes
also if you're on chromium-based browsers and preview a lot, you can just hit the back button on your browser to return to your last preview, won't recover new edits but better than losing everything
the way cloudflare works is it drops cookies & stuff and tracks your session to figure out if you're a bot, but they tend to have short lifespans (usually 10-30 mins, idk what hio's set to). so if you idle and write for longer than that your cookie expires and cloudflare will rechallenge you
i'd recommend drafting on something safe that won't eat your text, then copy-pasting to the site and get all the fancy coding done within 10 minutes
also if you're on chromium-based browsers and preview a lot, you can just hit the back button on your browser to return to your last preview, won't recover new edits but better than losing everything
| iNPC: Ilya Voronov |
|
#D2445E |
Lost Writing due to Cloudflare
yes exactly what mamori said. lost about a whole 700 words the other day, and what i do now is copy and paste the whole code, put in in word counter. then once the cloudflare is finshed, i put the code back in hio, and preview it. hope this helps!!
Lost Writing due to Cloudflare
I have the exact same issue. I've already had this happen like five or ten times today. Some of the time I was working on an rp post, and the rest I was working on my ency, I literally have to copy all of my text before previewing it out of fear of loosing it. It's a very annoying issue and I hope it gets fixed sometime soon, or that we are told how long we have before it resets the verification.