Register
Sign in
30 Mar 2021, 12:05
Converse in the bibliotheca  PV   Finished 
Backdated to September 25th, 2020
It had been almost a month since Tory arrived at Hogwarts, and what could she say, she was enjoying it for the time being. The building was old and had crevices in the stone and dust on the windows, and the fireplaces crackled with coziness. Although she believed the whole castle to me truly magnificent, the Gryffindor would have to admit one of her favorite rooms was the library. It had tall windows that let just a bit of light in, enough to pay attention yet still see.

And so, due to the beauty and handy selection of books in the library, Tory found herself here. All alone, as she always was when she came, sitting at an old table in the back, reading about some sort of hex that she probably wouldn’t be able to perform for years. It’s not like she wanted to be alone, but she hasn’t quite met any friends for herself yet. Other than that nice boy named Aldor, of course, but that was on the train ride, and Tory hadn’t seen him since. Probably because the last few weeks has been quite hectic, and because Aldor and Tory were in different houses.

Speaking of which, when Tory was sorted into Gryffindor, it had come to both her shock and dismay. Was she surprised? Yes. Was she upset? Erm-sorta. Either way, Aldor had been sorted into Hufflepuff, also much to Tory’s dismay, and she hadn’t ever gotten the chance to talk to him. From the short conversation she had experienced with him, she had found out that they both greatly love to read, and so maybe, just maybe, the fate of friendship would make him come to the library...or something. Fate was stupid, Tory knew that. She would just have to make a new friend if she could.
@Aldor Humbleglow
Last edited by Tory Williamson on 26 May 2021, 16:00, edited 5 times in total.

“We didn’t know were making memories, we just thought we were having fun.”

~Winnie The Pooh
30 Mar 2021, 17:59
Not very far away, Aldor was sitting by a shelf, gently closing a book he just finished reading. He felt very accomplished, here in Hogwarts he didn't need to wait to get new books, so he simply read whatever he found interesting and was within his reach. He knew that eventually he would have to take some time to do something else than reading, but he couldn't help it. After all, reading was one of the most wonderful things in his life.

He stood up, putting back the book were it belonged, and continued to search for something new to read, eventually he reached the books that explained the history of magic and muggles. The book seemed a bit advanced considering Aldor had just started studying in Hogwarts, but this didn't scare Aldor away, in fact, his curiosity was greater, as he took the book and opened it with a soft smile.

The boy didn't chance that much, he looked exactly the same, long messy hair, the shy smile and tired eyes, he really stood out of the crowd, which was something Aldor disliked very much, after all, such a unique and interesting apperance for someone as shy as Aldor wasn't exactly something good.

Aldor turned around, but before he could even sit by the shelf like he did a few halls away, he noticed a girl sitting on her own, she was wearing the robes of a Gryffindor, at first, he didn't mind her that much, until he looked at her face properly and froze in place.

''T-Tory?''

His voice cracked as he whispered this, so what used to be a whisper, ended up being louder than he had planned.

@Tory Williamson

-May Light Guide You On Your Journey-
31 Mar 2021, 00:20
''T-Tory?'' The voice startled her, and Tory's eyes widened as she nearly fell out of her chair and her book flew to the ground. Getting her book back and straightening up, Tory glanced at who this person was, and smiled in relief when it was just Aldor. Fate, fate, fate She thought to herself repeatedly, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Aldor!" She said happily, looking into the Hufflepuff's deep green eyes.

"How've things been for you? Anything new?" The girl asked, patting the seat beside her for Aldor to sit in. "Isn't it crazy how much there is to read here? I feel like even by the end of my Hogwarts years I'll still have barely finished half of it. Maybe that's just my fault though, since I've been reading some of the same books over again..." Realizing her definite rambling, Tory shut her mouth at that.

She knew that for herself, nothing had really changed at all. I mean, it hadn't been ultimately long, but there is one thing that Tory had learned over the years, it was that things can change fast, really fast. One minute your there, the next your not. One minute your smiling, the next your sobbing into somebody's shoulder.

That was unrelevant right now though, and Tory forced her attention back to Aldor. A blast of sun rushed through the high windows, illuminating the thin layer of dust that seemed to always be on this table.
@Aldor Humbleglow

~Winnie The Pooh
31 Mar 2021, 17:25
The boy remained quiet for a few seconds, thinking of an answer to what she just said, it has been a while since they last talked, and he is still pretty confused on what to say or do, so he started with a smile, pretending he knew what he was doing.

''Things are pretty alright, or at least I think so, there's nothing really new-''

Aldor stopped talking for a minute, slowly sitting by her, as he listened to Tory, he was glad that he found her by a mere coincidence, he felt the need to say something else, something about being glad of seeing her, of course, he decided to wait she finished talking about how excited she was about the library, she stopped in a very sudden and not graceful way, probably afraid that she was talking too much.

But Aldor didn't mind, he usually didn't say many things, and preffered to listen to other people talk, that's why he knew that they'd get along just fine, she seemed to have a lot of things to say, and that made Aldor even more curious about what was hiding behind those eyes, but he kept this to himself.

''you know, it is not that uncommon to read books over and over, I recall getting to the point of reading my aunt's old Tv manual because I went through every single book we had on our house, well, mostly all of them, I was never allowed to read my aunt's favorite book, but you get the idea-''

He smiled at her, somehow being able to look into her eyes for a while, this wouldn't be such an amazing acomplishment for someone else, but Aldor felt that if he was able to look into someone's eyes without feeling panic he could even conquer the world.

@Tory Williamson

1 Apr 2021, 13:09
She could tell in his eyes that Aldor simply did not care if she rambled like that, but Tory knew that other people surely would. She wasn’t the most talkative in whole world, but sometimes she just did that, and could end up blurting a lot of stuff she didn’t want to. Just like the time when she was only 6, and she had eaten the brownies her mother had very specifically told her to leave alone, and being herself she didn’t, tried to lied about it when she was confronted, rambled by mistake, revealed herself, and long story short received the punishment of no reading for a week for lying and being disobedient (the worst punishment she had ever gotten and ever will get in her eyes).

Anyways, as you can tell, rambling wasn’t exactly a strong suit of Tory’s. Her thought flood got interrupted by Aldor speaking again. “you know, it is not that uncommon to read books over and over, I recall getting to the point of reading my aunt's old Tv manual because I went through every single book we had on our house, well, mostly all of them, I was never allowed to read my aunt's favorite book, but you get the idea-'' The Gryffindor chuckled slightly at the ginger’s comment. “Yeah, I finished all them too, I had to resort to thinking up stories in my head and then reading them aloud to myself. And er yeah- my mum had what she calls the “restricted section” in her room that I’m not allowed to read, but I don’t really care honestly, because their all probably gross romance novels.” She crumpled her face into a look of disgust for emphasis.
@Aldor Humbleglow

~Winnie The Pooh
1 Apr 2021, 17:08
Aldor would pause for a moment as she mentioned ''gross romance novels'', honestly, that was probably the genre of the book his aunt never allowed him to read. The boy didn't really mind romance or anything like that, of course, he was still very young and didn't have time for something like that, books were his priority, but he couldn't help but be curious about what the fuss was about, he wasn't exactly grossed out by romance, but wasn't really looking forward to having a partner or anything like that.

''Yeah- I guess you're right, romance isn't really my favorite genre of book either, but my ah- favorite writer does release a lot of romantic novels, and honestly, she makes them interesting enough that I am actually looking forward to read a few of them.''

He would bite his lower lip, realizing he might be talking a bit too much about his aunt, he is proud of the fact he is Iphiane Humbleglow's nephew, but sometimes, it's hard to be calm knowing that people know that you're relatives with someone who is quite known, sometimes people are a bit too curious, getting to the point of being nosy, such as the day at Diagon Alley, in which he had to move on his own and get the supplies for Hogwarts, because people would keep following his aunt, asking for her to sign books and other things.

This was the lifestyle Iphiane Humbleglow chose to live, but Aldor wasn't eager to have the same experience.

@Tory Williamson

2 Apr 2021, 13:30
Tory raised an eyebrow in intrigue as Aldor mentioned his favorite author again- he sure did talk about them a lot, he did the last time they had met to, Tory could remember. Should I ask about it-? She debated with herself, no, it may be sensitive or something, she continued, yeah, but I’m curious! And then, without any consent whatsoever, she blurted, “Who’s your favorite author? You talked about them this time and-”Before you can say “omelet”, she had thrown her hands over her mouth.

“I uh- if you don’t wanna talk about it...” She muttered, as that was all she could really manage. Tory didn’t want to make matters worse, if they were indeed already worse now. She well understood if it was personal, if her dead as a doornail father was her favorite author, she wouldn’t want to go around shouting around, “MY FATHER IS MY FAVORITE AUTHOR AND IS DEAD!”

In fact, pondering her fathers death was actually quite common inside Tory’s confusing brain these days. Winter had been a tough time for her, she was always thinking about it, and it had taken a while to clear the thoughts. Right when she was clearing it up, they started coming back. Of course, before Hogwarts the young Gryffindor had never even touched the topic. But once she had seen all the happy fathers running through the barrier at King’s Cross with their children, and all the dads and mums shopping with their kids at Diagon Alley, it started flooding her mind.

She would never even dare ask her mother about it. Because she remembered. Remembered how after he died, she could hear her sobbing at the table every night trying to be quiet so she wouldn’t wake toddler Tory, and how Tory’s Grandma Sunny had to watch her some of the earlier days because her mother wouldn’t and couldn’t leave her room. Now, to bring it up again, it would be pure evil.

The brown-haired girl shook her head to focus herself back on the present. She was getting sidetracked again. Important thoughts, but not for right now. “Um, anyways...” She began, looking at Aldor with a slight trace of a smile.
@Aldor Humbleglow
Last edited by Tory Williamson on 6 Apr 2021, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

~Winnie The Pooh
5 Apr 2021, 17:04
Aldor paused for a second, quietly thinking about his aunt, was it really the time to mention the fact that he was the nephew of a well known writer? He had a bit of doubt about this, but in the end, Tory would have to find out eventually. Even though he knew this, he wasn't completely convinced about wanting to tell someone who he truly was.

''Oh err- her name is Iphiane Humbleglow-''

The irish boy stuttered, as he hoped that by any chance she wouldn't remember his last name, but this was bassically impossible, the time that has gone by since they last met wasn't that far apart from the present, and Tory didn't seem like a forgetful person, so he just embraced the fact that she would know who Iphiane was, and he simply had to live with this.

''She wrote the book we were reading back in the train and some other things-''

You could see the worry in Aldor's eyes, it wasn't exactly clear why he didn't want people to know who his aunt was, most people would probably brag about being family to someone like Iphiane, but Aldor's worry focused more on the fact that he didn't want people to follow him, or ask him things about how it feels to live with someone like that. Social interaction happened to be extremely overwhelming for Aldor.

@Tory Williamson

6 Apr 2021, 16:47
It's not like Tory knew exactly that the topic of Aldor's favorite author (and family member of some sorts, apparently) was a bit of an awkward or worriesome topic, but he spoke of her often, so she just guessed. Based on the look in his pickled toad eyes right now, though, and the way he had stuttered as he said her name, one could only realize Tory's guess had been correct.

"That's cool." She responded calmly, attempting to release the tension now sitting uncomfortably in the air. "So, what's your favorite class so far?" She asked. By far, hers was potions. Sure, she wasn't a wiz at it. And yeah, she hadn't gotten an "O" on her first homeowork, but eh, she still enjoyed it. How just a teensy mistake could lead to ultimate failure, and how precise the directions to make a potion always were.

Other than potions, for somebody who was a huge history geek, Tory didn't really enjoy the history of magic class. She much more preferred to explore and research the history her heart desired; not what the professor was explaining that day. Especially muggle history. Similiarly to the wizarding world, they had their wars and disagreements as well, all though instead of a bad side and good side, it was more like a country arguing with another country about borders or whatever.

Turning her head back towards Aldor, Tory propped her elbow onto the table and rested her head in her hand, listening for her Hufflepuff friend's reply.
@Aldor Humbleglow
Last edited by Tory Williamson on 6 Apr 2021, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

~Winnie The Pooh
6 Apr 2021, 18:57
''My favorite? Well, uh-''

He got lost in his mind for a few seconds again, he didn't really preffer any class, but saying all of them were fun would be very boring, and probably would break the flow of the conversation, so he decided to improvise.

''Anything related to history is interesting but- I find herbology and anything related to other magical beings really interesting, I'm not that picky about the classes.''

He looked back at Tory, trying to make eye contact every once in a while. He was unsure on how to procced, so he went for the most logical way to keep the conversation going, asking questions, of course, this was logical to Aldor simply because he had no clue on what to say at this point, as Tory probably realized, he wasn't good at talking, at all.

''What about you though? Do you have any favorites?''

He wasn't bad at the classes, even though he did have the bad habit of getting distracted easily, the proffesor could be talking and he simply started reading anything his eyes found, even though, this wasn't on purpose.

He slowly tilted his head to a side, playing with his hair, as he looked at her for a few seconds, wondering what she was thinking. He wasn't exactly worried about anything this time, he was simply curious, out of nowhere, he realised he already did this before, he was probably making Tory feel really uncomfortable, once again, he got distracted from what he was originally doing.

@Tory Williamson