Register
Sign in
26 Nov 2020, 02:53
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
Interacting with @Scarlett Aden
Robyn nodded, almost sagely, when the girl said her name. In reality she was repeating it over and over to make sure that she didn't forget it as names could be a challenge for her. Her hands idly moved to clean up her work as best as she could before returning her gaze to the girl in front of her. "Oh, of course I don't mind. That's what I'm here for isn't it?" Her voice was soft and gentle. More often than not students seemed worried about asking for help even though they were going to the exact places they were supposed to for it. The library, a place to ask any question and attempt a quest to find the answer. The professors seemed especially frightening to students despite Robyn's experience growing up with them wanting to help the students achieve rather than fail. She hoped the professors here weren't like that, but she hadn't interacted much with a lot of them.

She walked out from behind her desk, buttoning her blazer as she stood. "I know it's a stereotype, but I promise you most Hufflepuffs actually do excel in herbology, so if you have a local badger I would strongly recommend a study session with them." While a joke, it also came with a hint of a serious tone to it. She stood by this advice, even if she hated generalizing the houses. "As for books, we have an astronomical amount of books on Herbology. What are you currently learning about or struggling with? I could hand you books after book about it, but if it's not what you need to learn then they may be slightly less useful." She kept her pace at a pace that was suitable for tiny children leg's, but still brisk. It wasn't to show that she was rushing but to show that this was of utmost importance to her and she would get them where Scarlett needed to be to get what knowledge she was seeking.
Outfit Reference

Stand in your own power.
Stamina 12 ◈ Evasion 7 ◈ Strength 10 ◈ Wisdom 15 ◈ ArcPower 11 ◈ Accuracy 10
Hex Code | #433280
14 Dec 2020, 17:36
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
────── ☆ ───────
@Robyn Finley

The librarian seemed to be a very nice lady. Scarlett felt slightly more at ease, though found it a bit hard not to take her leave and assure the librarian that she was simply fabulous at Herbology and she could do the coursework, no problem. But she didn't want to fail even though Herbology probably wasn't going to play an important part in her later life. The librarian gave her some advice, stepping out from her desk and buttoning up her - admittedly very stylish - blazer as she spoke.

I - um - first, thank you so much for your help," said Scarlett with an awkward smile. Why was it that when she needed to call upon her suave manner and generally cool attitude, it all went out of the window? "Well in class, we're currently learning about magical slugs I believe. If you had any books about that, it would be really useful I - I guess."

They were also learning about Incendio Duo, but Scarlett had picked that up easily. Magical slugs wasn't as much of her forte as spells were. Scarlett also thought about what the librarian had said about Hufflepuffs being good at Herbology. Well, she had a few Hufflepuff friends. Maybe she could ask them?
────── ☆ ───────

chill, it's only chaos
19 Dec 2020, 01:50
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
Robyn couldn't help but shudder at the mention of magical slugs. Care of Magical Creatures was never her favorite class, and neither was Herbology when it came to dealing with things like slugs. "Pardon my reaction, I've never been a big fan of the slugs. You know they even have things like jelly slugs as a candy?" Robyn screwed up her nose at the idea. "I'm a fan of sweets but I cannot stomach the idea of those." With a sigh she started walking towards the area where they kept the books about different creatures. There were a couple books that came to mind.

"Anyway, yes of course we should have books about those creatures. Are you learning about the slug vomiting charm as well? Or just the slugs themselves? Do you need information about Flobberworms as well? I know those can be useful but.. ah, I guess those are mostly for potions. If you haven't had to get mucus from them yet, good luck with that. Also as equally disgusting as the slugs." There were parts of the wizarding world that she just refused to deal with, it was things like this that were normally out of her depth if she didn't have the proper resources. Luckily, she worked in a library so information surrounded her to help the students with any of their problems, even if they were the less than savory ones that would leave Robyn thinking about slug slime for the rest of the day.
Outfit Reference

Stand in your own power.
Hex Code | #433280
9 Jan 2021, 23:16
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
────── ☆ ───────
@Robyn Finley

"Yeah, I've heard of them," Scarlett said, grimacing at the thought of the slimy, wriggly, so-called sweets coming down your throat. "I mean, personally, the Cockroach Clusters were bad enough but the Jelly Slugs? I mean, they're just so slimy and- and - yeah." She shook her head in distaste, glad to have found someone with a little class to be helping her search for Herbology books. The type of food you liked did determine how good or bad of a person you were, at least in Scarlett's mind. Jelly Slugs, she thought with a shudder.

The Gryffindor bounded along with the librarian as she talked, and Scarlett answered. "We do have to learn about the Slug-Vomiting charm as well, but I believe I've got that bit covered. As for the actual slug information part..." She trailed off. "I just can't stuff it in my mind, you know? My brain learns some things and then just - just refuses to learn others! Crazy, right?" A part of her wondered if she was being a bit too brash with a member of staff she had literally just met, and one of the only ones that seemed nice to her. Warm, somehow, unlike some colder professors. Every one of them was apt and able, but some more intimidating than others.

"By the way Miss, what's your name?"
────── ☆ ───────

chill, it's only chaos
9 Feb 2021, 04:18
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
Robyn couldn't help but shudder once more with more mention of bug candy. "Truly, whoever thought that bugs and candy mixed hopefully doesn't have a chocolate frog card in their name." If she were to ever receive one like that, she made a note to send it to Scarlett. She didn't really have a use for the cards any way, but the students seemed to go nuts for collecting them. Scarlett seemed to be on the more energetic side of Gryffindor with her walk and seemingly endless word vomit that made her smile. With all the darkness that seemed to leak into Hogwarts, a little bit of bright light was a nice thing to have.

They arrived at the area Robyn needed, handing the cub a book that pretty extensively covered the slugs. "We all have our strengths in school, but at least you're doing your best to cover all your bases." Staying caught up with all of the classes students were required to take was a feat that was extremely impressive to her. Robyn always stuck to her strengths and didn't like to wander far from them. The librarian couldn't help but giggle at the fact that Scarlett didn't know her name. "You may call me Miss Finley." She turned to bring them back to the desk. "Let's get you all checked out with that Ms. Scarlett."
Outfit Reference

Stand in your own power.
Hex Code | #433280
5 Mar 2021, 23:23
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
────── ☆ ───────
@Robyn Finley

Scarlett's mouth quirked into a smile at their odd little conversation about bugs and sweets, and the people who had invented them. Though Cockroach Clusters were a subject of controversy among the students of Hogwarts - though most seemed to be teetering towards the side that firmly detested the candy - you rarely heard people talk about them, unless they had just returned from a trip to Hogsmeade and were blabbering on to their friends about it. Scarlett decided not to mention the fact that she had indeed been to Hogsmeade with her absolutely wonderful powers of stealth (okay maybe there had been a few close calls - but only a few!). It was odd having the conversation with an adult, far more mature than her, but with sweets, age didn't matter.

"I agree," said Scarlett, nodding in response to the librarian's statement. "Who would ever think 'let's make bugs and insects sugary and edible'?" She let out a small laugh at that. The librarian really was very nice. They made their way back to the desk, as all trips have to end. "Thanks," said Scarlett, face reddening as the librarian said how she was doing her best to cover everything. Scarlett wasn't usually a study person, but after quite a lot of bad grades, she had forced herself to get away from her relaxation and frivolity and sit her butt down on a chair and work. "I'm hoping this will help somewhat Miss Finley. Thank you for all your help though! I really appreciate it."

And her books were checked off and she was sent off with a kind nod. Scarlett decided that maybe she would study tomorrow.
────── ☆ ───────

chill, it's only chaos
6 Mar 2021, 22:36
The Librarian's Desk  IC 

─── ЯF ───
Interacting With: @Scarlett Aden
Hex Color: #433280
─ Alluring | Calming Presence | Nonverbal Magic ─

─── ◈ ───
Scarlett seemed like a sweet girl. Though they had an incredibly short interaction which could make it slightly hard to gauge if this is what she was like normally, or if it was just how she was around adults. Nevertheless, Robyn wasn't here to make a judgement on the character of students. It was nice to have a lighter conversation while getting her a book for class rather than having to comfort a student that hags won't kill them at some point. Which, truthfully, she couldn't ever guarantee.

Robyn laughed lightly in unison with the girl. "Honestly, I'm sure the answer to that lies in a book somewhere. I might research that now thanks to you." It was just a small reminder that there was still much learning to be done from the students, that knowledge was a never ending pursuit. As much as she definitely didn't want to find out about the original of why someone made bug candy. If it ever came up again she would have the information for a student, or at least for Scarlett and that made it worth researching.

After checking Scarlett out, she gave the girl a single nod before settling back down behind her desk. "Anytime Ms. Scarlett, I hope to see you back in the library soon."
─── ◈ ───
Outfit Reference
Robyn Finley is available for interaction.

Stand in your own power.
Hex Code | #433280
11 Mar 2021, 12:58
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
@Robyn Finley
So Paige finds herself back at the library. Well, there have been strange things she has been noticing lately, and she couldn't resist the urge to read some books. It was gross, she knew. Despite her inability to read, she still did attempt to had found she was getting better. Better, as in noticing key words and filling in the words she couldn't read. But she still managed to get the overall idea of that she was reading and for that, she was glad.

Today was like no other for that very reason. Not spending her time outside, not dancing, but instead ahe found herself pushing the door open to the library and quietly walking inside. She walked over to the shelves but found she didn't exactly know where the books she wanted were. She looked around and saw the librarian, whom she never met yet, sitting at her desk. Paige noticed a girl walking away and she griped that meant the desk was open.

Slowly she walked up, almost looking nervous that she would be interrupting something. "Um, excuse me, miss?" She gave a polite wave. "Um, I'm looking for some information on werewolves, could you help me, please?"

A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink – Gina Carey
15 Mar 2021, 02:37
The Librarian's Desk  IC 

─── ЯF ───
Interacting With: @Paige Grant
Hex Color: #433280
─ Alluring | Calming Presence | Nonverbal Magic ─

─── ◈ ───
Spring was setting in and that meant a time of spring cleaning. Going through maintenance of well worn books and keeping up with the maintenance required of the older ones too. It was something that Robyn took quite a bit of pride in. It always felt like an honor to take care of books as well as keeping them around. Some pages needed some smoothing out, the bindings needing to be resewn, a cover needing a little spell to make it look as good as new. Occasionally books would need to be replaced altogether, but Robyn did as much as she could to prevent that.

However, she was still a librarian that needed to tend to curious minds that scoured the pages she was working on. Her eyes flicked up from a book that she was working on to see someone new approaching. "Werewolves, hm?" She stood up and rounded her desk. "Anything specific about them? The Wolfsbane potion perhaps? Or are you looking for an introduction into them?" She started leading them into the stacks of the library. No matter the topic specifically, they would all be around the same section. She hadn't ever done much research on them herself, she was always far too invested into her own race to worry that much about lycanthropes. Especially if they didn't involve themselves in her life.
─── ◈ ───
Outfit Reference

Stand in your own power.
Hex Code | #433280
3 Apr 2021, 02:40
The Librarian's Desk  IC 
The librarian looked up from her book, and Paige was relieved it didn't look annoyed for interrupting anything. Either that , or the librarian's acting skills were amazing.

Only then did Paige realize that the librarian would start asking questions, and questions meant things she would have no answer to. Well, she would have one. But she didn't want that to have to be the answer. She was starting to think of excuses, until the librarian gave her a question, not on why, but on what. Paige did her best to not look too relieved as she replied. "Wolfsbane potion, please."

With a weak smile, she would follow the kind librarian to where the books were. Being a werewolf and a muggle, she wanted a better understanding of the potion. She didn't enjoy consuming things she didn't know much about. She was cautious with things she consumed, probably because of her numerous allergies. But she did use the potion, both for her safety and others.

She was glad that there were books out there, but only for reasons like this one. She needed to understand more than what the nurses told her. She didn't trust everything, even if it was professional info. The books would confirm any doubts.
@Robyn Finley

A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink – Gina Carey