Site not secure
Description of the problem:
So, since the time that the server was updated earlier today, when I go to hio for some reason I get this "error" notification that says the site isn't secure. The first time that I tried to go to the site I couldn't get there at all, because there was no link that said Proceed to hogwarts.io (unsafe) and there was no way for me to get to hio. I tried it again and the same thing happened. Then I restarted Chrome and the wifi connection and the screen was the same as the screenshot below. I can now access the site, but every time I go to it it says that the server is insecure. I am using exactly the same browser as before, no updates or anything.
Screenshot:
Error message:
View screen above for info
Device and browser used:
Chrome, MacBook Pro
So, since the time that the server was updated earlier today, when I go to hio for some reason I get this "error" notification that says the site isn't secure. The first time that I tried to go to the site I couldn't get there at all, because there was no link that said Proceed to hogwarts.io (unsafe) and there was no way for me to get to hio. I tried it again and the same thing happened. Then I restarted Chrome and the wifi connection and the screen was the same as the screenshot below. I can now access the site, but every time I go to it it says that the server is insecure. I am using exactly the same browser as before, no updates or anything.
Screenshot:
Reducio

Error message:
View screen above for info
Device and browser used:
Chrome, MacBook Pro
| xxxxx | ⊹✧𝖫𝖸𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖠 ~ ency ☼ 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗋, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 ☼ |
⋮ ⋮ |
⊹ Sta 6 | Eva 10 | Str 7 | Wis 4 | Arc 4 | Acc 10 ⊹ ─── ‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ‿ ─── |
⋮ ⋮ |
xxxxx |
Site not secure
@Zachary Winslow I talked about this with prof Lear on discord, he says you need to update the http certificate. Not trying to press or anything though!
Reducio
Screen:


| xxxxx | ⊹✧𝖫𝖸𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖠 ~ ency ☼ 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗋, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 ☼ |
⋮ ⋮ |
⊹ Sta 6 | Eva 10 | Str 7 | Wis 4 | Arc 4 | Acc 10 ⊹ ─── ‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ‿ ─── |
⋮ ⋮ |
xxxxx |
Site not secure
Very strange, it's probably because I removed Cloudflare yesterday.
I'll renew the certificate tonight (European time)
I'll renew the certificate tonight (European time)
Site not secure
Well, I'm not sure what happened, and I couldn't reproduce the issue. However, I’ve renewed all the certificates. Let me know if it works now
Site not secure
Thank you! I'll try restarting my computer tomorrow and post again, but so far it says the same:
Reducio
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from hogwarts.io (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
Subject: hogwarts.io
Issuer: E5
Expires on: May 12, 2025
Current date: Feb 12, 2025
PEM encoded chain:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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=
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
This server could not prove that it is hogwarts.io; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Proceed to hogwarts.io (unsafe)| xxxxx | ⊹✧𝖫𝖸𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖠 ~ ency ☼ 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗋, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 ☼ |
⋮ ⋮ |
⊹ Sta 6 | Eva 10 | Str 7 | Wis 4 | Arc 4 | Acc 10 ⊹ ─── ‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ‿ ─── |
⋮ ⋮ |
xxxxx |
Site not secure
It's really strange...
- Could you make sure that the date and time on your computer are up to date?
- What is your OS version, what is your Google Chrome version?
- Could you clear the cache of Google Chrome, and let me know if it continues?
- Could you make sure that the date and time on your computer are up to date?
- What is your OS version, what is your Google Chrome version?
- Could you clear the cache of Google Chrome, and let me know if it continues?
Site not secure
So, the time and date are accurate. This is the pasted text about the Chrome version:
The one I'm using for this is:
I've been using incognito mode for hio the whole time I've been using it, so I don't think I need to clear my cache, right?
To get future Google Chrome updates, you'll need OS X 10.11 or later. This computer is using OS X 10.10. Learn more
Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)The one I'm using for this is:
OS X Yosemite
Version 10.10.5
MacBook ProI've been using incognito mode for hio the whole time I've been using it, so I don't think I need to clear my cache, right?
| xxxxx | ⊹✧𝖫𝖸𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖠 ~ ency ☼ 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗋, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 ☼ |
⋮ ⋮ |
⊹ Sta 6 | Eva 10 | Str 7 | Wis 4 | Arc 4 | Acc 10 ⊹ ─── ‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ‿ ─── |
⋮ ⋮ |
xxxxx |
Site not secure
I'm sorry, but the issue comes from here: you're using a version of Google Chrome that is 5 years old, and a version of macOS that is 11 years old. I think the error occurs because the root certificates have been updated several times since then: there is nothing I can do, your MacOS is too old.
You need to update your computer, which is possible if your Mac is from 2007 (inclusive) or later. I highly recommend doing this, as you will encounter more and more issues with this site and many others. Meanwhile, you can ignore the error.
You need to update your computer, which is possible if your Mac is from 2007 (inclusive) or later. I highly recommend doing this, as you will encounter more and more issues with this site and many others. Meanwhile, you can ignore the error.
Site not secure
I understand. This computer is only temporary, I was just concerned that that may not have been the only reason. I will get back to my usual computer soon. Nothing is wrong with the site then? The certificate is valid as always?
| xxxxx | ⊹✧𝖫𝖸𝖠𝖭𝖭𝖠 ~ ency ☼ 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗆𝖾𝗋, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍'𝗌 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗌 ☼ |
⋮ ⋮ |
⊹ Sta 6 | Eva 10 | Str 7 | Wis 4 | Arc 4 | Acc 10 ⊹ ─── ‿︵˓ ʚ♡ɞ ˓ ︵ ‿ ─── |
⋮ ⋮ |
xxxxx |
Site not secure
In summary: the certificate is valid, but your operating system is too old to recognize the "chain of trust" (who issued the certificates), so it issues an alert.
If you want more explanations, please read https://letsencrypt.org/2023/07/10/cros ... expiration.
If you want more explanations, please read https://letsencrypt.org/2023/07/10/cros ... expiration.