Register
Sign in
29 Apr 2021, 13:44
Nice to see you again  PV Simon Kincaid   Fin 

@Simon Kincaid
She almost forgot that she had talked to a snake, which was a very cool experience, and now she had to think about what the snake had said in the first place. How could she forget something like that? Think Haley..she admonished herself internally. She started to laugh, "No, we didn't talk about that but I should remember that for next time." But she couldn't think of the answer so she fell silent for a moment and her eyebrows drew together as she thought sharply. Damn Haley, what had the snake said, she got angry at herself but at the same moment the memory came back to her and she opened her eyes wide.

"As a matter of fact, she didn't talk much." It came back to her and there was not much to tell about it. "I said to the snake that I was sorry Aiden had put her in the little box to transport her. And I ended up releasing it. That was also the reason why Aiden and I had argued. He still thinks to this day that it wasn't intentional." She couldn't help but smirk, but for a good deed, you just had to lie a little sometimes. "Well, she had said thank you. I think. AH! And she told me to go too." Haley started laughing again, "Of course, that hadn't made any sense at all. Why should I go? Maybe she thought I was a prisoner too. I mean, can snakes even think like us humans?" Haley didn't know, and even though she found it very strange at first, she had stopped to think about it.

"Well, when I got home there was a surprise waiting for me that I never expected. Ian and my cousins were there and of course my aunt and uncle. Together they all apologized to me, including my mother. We talked it out and they all got behind me and they were really sorry. At first I was really annoyed because I didn't feel like I was ready to talk to them at length about it yet but now I'm glad." Haley smiled with satisfaction. Family was important to her and it was an incredible feeling when they had all spoken up and assured Haley several times that they didn't think negatively of her just because she was a Parselmouth.

"But the most important thing," Haley continued to speak, looking Simon in the eye as she turned to him, "I really missed you a lot."

The only one who fear death are those with regrets
8 May 2021, 15:28
Those we missed like @Haley Rose

Although he knew by now that Haley could talk to snakes being able to speak Parselmouth and all, it didn't make it any less fascinating to hear about her conversation with an actual snake! I mean, no matter how brief or how slightly odd - she spoke with a snake! He didn't know a single other being that had ever been able to do such a thing and he found it absolutely amazing!

He put a small bit of thought into that, because it was odd. - The snake telling her to go. His first thought was that maybe there was something bigger with Aiden, that maybe he wasn't someone that another needed to be around - snake or human. The snake would know, after all, since she had spent so much time with the boy. Perhaps.

Maybe it was because the snake knew more. More of what? Well, that was something Simon couldn't quite figure out. It wasn't as if the snake could predict the falling of the English Stock Market and that someone would fall into financial despair. The snake couldn't predict the weather to know that some big storm was coming. So no, that didn't seem to really make sense.

His quick conclusion that seemed to make the most sense was exactly as Haley had said - that the snake probably thought she was a prisoner too. It had known most of it's life thus far in a small little box and probably thought that Haley was in the same predicament.

"Hmm...so you see grandparents that you haven't seen in like forever.... You get to go to this big fancy house. You get to meet all these new people and talk to an actual snake - yet the most important thing is missing me? Sounds a little like you might just be trying to butter me up, Miss Haley Rose,"
he smiled to her and his eyes found her green ones. "It's working."

"I missed you too." It was crazy how it was now already Spring and they had Spring Break behind them. Soon it would be the Blossom Ball and end of term exams and off to home for the Summer. How odd it would be not to see her and his friends every day.

I am stronger than you think.
8 May 2021, 15:52

@Simon Kincaid
Haley was sure that she must have sounded silly talking about her holidays, about all the new things and she was excited about them like a little child, but that was how she was. But it was the truth, she had often thought of Simon and missed him. Here at Hogwarts, she shared just about everything with him and she would have loved to do the same during the holidays. Show him her new home, even if it wasn't ready yet. To take him to this lonely place to her grandfather and introduce him to her family. But she also knew they would be able to make up for that someday, at least if Simon wanted them to.

Haley laughed at his comment, "It's just the truth. I'm not complaining, but it would have been nice to share all this with you." After all, he was her secret keeper and knew so much about Haley, stood by her good times and hard times and she knew she could always go to him. So could he.

She returned his gaze and noticed her cheeks getting slightly warmer and couldn't help but giggle. "I hope we can make up for it in the summer. The invitation to the housewarming party is still on the table, of course, and if you feel like it you could stay with us a few days longer." Haley suggested, not sure if his aunt would allow it.

8 May 2021, 17:08
Hinting at Summer Plans with @Haley Rose

"I do want to meet your family sometime,"
he admitted to her. After all, he had that ring from her family and he was glad she had given it to him. He would keep it until she said she needed it back and until then - wear it every day. "And yea, of course I need to see that house of yours. It looks absolutely fantastic in the photographs." Even better was now she was back on being on decent terms with her mother.

He'd like her to come see his place too. "You'll have to come to South Kensington too and see my place. Granted, there's nothing really fancy about it but my aunt does have a knack for decorating and so it's nice. Very nice." And she'd get to see his room which again wasn't very exciting but it was navy and gold and had his music stuff there. It was very Simon.

"Plus Aunt Maggie couldn't say enough times how she wants to meet you. It's not like her not to be able to meddle in my affairs," he grinned, "so having a girlfriend that she hasn't been able to meet is pure torture for her. I sent her off the pictures that we took at the Valentine's Day dinner with your camera but made her promise to send them right back. She did and they're on my bedstand now." Was that creepy? He hoped not.

"And I promised her she'd get to help me order my attire for the Spring Dance, just like she did for the prior dance. That made her feel a little bit better...like she's still involved and all."

8 May 2021, 17:51

@Simon Kincaid
Simon's answer made Haley happy, of course she didn't expect it any other way, but hearing it from him was nice in a way. She already knew that her grandmother was going to harness the still unknown boyfriend. From the day Haley told her who she had given the ring to, she regularly bugged Haley and asked her about him. Of course, her parents were already looking forward to meeting Simon and Haley's friends in general, though her father was a little more sceptical when she told them she had a boyfriend. Ian too took the typical big brother role aka you don't know what makes boys tick and I only want the best for you. But she was sure her family would love Simon.

"I'd love to see your place and meet your aunt." She spoke full of enthusiasm, she was sure she was a loving woman and she was pleased that despite the fact that she was a muggle and it was all very special when you weren't from this world, she was still there for Simon and loved him for who he was. "I'd love to see her bakery sometime." Haley enthused at the thought of all the delicious pastries.

He had the picture on his bedstand, as Haley heard this the warmth rose in her cheeks again. She found the gesture incredibly sweet and her heart skipped a beat at the thought. "That's so sweet of you to let of her be a part, and of her to take such an interest in your life." The Spring dance, she had noticed all the flyers and really hoped that the two of them would go to this ball together too. She loved these festive events where you got dressed up, danced with friends, talked, laughed and just had a bit of a change from the school day.

"Yeah, the dance. I thought we could go together if you want?" she asked cautiously. But since he had already mentioned that his aunt would help him choose, it was probably unnecessary to ask if he would like to go.

8 May 2021, 18:20
Why did he mention anything about the dance? He knew the question would come up eventually, but he was hoping not this soon. "Oh, uhh...the dance. The spring dance...." he drew it out.

Maybes with @Haley Rose

"I dunno...maybe. Let's put that thought on hold for the moment. I mean, It'll be towards the end of term and we'll have all the last minute assignments due, final exams...." Now it sounded like he wasn't wanting to go and he hoped that Haley wasn't going to be disappointed here; especially her talk about Paul and such. That wasn't what was going on here.

No, it was just that any big dance back home the boys thought of a fun way to ask a girl - like a promposal. He hadn't done so with Haley with the other dances they had gone to and always felt bad for not doing so. He wanted to plan something, even if it was small, even if it was hokey.

Simon gave her a small smile, hoping that she'd be okay with that. That he had to "think about it" when in reality he just had to buy himself some time for some planning and some prepping. Haley deserved more than just some last minute something or other, but he also didn't know how to smoothly get himself out of this situation without her feeling sad - and that wasn't what he wanted.

8 May 2021, 18:36

@Simon Kincaid
Haley tried not to look sad, but his answer surprised her. She had to be honest with herself, because she hadn't expected that. But he hadn't said no, just that they would talk about it again later. That was okay, she guessed. But she had clearly hoped for an answer, but of course he was right somewhere. Wasn't he? Couldn't they take an evening off? She tried not to let on and smiled quickly at him, "Yeah sure. Let's think about this later." She answered him and tried to change the subject, she didn't want to talk about that any more for now.

But she couldn't think of anything else either. Was that the real reason? Did he not like balls at all? Or did he just not want to go with her? She tried to put all these questions out of her mind, but it was difficult.

Her gaze fell on the clock and in a way she was glad that it was already so late and that she would get out of this situation. It wasn't that she didn't want to see Simon anymore, but she didn't want him to know that she was a little sad about his answer. "Oh wow, look at the time, time has flown again." She remarked in surprise.

"We should get going if we want to be in time for dinner." She remarked and started packing her things into her bag. "I have to go back to my dorm real quick, maybe I'll see you in the Great Hall later." She said in closing before saying goodbye to Simon. She knew they wouldn't see each other again. She wasn't hungry and would take some more time to process her thoughts and especially remember that Simon's answer wasn't a rejection towards her. At least, that was what she hoped.

9 May 2021, 04:45
Darting out on @Haley Rose

He glanced over to the clock when she mentioned the time and the hour was growing late. Many of the students that had been in the Library with them earlier had already made their exit and no doubt were headed for supper in the Great Hall. "Yeah, right. Look at that," he said softly, thinking that he probably wouldn't be heading down there so Haley wouldn't see him again that evening. He wasn't a big fan of eating in general and often skipped meal times here and there.

Plus this time it wasn't just because of the lack of taste for food but also lack of knowledge of words. He didn't know what to say to Haley right yet so avoidance was probably the best thing. Little did he realize that she was going to be avoiding him that evening as well.

"I'm glad that your Spring Break went so well,"
he smiled to her, standing up and placing his bag over his shoulder before coming closer and giving her a hug. "I'll be seeing you around," he said to her. Simon then took a quick leave, heading out the door of the Library quickly so that he didn't have to linger there in the corridors with her until they parted ways.

He felt foolish, as he wished he just knew how to correct the situation right then and there but again, he wanted this to be special for her and that took some thinking and planning.