Register
Sign in
3 Apr 2018, 05:55
Anger Management Needed  Closed 
Aravis was in a foul mood. It was like almost everyone she had encountered was happy-go-lucky positive and extremely kind. Thought being in Skytherin got rid of a few of those people it still bothered her. How can everyone have a better life, better back story, and better family than her? It was almost like she was the only one who had been raised in hell itself. She was beginning to wonder if she was overwhelmed by all the sudden changes. After all she normally kept to herself and being surrounded by others... Well it didn't help one bit. 

"I think I'm going mental!" She said as she looked at her reflection in the lake. "Am I seriously the only person here that isn't so bloody positive!? I swear I feel like hexing the next person that tells me to have a good day." Normally she would just self pity herself but today was different. She truly felt like hexing anyone near her. She has received a howler from her Uncle. Normally they came from Aunt Farrah, but she new that her school break back home would not be pleasant. Frankly she needed to cool down about the incident before she hexed someone into next year. Anger was one thing Aravis could never control. She had hoped to meet someone that knew how she felt but so far all she got were skipping singing Happy people.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."
3 Apr 2018, 06:24
Charo walked out of the castle and towards the Great Lake. She had never been there before, but her mother had said it was worth it. Charo shivered slightly as the cold air hit her. She didn't like the cold, she wasn't too used to it either. Charo had been raised in a warm country and only recently moved to England where it rains most of the time, is always cold and grey whatever the month (with a few exceptions) doesn't usually snow (Charo's favorite type of cold weather) and when it does snow it snows in the middle of March. She wasn't used to any of that. Still, she did what she could to keep herself as warm as she could.

Soon she reached the Great Lake and stopped, standing next to the shimmering mass of water before her. I mean, I guess she was right, it's... pretty. That was it though, it was pretty, she couldn't see any use for the Great Lake other than that, other than what it looked like. This bothered Charo. Surely the lake would have some sort of purpose other than just being there and looking nice. I'm sure it does, you just don't know about it. Charo wasn't even sure why it bugged her, but it did, and she was going along with it.

Charo looked around at the sound of someone shouting and spotted a black-haired girl to her left. She approached her cautiously, listening at what the girl was saying. "I guess I won't be telling you to have a nice day," Charo said, loud enough for the other girl to hear, "I was never going to," she explained, just in case the girl was driven away by what she had said. "I'm Charo?" she said, hoping that the other girl wouldn't just walk away and would stay to talk or something, but it didn't seem too likely.

Charo García

Stamina: 5 | Agility: 5 | Strength: 4 | Control: 6 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6
3 Apr 2018, 16:15
"I guess I won't be telling you to have a nice day. I was never going to." A voice spoke near Aravis. As Aravis turned she saw a girl who had introduced herself as Charo. Perhaps this girl was similar to her. Although its certainly unlikely Aravis thought she had a chance. "I'm Aravis. Aravis Escanora." Most people left her alone after they heard she was from the Escanora family. It was a well known family after all. Yet for some reason Aravis felt like she didn't want to run someone off with her name.

"Are you one of those positive happy-go-lucky people?" Aravis asked hastily. Frankly she was certainly not in the mood for happiness and butterflies. 'Maybe a bit of company would help me out of this mood I'm stuck in. Or at least calm me down some.' 

Aravis was normally quick to judge people but today she felt like perhaps she just needed someone to understand her. She did hope she wouldn't run everyone she met off that wasn't 100% happy. "Pardon me if I seem a bit agitated. I've just met so many people, but none of them are like me. Well, my house is similar but I haven't really talked with many of them."

"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."
3 Apr 2018, 17:01
Charo wasn't sure if what she said sounded a bit harsh or hostile. It probably had, but she had said it so there was no point thinking about it any more. "I'm Aravis. Aravis Escanora." Charo liked the name Aravis. It was unusual. Charo thought it was, she didn't know where Aravis was from, so the name might have been very popular there. 'I doubt it, though' Charo didn't say any of that out loud, however quickly she judged people she didn't like to let them know her opinions. Escanora. She had heard the name before. Charo wasn't sure where she knew the name from, but she wasn't particularly curious about it, she had probably heard it in one of the conversations her mother and grandmother had about the Wizarding World.

"Are you one of those positive happy-go-lucky people?" That was an interesting question that Charo didn't really know the answer to. She could assume that she wasn't, but she also couldn't really see herself to be like that either. "Umm, I don't think so, but I haven't met myself as someone else, so I don't think I can judge that fairly," Charo explained, trying to make sure that what she said made some sense. She was going to ask if Aravis was one of those positive happy-go-lucky people, but the girl spoke before Charo managed to get a single word of her question out.

"Oh, it's fine." Charo paused for a moment, standing in silence. "García," she said suddenly. "That's my surname, in case you were wondering," Charo explained.

Charo García

Stamina: 5 | Agility: 5 | Strength: 4 | Control: 6 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 6
3 Apr 2018, 17:14
Aravis listened carefully to the girl. She didn't seem like someone to sugar coat everything in existence so that was a plus. Charo had said that her surname was García. Aravis hadn't heard of that name before. Then again she mainly only knew rich wizard families from her Father's work. "I wasn't wondering but it was nice to know. Where are you from might I ask?" Aravis had been instructed to make friends with pure-bloods but most of them she found rather annoying. She decided to judge someone, for once, without knowing their blood. After all she could chose who she wanted to be around by herself. She didn't need Uncle Arthur and Aunt Farrah to decide for her. 

Aravis thought to herself for a moment. Maybe the girl knew her Aunt and Uncle's names. She was going to ask but then decided against it. After all her Aunt and Uncle were both cruel so that would most certainly run the girl off. People didn't normally want to be near her when Aravis would say she was part of the Haven-Escanora line. She saw it a bit unfair people were afraid of her but not her brother Lucien. Then again Lucien had learned to control his anger unlike Aravis who lashed out at anyone and anything.

3 Apr 2018, 17:26
Charo wasn't surprised when Aravis showed no sign of knowing the name. There weren't many from her family that had gone to Hogwarts, only her grandmother, her mother and herself, everyone else had gone to different schools. "I didn't really think you would be curious about that, but you told me your surname so I... I don't know, I just kind of figured I'd tell you mine? It doesn't really make any sense, does it?" She asked rhetorically, not exactly wanting an answer, but she wouldn't ignore it if Aravis gave her one.

Aravis had asked where Charo was from. Charo had expected the question to come up more often when she met other people in the school because of her name, but surprisingly, it had only come up now. "I'm from Mexico, the name is Spanish, both names are. My dad isn't, but we have no idea where he he went or if he'd ever be back so I was given my mom's surname. By 'we' I just mean my family, there's a lot of it, but they're mostly back in Mexico," Charo stopped, wondering if she had bored Aravis with talking about her family and all that stuff, after all, they had only just met. "Sorry about that, I talk too much," Charo said. "What about you? Where are you from?" She asked.

Charo García

3 Apr 2018, 17:47
Mexico. Aravis had heard of that country before. She had always wanted to travel there. The girl had apologized for talking too much but Aravis didn't mind. For once she was happy to have someone to talk to. "It's quite fine. I don't mind at all. Frankly, it's nice to talk to someone at the moment. I'm from London. Born and raised in the Escanora-Haven mansion. Not that you'd know it, you probably wouldn't want to." She paused her speech for a moment. Perhaps now she was rambling too much.

She knew she shouldn't have spoken ill of the Escanora-Haven family. If it got back to Aunt Farrah... well let's not think of that disaster. "Do you have any siblings? I have an older brother called Lucien and a younger one named Maven. Lucien is only a day older than me so we're basically twins. Maven is two years younger than me. We have different mums." Aravis stopped herself from talking anymore. She loved her brothers dearly but she didn't want to bore Charo with facts about her strict family. Most of the time people would walk away when she started babbling about her family. She did have a bad habit of chatting about stupid things her brothers did.

3 Apr 2018, 18:15
"I think I may have heard the name 'Escanora' somewhere before, but it was probably just in the conversations of some adults at some family gathering or something like that. I hear a lot of names of other magical families there. My family is very big, and lots of family members live in different countries and they marry or meet people from other magical families who know of or are somehow related to others and so on. You know how it goes, my grandmother has a brother who got married to someone whose auntie had a friend whose best friend was someone whose second cousin twice removed was the half-sister of some famous Quidditch player or something. That's just an example by the way, it's not actually true, I mean, I don't think it is. Lots of gossip at those things, me and my grandmother love it, my mom isn't keen on talking about other people behind their backs. She likes to follow rules and do good and kind things. Sorry, I'm going on about my family, probably not the most interesting thing to hear," Charo said with a small, apologetic smile.

She was curious to know about Aravis's family. Charo had just gone on about her own, she wanted to hear about who Aravis had in her family, anybody who was well-known or worked somewhere important, that kind of thing. Or just anything really, she wanted to get to know her new potential friend. As if Aravis had heard Charo's thoughts she (Aravis) started talking about her siblings. She even asked Charo about her family and if she had any brothers or sisters. "I don't have any siblings. I might, but I doubt it. Since my dad just sorta disappeared he could have had children, then I'd have a half-sister or a half-brother, maybe both, or maybe more than one of either. I dunno. It's probably unlikely, he didn't seem to want anything to do with me." Again, she was talking about herself and paying too little attention to what Aravis had said. "So, you, Maven and Lucien have different moms and Maven and Lucien share the same mom and you were born a day apart from Lucien? Did I get anywhere close to being right?" Charo asked, unsure about what exactly was correct from anything she had just said. It left her slightly confused, but she was sure Aravis would clear it up for her.

Charo García

3 Apr 2018, 18:26
"Oh no no, don't apologize for talking of your family. I find it interesting actually. Gossip is like the only thing I ever knew growing up in all honesty.  I'm sorry about your father. It's sad someone would leave their own child. My mother died when I was born. Lucien and I actually share the same mother. I guess that would count us as twins but I'm not sure. Maven has a different mom. She also died when we were young." Aravis gave a happy yet sad smile. 

She wasn't fond of talking about her mother. She ached so much to be like her, she had heard her mother did great things and was kind. Although it seemed like she could only be like her Aunt Farrah. Her Aunt had assumed the role of a mother when Aravis was born. In all honesty despite Farrah and Aravis's mother, Elvira, being siblings it was almost like Aunt Farrah was happy that her mother had died. It confused Aravis,  she often got lost thinking about the issue. "I wish I had a big family like you. I only have my Aunt, Uncle, brothers, and my Father. My Father is the only one who seems to actually care for me as a kid. When I was young my Aunt and Uncle didn't exactly care for me. The raised me, but not how I believe one should be raised. I guess that's why I have anger issues towards them. They sent me a howler and it was dreadful. I always get blamed for something my brothers do."

3 Apr 2018, 18:44
Charo was glad that Aravis found what she said interesting. It was nice to know that she liked to hear about that, Charo liked to hear about Aravis's family, so it was interesting for both of them. She liked knowing that Aravis was fond of gossip, it would make for good conversations in the future. "It must be hard for you. I mean, I know that my dad walked out on me and I want nothing to do with it and you don't even have the choice to try and find your mom," Charo sighed quietly. She didn't like the topic, but in some way it was good to know that someone knew what it was like to have a parent who was gone and they could talk about it, even if it wasn't completely the same. "Sorry, I'm probably not helping." Charo paused, realizing something, "I'm apologizing a lot," she pointed out, not sure about why she had done so.

Charo nodded, "Yeah, I can understand why you'd want a bigger family, it doesn't seem like you liked living with your Aunt and Uncle very much, even if you Father was around." Another moment of silence followed her comment before she spoke again, "You know, you shouldn't have to be blamed for something your brothers did. You should stand up to your Aunt and Uncle!" Charo blurted it out, struggling to keep some of her opinions to herself. She wanted to keep this one away from Aravis because she knew that sometimes it was hard to stand up for yourself, mostly because of the consequences, but also because of a lack of courage, although she hadn't thought of Aravis as someone who wasn't brave enough to do that. "I get it though, sometimes it's hard to stand up to people," Charo said, hoping she hadn't messed up somehow.

"But trust me, a bigger family is not always the way to go," Charo changed the subject quickly. "With a bigger family comes a bunch of nice and awesome people, but the jerks also start piling up. For example, one of my aunties, she married a wizard. Her... I guess I'd call it a corner of the family, they're pure-bloods and they believe that they're better than everyone that has Muggle blood in them, which sucks because that means that they aren't very fond of me, but they aren't great people, so I'm kinda alright with that."

Charo García