Muggle Studies

Register
Sign in

Errand  Coming out as.. Switzerland?  Closed 

What goes around, comes around. Another year had passed for the young Morgan. She was now in her third year of attendance at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Being made Prefect and making the Quidditch team as a chaser were both accomplishments that she was proud of. Everything in her life seemed normal, at least to those who didn't know her well. As far as you could tell, she put on a brave and kind face and went along with the day, going to classes and getting through the tedious homework. But nope, she was mentally not okay in the slightest.

A flashback to the last ball, her "date" with Saskia ruined. The girl assured her it was okay but they hadn't spoken since and Annie was going to make no move to see or talk to her again. Back to the present, another ball was quickly approaching. Would she go? Yes. With a date? Probably not. The problem was that she was mentally conflicted. She had a blast at the last ball with Saskia when they weren't trying to run for their lives from dangerous flying creatures. But what did she feel so lost when thinking about feelings, or more specifically love? Love wasn't easy but then again everywhere she looked first and second year students were dating, flirting and what not. Good on them as long as they weren't being bad yes, but also how the heck did they do it?

The girl sighed and rubbed her temples, making her way into Muggle Studies. Not for the class but for an errand. She was going to make a flag, but what sort of flag? The girl wasn't artistic in the slightest but she figured it would be fun. Her mind wandered but came to the same conclusion. The brunette had no idea. Nothing was sparking her imagination, if anything her head was filled with confusion at the moment. A frustrated noise escaped her mouth, something between a huff and a groan. A small thought prickled at the back of her mind but she swiftly shooed it away.

"Maybe if I start drawing I'll think of something.. or at least clear my head?" The girl spoke to herself silently. It wasn't a bad idea, and it was her only idea so she got to work. Annie unfolded a scratch piece of parchment from her robe and reached for some ink and a quill before scratching away on it, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
Word count: 414

@May Moonstar
Last edited by Maya Galim on 5 Oct 2020, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.

Stamina | 6 | Evasion | 8 | Strength | 10 | Wisdom | 6 | Arcane Power | 8 | Accuracy | 10

"Put all excuses aside and remember this: you are capable." - Zig Ziglar

Music is the key to the soul ♡

@Annie Morgan
May was back in Hogwarts a month ago, and a lot of changes came suddenly for the young Hufflepuff. The problem was that such a small mind could not assimilate so much at once, and it all paid it's price in the worst ways possible. The thought of new year fresh starts vanished from her mind as she had entered the castle's corridors on her first day as a second year. It was clear that all her happiness had gone.

Firstly, her mother was sick. Not bad? Yes, it was. And very. The thought of losing her mother affected her greatly, even when they didn't have a close relationship. But it hadn't happened yet. 'Dont worry May. You still have a chance.' Secondly, she had lost her best childhood friend. At first, her best friend blamed her for ruining her friendship with somebody else, which didn't make any sense. Her best childhood friend had ruined their mutual friendship in the first place, and it wasn't May's fault that she had lost someone she loved dearly. But now, May blamed herself for her actions. Full of rage, she had slapped her best friend, ruining their friendship forever. They were broken. And nothing could mend them. Afterwards, May had got the news that she was moving to another wizarding school, and that they were probably no ways to see each other again. Or talk. Fine.

It was now clear that the Hufflepuff had a though temper. Not only it had shown itself when she hurt Ivy, but it had also shown when she had played Shuntbumps on the first S.W.A.G game, or the reason she had gone from the Quiddich team and entered dueling. You don't fit there. Stop blaming yourself. But oh she did blame herself. Even if she didn't want to admit it.

Dueling would be a nice experience, she thought. At least she was going to do what she liked now. Jinxing people and making them pay. Payback. That was the word.

But there was also one last issue. She had a crush.

She never thought it would be specifically her. May had started as a very shy girl when she entered Hogwarts, but then, that girl had opened her eyes, and from her she had learned to like people more and not think the worst of them anymore. She still couldn't help it thought. May didn't exacly know her feelings yet, and they were odd to her, yet again she had spelled them quite correctly. She had a crush on Callie Jensen.

May made her way into the Muggle Studies classroom, her warm brown hair twirling behind her. She had hear a errand was being held there, and May had always joined fun errands, especially the ones where you had to be crafty. She smiled softly as she saw a figure she knew quite well. "Hi Annie. Can I join you?" she said as she approached the older Hufflepuff.

Martial Artist
STA●8
EVA●6
STR●9
WIS●4
ARC●4
ACC●9

Drawing. Not one of Annie's strong suits. So why was she doing it? To clean her mind. Was it working? The simple answer, nope.

Annie let out a frustrated sigh and hung her head back in annoyance, closing her eyes and rubbing her temple. A shadow soon loomed over her and she cracked an eye open, seeing a familiar face standing over her. A small squeak escaped her lips as she jumped backwards, off the bench and onto the floor. She lay on her butt, her hair scattered in her face. She blew a puff of air out of her mouth, clearing her bangs from her eyes as she looked up at May. "Gah, sorry I'm so jumpy and ah yeah sure May." The brunette rubbed her butt, knowing it was gonna bruise or at least be sore before getting up and dusting off her clothes. The Prefect was dressed in a beige sweater and black leggings, beneath her robe that is. She got cold rather easily and the weather was not nice during the winter.

"Ehm, well my mind is kinda blocked for an idea at the moment, do you perhaps have any idea?" Annie looked hopefully at the younger badger. All she managed to "draw" was a bunch of scribbles on the piece of parchment she had taken from her robe. Her eyes glanced back to the table she was sitting at and saw the ink bottle she had been using to write on the parchment was now laying on it's side, it's contents spilled on the wooden table, making it darker than it already was. "Er, well I should probably clean this up before we do anything, you wanna try to Scourgify the table, some extra practice outside of class never hurts?" Annie offered to the girl then proceeded to wait silently.

After a bit Annie nodded her head and started up a conversation again, taking a seat on the bench and not leaning backwards this time. "Well as you can see drawing out my thoughts didn't help, maybe chatting will? What's on your mind if I may ask?" Sure small talk could be awkward, but it wasn't with a total stranger and Annie had nothing better to do since her mind was cluttered and May was silent at the moment. Perhaps she could ask her about the ball, that was the only thing everyone was talking about at the moment anyways.

No you don't, if you start thinking about the ball it'll just spiral into thoughts about Saskia and confusion again, anything but thinking about yourself, just say something else..

"Anyone that you fancy? I mean you are getting older now and someone has aught to peak your attention, my love life is in shambles boring and non-existent at the moment. Pardon me for coming on strong but who likes small talks, I certainly don't.." Annie hummed, a playful glint in her eyes. While waiting for a response she grabbed the flag starter and some colors she thought that looked nice before speaking quietly to herself outloud. "Mmm.. Purple, pink and blue, what can I do with these colors?" Maybe some sort of ombre-ish design? Annie slowly nodded and started with the pink, fading into the purple and lastly the blue. It looked close enough like a flag, actually it reminded her of something she had seen but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. "How does it look? I know it's not much but it looks decent yeah, here help me with the second coat, maybe we can do a little shape in the middle too?"

The errand was fun and creative, even though Annie's creative juices weren't quite flowing. A sharp recognition hit her and she had a flash back to the gay errand last school year. She had wiped these same three colors on her cheeks and got asked a question "Are you bisexual?" At the time she didn't know what that meant so she searched it and was confused so simply she waved it off. The ball had happened a few months prior to that where she was just figuring out her feelings but simply thought nothing of it as well.

The brunette turned wide eyed to May, like a deer in headlights and whispered so she was barely audible. "Oh my god, I'm bisexual. Oh my god I had a crush on Saskia. OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO?!" Annie yelled the last part, not sure if she was asking herself or the near empty room, as if an answer would appear out of thin air and solve all of her problems. If she thought her thought process was scrambled earlier, she was screwed now. A blush rose to her cheeks as she looked at May. She had just come out to her and asked a probably straight and confused younger girl what to do about not being straight. Oh crap.
Word count: 822
@May Moonstar

Stamina | 6 | Evasion | 8 | Strength | 10 | Wisdom | 6 | Arcane Power | 8 | Accuracy | 10

"Put all excuses aside and remember this: you are capable." - Zig Ziglar

Music is the key to the soul ♡

@May Moonstar
Amused by Annie's reaction, May looked at Annie rub her backside quite comically. The younger Hufflepuff couldn't help but smile. Probably the only true smile she had since she had entered her second year.

She looked at the table where papers, paint, and brushes rested, waiting to be used for the project that was being held that very day. She looked at them, then at her badger friend, and as thought she had read her mind,"Ehm, well my mind is kinda blocked for an idea at the moment, do you perhaps have any idea?".

"My head is as blank as your Annie. Yet again, we really do want to win these house points and sickles. If you can call it 'win' anyways..."

A thoughtful grimace came into the young second year's face as she thought of what to do. Her mind was as blank as Annie's as she looked at the purple pink and blue paint. She had always been creative. She had always been the one ready to destroy her sister's paint bottles and artistic things when she was younger, yet again....

Then, Annie asked her if she would "do the honors" to Scourgify the table. She smiled again, a familiar dimple showing on her face as she took out her Phoenix feather core and black walnut wood wand that she treasured deeply. She had learned the spell last year- thought she didn't remember in which class. The poor Hufflepuff was very intelligent, but had a extremely poor memory after class. Thank god she remembered the wand movements and pronunciation with her life. "Scourgify". Pointing at the table, she swished her wand into the correct movement. The paint and dirt cleaned quickly. Satisfied, May put her wand in her pocket.

Then, the "conversation" took a big turn. Whats in your mind wasn't exacly a question May wanted to answer, so she didn't say anything for some time. But she needn't worry. Annie was asking her another question. Anyone you fancy? Oh damn it. Not that question. She still didn't know her feelings to Callie, nonetheless she felt a though feeling she had never felt before. "I-I don't know. M-maybe? I mean, there is someone I think...but...I'm not sure-how does it feel to fancy someone anyway?!"

These last words came in a burst, her eyes full of wonder for she had never liked or fancied anyone. Not concisely anyways. The mere thought of being in love had disgusted her for some time-until now. "I don't know. She's very different than me. I saw her a lot of times. She's funny, and graceful. Remember last year, when I was quite....uh...shy? Well, she changed that." the girl blinked again, confused. Why was she telling this to Annie? Why was she so confident about it now?!

May looked down at the flag Annie was starting. Purple pink and blue. Wait these were the-

She was cut by Annie again, as the other Hufflepuff asked her if she would help. "But Annie, don't you recognize them? These are the b-" buy Annie had already recognized the colors. She heard Annie whisper, barely audible, looking at the younger Hufflepuff wide eyed.

"Oh my god, I'm bisexual. Oh my god I had a crush on Saskia. OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO?!"

May blinked, confused. Annie was bi. And what? May shrugged comically, wondering why Annie was so surprised. But then- "Saskia? You mean, Saskia Nicholson our old Quiddich captain? The one who became a prefect and then dropped not long ago? That Saskia?"

What the actual hell-

Annie had a crush on Saskia before. Not anymore? Not...not now? Gosh, all of this was so confusing...

"Annie..." oh god, what could she say? She was- sorry? All was going to be ok? Lay a hand on her shoulder and....explain? "I think I have a crush on a girl too." she said in a near whisper. May half expected a bomb to explode over their heads as this was revealed into her mind. But that didn't make a tiny bit of sense?

She baked away from Annie teathrically and announced in a comical voice, "We discovered our true meaning in this world! Tada!" She laughed and smiled at her old friend. You know Annie, I never knew this conversation-or errand-would lead to this." and she hastily finished the cross in the middle of the painted flag.
735+488=1223 Errand Finished-will continue to RP
Reducio
Flag:

Martial Artist
STA●8
EVA●6
STR●9
WIS●4
ARC●4
ACC●9