13 Mar 2021, 19:36
When History Lets You Down  pv   fin 
@Levi Drakos
October 10th, 2020.
#b76e79
──────
sta 6 | eva 7 | str 0 | wis 7 | arc 4 | acc 6
seer
Everly was a weird person. She wanted to be friendly and open, but she also had a little irking of which made her distrustful of everyone too. Everly wasn't sure how cross she was coming off. Did Levi want to know something, or was it just her lack of explanation? Why didn't people just upfront tell what they were thinking?

Humans were weird, too.

Everly could feel the pressure once again, the atmosphere around her closing in as if she were drowning. No, maybe not that extreme, but rather like a racoon caught digging around, if that were to make sense. Eyes caught on the pale light emitted through the windows, the dancing maidens of sunbeams into the room take that piper, Everly was once again distracted.

Light was very interesting.

"Hmm," she said, with a little shrug, a smirk on her face. While she still couldn't determine if his tone meant anything, and if so, what it did, but she could still have fun with it. "Perhaps I'll hold you to that. You know, I would need someone to bail me out of Azkaban, if, oh, that ever happened..." she mused, teasingly tapping her chin, as if she were actually considering it. He then proceeded to return to question to her.

Levi made a grave, grave mistake asking where Everly was from.

"Ohhhhh," Everly said, clapping her hands with an evil little grin. "You know, that's a very good question. I'm actually from a lot of places, if you're to say that. If you're talking about where I was born, that's Scotland, but if you're talking about all the places I've lived, then I've got a LOT to say! After Scotland, I can't remember much, but we did move to Godric's Hollow! We lived there for two years, but even after that, I was only four and five, so I don't really know much... but it was pretty cool, at least I think. It must've been, right? I mean, Godric's Hollow is an awesome place, from what I've heard. Not that it's better than the other places I've lived. Anyways, I currently live in Canterbury, England. Nice place and everything, too, but I haven't really got much to say about it, even though I've lived there for like, um... four years, I think?"

Everly stopped to take a breath after spilling a novel of information about herself, having not really caught what Levi's reply was. She scrunched up her face in consideration, still trying to figure out what his tone meant. Was he implying something, or genuinely not interested? Otherwise, Everly had just wasted a good minute of breathing and doing nothing.

Dang it.

This was like a jigsaw puzzle, and Everly was no good at those type of puzzles.
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
so sorry for the late reply, thanks for understanding <3

freedom lies in being bold.
#b76e79
28 Mar 2021, 10:03
@Everly Charlton
However the two could deny it, the nearest onlooker may only see the humble innocence the two children radiated, chatting back and forth with stubborn smiles and long pauses of gentle hesitance. She’d been a pitfall, that was long since decided by Levi’s knotted mouth, but there was something within the meltdown, something bracing. As a rollercoaster perhaps, crashing up and down and winding around sickening turns, practically signing a waiver with a knowing, blissful smile. In the moment, the boy carried no heavy doubt that he would prevail, ending up screaming back at the ride’s peak, and there was a hunger for the next drop. His eyes followed hers eagerly amid their panicked staggering, and regardless of the bouncing leg and ghostly knuckles, the Library was lovely.

And lovely it was. Outweighing the clumsy collisions of a duo of ambitious, youthful minds, Levi watched as her irises caught on the fragmented light, having severed through the polished windows, and adorned their faces and dim tables like writing to destiny. There wasn’t the slightest hostility in the lion’s notice of Everly’s distraction; it was helpful. She was enraptured by the world perhaps, curious to all the suffering that had gone into making it so pacific, as though that much was not clear by the dust-covered books she’d dragged from home, searching frantically for information she was not so willing to discuss with a kindly stranger.

“Oh my, should I be afraid of you then, Everly?” Levi had delightedly grinned at her jokes, quite clearly pleased as the atmosphere rose with the heat of their tension, a certain harmony settling into its place, a warm welcome from the brunet on its merry way. It was a lyrical moment, and the gun was meters behind sprawled across the floor; maybe the boy had maladroitly kicked it when jumping it with such oozing desperation and relief. Still, one could say time had healed their bullet holes and the flow was now more serene. “I’m no fighter, I think you could take me down easily.” Regardless, it brought the lion’s leg to a restless stop, which said more than any string of illuminated words could dare.

The Gryffindor’s conversation partner fell into a convivial rant like a bed of flowers, but there was no reflection of boredom in his stare, only intense investment in her words. Overeager, plausible, though behind those empty hazel eyes his soul could only beg and pray that it was the lesser of two evils. The girl’s heart may fall to a glazed over, tired gaze with squinting eyes and rhythmic breathing as it was poured onto a platter for the highest bidder of attention. A row of unstable teeth so willing to sink onto the hook may be appreciated post verbal-essay.

To both of their surprise, his guise was not entirely exaggerated and disingenuous. Sure, there were some replicated expressions sewed messily onto Levi’s resting face, yet there was a true raise to his eyebrows, an instinctive movement to lean forward in his chair with a static leg. Everly had seen more than him; knew and understood more, and if it weren’t made apparent by the scarlet she seeped, it was by her energy, and by the stories she could whisper under breaths and over relentless reproving jeers. Even the softly wicked clap to her hands had something about it the boy would never place.

With widened eyes, he’d reply. “You’ve seen a lot, then. At some time, maybe, er—” Dear god. He’d lost it. Where did that damned train of thought go? “—well—” There it is! Masked behind a few loose, dangling nerves. “—we could exchange some stories. Have a better talk in general. Maybe not here, though.” A quiet chuckle and side gaze to any lingering people nearby accentuated his point: though tedium had gotten the better of his inner child, disapproving glances weren’t the best spice to talks with a potential comrade.

Metamorph | Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
1 May 2021, 00:08
─────────────────────────
INTERACTION
@Levi Drakos
MENTION
-
An eager smile, a nod. These all felt like a mask, no matter the energy that radiated off the little girl. Levi brought a new personality, one Everly had yet to encounter, and it was intriguing. Unlike many others, Everly had started with knowing nothing, and yet, she was still clueless about him. He seemed nice, sure, and Everly was glad that he didn't get as annoyed with her personality as much as others she had encountered before had. The girl would be delighted to get to know him even better though, rather than caught in this current whirlwind.

"Yes, you should be very afraid," Everly said, with a nod and a very serious look. However, Levi's next words made her consider something. She wasn't completely unaware of the sort of... should she call it stereotype? However, Everly had never been a fighter. Was that a bad thing, to be too "girly"? She much preferred words and wit, spells and magic, over physical fighting. That was evident by the way Everly visibly shrunk from the mention of fighting, with a wince and a tiny laugh. "I beg to differ, but no, I don't want to try."

She was... er... surprised, at the least, by the burst of words. It seemed that when Everly's ideas began sprouting, she couldn't stop talking. Everly said what was on her mind, and it wasn't a good quality. Trying to piece together what his expression meant, Everly came up with nothing. "Seen a lot. Sure, that's definitely a better way to put it." A tilt of her head and a easy smile showed her appreciation for Levi's adaptiveness.

His next words made her mouth form a slight "o", reminded of what she still had to do. "Oh yes! Homework still exists. Right." Internally wincing at how easy she had been distracted from the task at hand, Everly quickly scanned the area. "It was nice talking, though. Hopefully I'll see you around, Levi."
thread left.

freedom lies in being bold.
#b76e79
6 May 2021, 02:18
@Everly Charlton
Sunlight drained into the room through the grand windows and was immediately swallowed in the mazes of dark oak, leaving but a gentle yellow glow to swim through the room and settle with the dust on untouched books. Dangling above the two children, chattering away behind masks of their own inexperienced hands, a ghost that haunted their conversation with its own premise. A tale as old as the castle that gave it rise: boy meets girl who only wished to study her private business, shielded by the palm of her hand. There were two problems here, the way Levi saw it. His prideful radiance had not put their specter to rest, and everything, in some way or another, was his business.

The very moment Everly uttered her apology, the girl chose to carry the heavy burden of his friendship. In due time, the benefits would outweigh the life-long ache feeding on her shoulders, as they would be tinted rosy, a shade of compassion and relief for there was no lonely that was not by choice. A cost came with this though, as the universe needed balance until Levi claimed otherwise, and it would involve certain unethical methods. A game between the two, doomed to begin shortly, where the brunette turns a knowingly blind eye and the newfound companion reaches into her life, ruled aimlessly by secrecy.

It started with the books upon the table, and those gathering filthy freckles along the shelves. When his only response was body language, devotedly leaning forward or coolly running his finger over his head as to relax its volume, his eyes were trained on the storytellers. Now and then, the gaze would break, and his eyes would flicker to hers in absorption of all the color within them and in their conversation as it flowed. Still, though, an imagine of books with creased pages and spines remain imprinted in his memory, a sort of dreamy fog spread over their covers. A letter or two, occasionally, would slip between her fingertips. Being obvious, however, was his last intention, and he’d wait patiently as their conversation wrapped up to pursue the leads she suspended before him.

Casual teasing and jokes were fun, dragging chuckles from the choked tongue, but there was a sliver of truth to it. The boy knew better than to doubt the strength of others, but he could confidently downplay his own. The strength and will of the battle would not lie in Levi’s physical capabilities, limited by his stature and unwillingness to be outright bloodily violent. It was in his wit, his word, the way he could talk a dog from a meat wagon. Or, believed he could. Or, best of all, hoped he would one day. Now, that vision was violet with glittering gold, and something only achievable when he, and the rest of the world, slept their backbones away. However, he wouldn’t push the matter further. Neither one of them being naturally sadistic meant something, and she was not yet to figure out what that was. Nor was Levi.

Until Everly began to prepare for her departure, the boy was quiet, paying attention to both her and the history that was sprawled around them in a fence. His anticipation for understanding was unmatched by even a child driving through the gates of an amusement park, leg bouncing intensely again, and heart attached by strings only dissoluble by the annihilation of curiosity, with the satisfaction of fading ignorance. “Sadly, yeah, it does.” Quietly laughing and waiting. Like a sinister clown, maybe. “It really was a pleasure. See you, Everly.” Hopefully, she said. That was a good thing.

When she disappeared from sight, or rather when he disappeared from hers, instinct kicked in. Memory, too. Levi stood so hastily from his chair that balance was a thing of the past, hand trailing along the bookshelf in search of those she’d put away. A few came down; genealogy, pureblood legacies, evidence of impatience by the pages still stuck together with the brutal test of time. The lion slipped back into his seat with the gathered books, flipping through the pages as though there would be a conspicuous marking of those recently studied. Little was said that Everly hadn’t claimed herself; a pureblood, concerned about family history. How he envied that her descent was buried in walls of wisdom. How proud that he would craft that heritage on his own.

Something did become clear, however. A feeling they could bond over, that brought a reddish humiliated tint to his hair. Confusion.
Levi exits the thread.

Metamorph | Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.