Register
Sign in
24 Dec 2018, 20:53
Like You Never Did  Finished 
It was almost nighttime, and everything was quiet in the hallway she was in. She approached the rehearsal room, and slowly opened the door. No one was in the room right now. Sylvie smiled to herself, slowly walking inside and shutting the door behind her. There were instruments everywhere, and Sylvie made her way to a guitar sitting alone in the corner, and she felt a sort of connection with that guitar, probably because at that moment she was feeling a little lonely herself. 

The magic of well.... magic had started to wear off and homesickness had replaced it. She missed her family and used writing and reading as a coping mechanism. It took Sylvie to worlds besides her own, worlds where she could be a happy school girl that had many friends and had a crush on a boy who liked her, and everything was happy, meanwhile in real life at Hogwarts she had one or two friends and barely talked to anyone. The first week or so she'd been doing fine but more and more she had been separating herself from others. 

She pulled out her diary, flipping to the page where she had written the first verses of a song, which was about Sylvie and her mother. She proped it up on a stand, holding the guitar in her hands, quickly tuning it before sighing and focusing on the lyrics. "I'll just work on the chorus for now..." She said closing her eyes and strumming the guitar, starting to sing.

"Sky's falling  x4
I am calling out x5
*pause* x3
Into the crowd... x4

Searching for x4
Someone to heal all the hurt... x5

*pause* x3
Searching for someone to love me… x4
*pause* x5
like you never did" x4

Sylvie continued to play the guitar, and smiled, standing up having fun. She forgot about everything else for a moment and just focused on the sound of the music that filled the room. Even though this was only her third song, and it was not the best, it still had the ability to take her to another world, just like stories she read and/or wrote.
Last edited by Sylvie Maple on 29 Jan 2019, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

"I'll keep all my emotions right here, and then one day I'll die." -John Mulaney
24 Dec 2018, 22:56
Lucien had been behind a section of the curtains on a mini stage like platform in the rehearsal room. Why was he behind the curtains? Well, 50% hiding from his sister, and the other 50% was to hide from people in general. His cello was right beside him in a black case. He had thought about playing it, but if someone was to enter... yeah, he would rather not have people hear him play his cello. He had been scribbling down names of people he needed to write to when he heard someone begin to sing.

It took a moment for him to realize the person was inside rather than outside the door. Lucien had never heard anyone come in. He had 3 choices in this situation. 1) Attempt to make conversation to prevent awkwardness. 2) Make a bee line out the door. Or 3) Stay curled up in a corner behind the curtain hoping she never noticed he was there.

Neither of those 3 options he had thought of sounded good to him. He peeked around the curtain, his blue and green eyes peering at the blonde. He calculated the things he could about who she was. Slytherin, not a popular wizarding family-he would have known her if she was, around first year, but that was all he could conclude about the girl.

Option 1 seemed like the best out of the 3, so he stood up and came out from behind the curtain. "You sing and play rather nice. My apologies if I frightened you, I didn't hear you come in." He stated calmly. He seemed like he was rather chill and collected on the outside, but internally he was wishing he had stayed put behind the curtain. Honestly, what was he thinking?! Appearing from behind a curtain in the dark was totally not weird or awkward in any way.

'Way to go Lucien, you've made yourself look like the biggest idiot to walk earth you socially awkward idiot,' he said inside his head mentally sighing. "I'm sorry, I didn't exactly think this through. I should have stayed behind the curtain instead of bothering you." He states while mentally wishing his sister would bust through and save him by dragging him off somewhere to scold him over a small prank he had done rather than stay in the rehearsal room tripping over his own words.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.
24 Dec 2018, 23:45
Sylvie watched as the boy walked out apologized to her. Sylvie's eyes widened and her face turned bright red. She thought she was alone! Her heart seemed to stop as she dropped the guitar, but it didn't hit the ground thanks to the strap that was around her body, so the guitar just swayed back and forth in front of her.  

Did he hear the whole chorus? Did he think it was a random song and not one she wrote? Hopefully, he did, but who could tell, right? How much was he judging her? Would he tell anyone? 

Sylvie was still frozen in embarrassment and terror, but took a deep breath, thinking, "I need to act cool and natural like I didn't just do the most embarrassing thing ever..." she thought to herself, standing up straiter, trying to look confident, and failing due to the fact she was shaking from head to toe. Seeing that being confident definitely wasn't working out for her she looked away from the boy, giving up on eye contact and said, "Y-yeah right... I s-suck at singing... and it's... it's fine"

Sylvie didn't know what to say, her heart had started beating again, but now it was beating faster and faster every second. She tried to look at him, then quickly looked away. "Think Sylvie think...." Her mouth trembled. She quietly said, "S-so you like music? Do y-you play an instrument?" 

"I'll keep all my emotions right here, and then one day I'll die." -John Mulaney
25 Dec 2018, 22:32
Lucien gave a simple smile. "I thought it was rather nice." He stated not moving, as still as a statue aside from his head. 'Should have stayed in your corner, should have stayed in your corner behind the curtains...' Kept running through his head. He had forgotten how awkward he was in social situations when it came to what he thought inside his head.

He ignored commenting on how she was trembling, no use in making anything more awkward than it already was. "I am very fond of music, most high-borns are, pure-blood I mean...sorry. He stated apologizing yet again. High-born, using that word to describe himself proved he had watched to much of that muggle show he was so fond of. "I sound rather arrogant sorry once again. I talk to instruments more than I do people." He laughed slightly picking up the cello case right behind the curtain beside him. "I play the cello. My sister writes songs, and I do my best to provide music for them." He said a bit too excited about an instrument.

"Don't mind my rambling. I'm not used to..." He said pausing looking for a word to make it less awkward. "...Humans." He finished after his pause mentally slapping himself. This was his favorite game to play, he had called it 'see how awkward you can make a situation before fleeing the scene.' Of course that was just his own sarcasm practically slapping him in the face. Out of all the skills his father had taught him, social etiquette was not one of them.

~
26 Dec 2018, 20:49
"Yeah right," Sylvie said in response to his compliment, then giggling at his last comment, partly because she found it funny, partly because it sounded like her. "Yeah, I can relate to that, probably more with writing and animals than with instruments though. After all, I only play the guitar and even on that I know only a few notes that I learned from music class at my old school." Sylvie held the guitar in her hands again, smiling at it, then looking at the boy. 

"People are hard to talk to, well, for me anyways... You never know what others are thinking about you, and it could be something horrible, while other things, like animals, for example, they can’t really think anything truly bad about you. The worst thing they can think is that you're trying to hurt them and/or their youn- oh now I'm the one rambling..." she chuckled sweetly, trying to come off as a kind person, which she thought was true, but others usually thought otherwise.

"This boy seems nice,  and a little like me, maybe we could be friends? Well, it depends... maybe they aren't what they seem right now, but then again I'm kinda desperate, aren't I? It's kinda sad now that I think about it....." Sylvie thought, smiling to herself, trying to find humor in her inability to make friends easily. 

30 Dec 2018, 16:21
Lucien laughs a slight bit at the rambling. "It's quite fine, I don't mind. We have... a ton of pets. I mean literally the manor is covered in them. My sister alone has 7. My older brother has 3, while the younger brother has 5. And then I have 1. So all together that would be 16 pets not counting my father, aunt, and my cousin's pets since we all live together. My sister would be able to relate to talking to pets. She used to spend all day talking to her snake, and would only come out for dinner." He chirped not really paying attention to how talkative he had been lately.

He smiled before slowly realizing, he had never introduced himself. "Oh I nearly forgot to introduce myself, I'm Lucien Avery Escanora. Feel free to call me Lu or just Avery. Most people say my name completely wrong, so I mostly go by those names. I'd offer my hand to shake but, I'm a really big germaphobe which makes people think I'm rude." Lucien stated moving hair out of his face.

He made a mental note to himself to get it cut soon. His hair had always been in his face, at first he didn't mind, but now it was just annoying. "So... do you have any pets, or siblings?" He asked fiddling with his left hand out of habit.

~
31 Dec 2018, 04:44
"I'm Sylvie Maple. You can call me whatever you like unless it's something really stupid. By the way, your house sounds awesome, why can't I live there?" Sylvie giggled again, feeling more at ease now. "I never adopted any pets... well, the way most people do. I put out food bowls in my backyard, hopping animals would come, and they did. Some had collars and owners, but dozens of stray animals would also come in the backyard and I would let them in, but of course, I would take them to the vet first to get them tested and stuff. Lots of them died quickly though... I cried every time." Sylvie said, remembering all the pets she had lost throughout the years. She realized she did it again, and internally facepalmed.

"I have a sister, she is 9 years old. Her name's Crystal." Sylvie smiled to herself. She missed her, but Sylvie survived, cried when she was alone, but survived. "You seem to have a big family, I can only imagine how crazy your household must be over the summer. Do you and your sibling's get along?" She asked. She casually walked over to the corner and set the guitar down before turning away from it. Then she sat down on a stool near the boy, straightened her posture, and looked Lucien, doing a closed mouth grin. 

14 Jan 2019, 14:46
Family, it had always been a tricky subject. "Well...my sister, Aravis is... very hard to get along with I do my best though. She has multiple conditions that just make her torture to live with but, shes nice to me most of the time, we get in a lot of fights which is rough. My brother, Maven, is a handful and probably going to end up like my sister due to my Aunt's influence. Cal, my half brother is the only sane one, he rarely sees us since we started attending and he graduated. Siblings are a tricky subject, I can't tell if we get along or not really. I stay by myself as do my other siblings. It's rare we interact during the summer. As long as we aren't all together I think everyone is fine with the others." He smiles slightly.

He had never really been fond of his family. He slouched a bit to bit his head in his hands. It was a habit his Aunt had never approved of, since apparently slouching was a vile crime in her eyes. "I wish I knew what it was like to get along with siblings. Do you get along with yours?" He asked tilting his head to the side ever so slightly.
I am so sorry it took me this long, holidays, travel, and such things took most of my time.

~
15 Jan 2019, 04:09
"I wonder what conditions she has... better not ask though." She thought, listening to Lucien as he spoke of his family, which was much bigger than hers. She also wondered about his aunt, because he'd mentioned about her influence on his brother. "What is your aunt like?" She asked out of curiosity. From what he had said, it sounded like his aunt made his siblings become more difficult. All in all his siblings sounded... interesting.  "Well, at least you don't have to deal with them that much time!" Sylvie said with a sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, I guess we get along, well, as much as siblings can," Sylvie joked, giggling, "But yeah, we get along. We're pretty close compared to other siblings," She said, and there was a good reason for that. "We spent most of our childhood together, and we would always take care of each other when we were injured or sick since my dad was never really around. We also always had the same friends. I love her so much." She said, wondering what it would be like to not get along with her siblings. She had always gotten along with Crystal, so she never really thought about it much. Sylvie suddenly felt slightly guilty. She'd never realized how great it was to have a sister like the one she had. She clasped her hands together and looked at them for a bit, thinking. Then she looked back at Lucien. "Why don't you talk with your siblings Lu? Is there a specific reason, or is it you guys are just introverts or something." She said, trying not to sound rude. 

15 Jan 2019, 14:26
"Well. My Aunt is good to me, but mentally abusive to the others. She gives me tons of gifts and new books and stuff I like but, I don't really need gifts to be happy. It's kind of overwhelming at times. She's only nice to me because I'm the family heir. She's really mean to my sister and brother. My sister gets it the worst though. I wish I could see my brothers more, but my sister is my twin so I'm kind of stuck with her almost every waking hour. We ended up getting the same house, which wasn't a problem except for the fact I wanted to be in Ravenclaw." He laughed slightly. "Even though we don't always get along it's rare we leave each others side. Mostly because she scares me. She tries to be nice...but she just, well, can't honestly. I know it's not her fault completely why she's like that."

Lucien listened as Sylvie talked about her own sister. She sounded awesome, a mostly nice sister was impossible for Lucien to understand. He wondered how different Aravis would be if she didn't have to deal with their Aunt Farrah. "I wish my sister was like that. It sounds lovely." He smiled.

"My siblings and I don't really talk because, well I'm not very social. Maven, m y youngest brother, is really hyper but also chaotic in all honesty, he tends to follow my sister around. My half-brother, is usually busy working but teaches us how to ice skate, Ara tends to try to stay to herself at most times but the others usually sit silently beside her. I'm just the odd one out." He smiles. He didn't mind being the odd one out. It meant he got to read more which he loved doing along with his studies.

~