Register
Sign in
21 Dec 2020, 20:16
Acquaintances  P.V Henry Knight   ReOpen 
Acquaintances

Tristan was reading an English translation of Dante Alighieri’s Inferno. A book that he had brought of course, as it was indeed muggle. Muggle books often offered more intellectual curiosities than the magical counterparts for him. The only magical books that were interesting would probably be unfit for the general public: such as a book that would be written by Gellert Grindelwald or even Tom Riddle before he became Voldemort. He wasn’t Dark but everything was quite boring after years of academic tutoring and apathy towards others.
He put away Dante’s Inferno and instead apathetically thought of his ability to speak to snakes. He was after all a Parseltongue adept.. From what he’d read throughout his studies, Salazar Slytherin protected his Chamber of Secrets so only people with this special ability could enter. It would be so useful if Tristan could charm his secrets with a hiss of lock but sadly no known spell books in Parseltongue existed and though he was certified genius, one can not learn unless there are books, or at least a place practice such spells. He knew of the dark spells that were illegal, he wondered if he would fit in Durmstrang, after all Gellert Grindelwald had attended there.

Parselmouth, Pureblood, Noble House of Theramin
22 Feb 2021, 20:02
Interacting: Tristan Theramin
Mentioning: N/A
Languages: English | French | Italian | Arabic | Russian
Outfit
Rumors/gossip you might have heard about Henry ~
Henry usually spent his time in the library, reading books to his heart's desire and seeking out more knowledge than a normal second year could handle. Normal is something that Henry Knight has been far from since even before Hogwarts not that the twelve year old minded. He actually preferred to be different or old compared to others, the boy found out early in life that when he was different he tended to get ahead or stick out in a way.

And being different certainly helped so far, he was the top of all his classes and had a spot on the slytherin dueling team. Not to mention he taught himself third year spells and was still trying to figure out a way to get into the restricted section which currently all of his efforts to get into the selection as overall failed.

Anyway since the rest of the day for the second year decided to head to the libary and find a book or two or a dozen to read. Once stepping in the library and taking a moment to himself, the second year then would wander through a row of books or couple until around 10 or so leather bound books were in his hand now the hard part... finding a seat.

His eyes scanned the library and there wasn't many seat available, so the second year approached the table that had a single boy whose recognized from the Snape dorm.

Giving the boy a slight but awkward wave with a smile, Henry spoke" Hello. Is that seat taken? Everywhere else is full."
Last edited by Henry Knight on 23 Mar 2021, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Don't judge another before you read their story
27 Feb 2021, 19:32
Mentioning:@Henry Knight
Languages:
English
Spanish
French
Parseltongue
Outfit

OOC
Acquaintances
Tristan put on a pure blood mask and cocked his head to the side. The boy had disturbed his reading but with such a polite voice, how could he not listen. Tristan vaguely remembered him being in the Snape Dormitory but he was a new acquaintance.
“What is your name” Tristan politely asked, with neutrality that evn Loki would approve of. “ and as for the seat, you can see it is empty, take it. No need to ask.”
He cast the levitation spell and pulled the chair out from under the table and placed it down. “Here.”
Going back to his reading, he pondered upon the intellectual curiosities of parseltongue. Could it indeed be used to create spells that could only be cast and broken by a speaker of said tongue. The Chamber of Secrets was locked in such a manner, could he as a parselmouth replicate such a spell? What if he said open in the tongue of the snakes with a wand? Would it still render the same result as Alohomora or would it only be bastardized Latin that works.

He remembered that he hadn’t introduced himself and so he turned to the boy and said “ Tristan, Heir to the Noble and Most Ancient House of Theramin. Pleased to meet you.” and offered his hand.
While he waited for a response, Tristan slowly analyzed what the boy was wearing, jeans, a green camp jacket, and a grey shirt. The boy had blue eyes and black hair. The muggles would probably attempt at making him a model. Well, they would probably attempt to make himself one as well.
Please take a seat.

3 Mar 2021, 18:32
Interacting: @Tristan Theramin
Mentioning: N/A
Outfit

What you might have heard about the Knight Family ~
Henry smiled at the other kindly as the other boy's voice has a polite factor in it as Henry answer his question, " My name is Henry Knight," before a smile as he nodded to the chair and was about to pull it out when the other used the levitation charm on it which made Henry's anxiety increased since the thought of someone doing something for him or being kind to him made him panicked with fear that they would find out his secrets or abandon him

Taking a seat and placing his books to the side of him so he could still look the other in the eyes, Henry replied to him, " thank you," a moment pause before he continued, " I saw it was empty but I still asked if you were saving it for someone," his British accent lingering off of every sybil that he spoke.

Watching the boy across from him go back to his book, Henry did the same as he opened the first book in front of him on advanced transfiguration and begun to read it. However his eyes occasional lingered to the boy sitting across from him as he saw that he looked around the same age as Henry so probably a second year and wore a plaid shirt under a sweater type suit with a green suit jacket.

Eyes falling back onto his books however when he heard the other's voice Henry looked up and nodded with a small smile taking his hand and shaking it for a moment before letting go as he spoke" it's nice to meet you Tristen," Henry couldn't technically say more since while he was pureblood the twelve year old didn't grow up in a pureblood house not even a wealthy one so... and Henry wasn't in the mood to use his father's surname/family the Alluring's so instead the twelve year old history nodded to the other before turning back to his books.

After a moment and feeling like he was rather rude a minute ago with not giving a similar response, Henry would look up at Tristan and clear his throat slightly before speaking, " I'm sorry if I was rude not giving a similar introduction as you but while I am a pureblood, I never technically met any of my extended family so," feeling awkward with his anxiety rising but keeping a emotions face the boy spoke" if you like I can go?"

22 Mar 2021, 22:16
Mentioning:@Henry Knight
Languages:
English
Spanish
French
Parseltongue
Outfit

OOC
Acquaintances
Tristan couldn’t help but smirk at the nervous little boy in front of him. A pure blood who didn’t grow up learning all the stuffy rules and regulations, finally! He remembered this boy, somewhere from Slytherin dorms, but the boy was definitely not cunning or in any way snake like. However, the hat knows best.
“You do not have to worry about that with me. I am after all a pure blood only in name. I am quite fond of commonality unlike other people here. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you grow up without learning all these pretentious rules that pure bloods know from the bottom of our hearts since childhood?” Tristan questioned warmly but still with his cold mask that had become him still up.
“Henry Knight” Tristan savored the sound with every syllable he said. “You seem nervous, are you alright? You don’t have to be. I promise you, I am different to all the other cold slytherin pure bloods here. “
After this Tristan went back to his reading and silently waited for an answer. He sat, contemplating the difference between love and infatuation objectively. Well not exactly. He was actually observing out of the corner of his eye the boy.
[/color]”

23 Mar 2021, 21:07
Mentioning:N/A
Outfit
Henry found the figure opposite of him intriguing, while he was a pureblood and definitely dressed the part by his suit. Henry thought maybe he wasn't completely like the rest of the pureblood's that he met, perhaps he.. Tristan was different.

Henry would keep his book open in front of him but look up at the other seated actors from him upon hearing his voice. The second year would offer a nod with the outline of a smile before speaking" it's nice to hear that, Tristan," before taking a moment think as he continued" with little money and barely seeing my father. Although since he was raised in a pureblood household, my siblings and I had lessons ranging in languages and music to mathematics and potions," but his curiosity grew as he then asked" if you don't mind me asking, how did you grow up Tristan? In a pureblood residence, right?"

Henry waited for the boy answer letting his eyes linger down to the words on the pages of the books that he was there to read before back up at the other when he heard his question.

"I'm not nervous. Uh- its actually my anxiety when it comes to certain things but that is nice to hear your not like the rest Tristan, " Henry spoke looking up at the boy and trying to read him or figure him out.

Henry would hide the emotions or nerves in his face, concealing any sign of human emotions before eyeing the boy in front of him as his eyes filtered on the words of his book as a attempt to find out more about the boy who sat across from him.
Last edited by Henry Knight on 4 May 2021, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

4 May 2021, 16:06
Mentioning:N/A
Outfit
Henry knew he shouldn't have said anything about having anxiety but the boy didn't feel like lying necessary since the blonde rather professional looking student in front of him seemed nice and rather polite so wouldn't it be wrong of him to lie to the boy.

"I hide it as well and typically can control it pretty well to," Henry spoke while at the same time his emotions became hidden behind his blue eyes and he became a emotionless statue almost like he has trained himself to do even before arriving at Hogwarts.

When Henry heard the boy's question, it reminded him on why he didn't talk to pureblood's from traditional pureblood lives a lot. Because they saw a clear difference between the muggle and wizarding world something that Henry often missed as he replied"I don't see a difference or have a preference really. I enjoy both aspects of muggle and wizarding lifestyles."

Henry thought about leaving, mainly since this conversation and interaction were awkward as a whole but when he heard the boy's question Henry didn't want to be rude so he nodded toward Tristan with a smile as he spoke" sure, I guess we can be companions," before Henry wild rise from his seat and gather his things as he spoke"I just remember I told my friends that I'll meet then now so I'll see you later mate," Henry would then leave the table and libary and probably go meet Logan or Rose.

Henry has left the thread