Register
Sign in
17 Aug 2018, 16:31
The Escanora Manor  PV Aravis, and Verla   Closed 
Lucien dragged his luggage up the steps to the Manor with Ara and Verla trailing behind. They had just got home for a holiday. He wasn't looking forward to being home. Mostly because he had to deal with his Aunt and Uncle. Today would be the only day during their short stay that they were allowed to see Verla, only because they were all arriving. Lucien was glad Verla wouldn't have to put up with Farrah and Arthur. They could be down right cruel. Their father, Percival, however had told them that Verla was a pure-blood to keep them from saying anything.

Lucien reached the top of the steps to black and silver manor opening the door carefully. He saw the whole family waiting as they always did. Just below the steps stood Farrah, Arthur, Percival, Alice, and Calah with Maven on his shoulders. As always, Percival ran to Aravis first giving her a hug while Farrah and Arthur came to torture Lucien's personal space bubble. Farrah handed him their newest gift, another book. While Arthur handed him a family heirloom, a silver ring with a green jewel in the center.

Putting the ring on he faked a smile, just like always and thanked them. Before he could turn around to say hello to his father he got a giant hug from Maven, which he didn't mind. Farrah and Arthur headed over to Aravis telling her to do better in her grades, while they handed Verla a giant photo frame with the whole family in it. The Haywoods (Alice and Cal), the Escanora's, and themselves. They must have not known what else to get her.

Maven ran over to Verla as well telling her that she had pretty hair and gave her a hug. Maven was too sweet for the world, but only when he wasn't around Ara, that's what Lucien thought at least. Calah gave Lucien a pat on the head and proceeded to pick Ara up and swing her around in the air as he always had. It was like nothing changed while they were away.

Alice remained silent as she always did when near Aunt Farrah and Uncle Arthur. "It feels like I never left. Anyways, Verla, this is home." He said smiling. The manor was nice, but was almost all black, green, and silver. It had high ceilings with giant chandeliers. A giant family portrait hung on the wall just above the stair case.

They would have to show her around of course, they didn't want Verla to wind up lost in the Manor. Lucien fiddled with his new ring holding the book to his side. Lucien assumed they should show her the more lively part of the house as well. Through a green door with a snake handle was a whole different manor basically. The Haven side. Decorated in white, and gold, and a lot more lively. It was ironic really. The Haven's were so down right dark and depressing, while most of the Escanora side was the lively bunch.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.
17 Aug 2018, 16:52
Verla was excited as she trailed behind Lucien as he dragged his luggage behind him. She had a friendly chat with Aravis as they trailed behind him. When she got to the front steps, looked up at the manor in awe, she'd never seen anything so big! She walked inside behind Lucien, and that's where everyone greeted the newest girl. Maven was adorable little girl, complimenting her on her hair and giving her a hug. 

Their aunt and uncle gave her a picture of the whole family, the Escanora's on one side and the Haven's on the other. It was animated, some people looked at each other while others laughed or smiled. They looked very happy surprisingly, after hearing bad things about the Haven's. "Hi everyone! I'm Verla." She said to everyone, then looked at Lucien and walked up to him and asked "So Alice and Cal are your step siblings? Or is Alice your older sister and Cal was just taken in by your dad, also, they're the parents of Maven right?" She had to get this family sorted out and figured out, she was horrible with names. She wanted to see the Haven's side of the manor, but since their aunt and uncle lived there, she decided best that curiousity killed the cat. 

She was super happy, when their dad was done hugging his children, she walked up to him and chuckled nervously, she was super nervous. But she was so happy, that she hugged him. Hugging a complete stranger! "Thank you for taking me in Mr. Escanora, I feel honored being here with all of you." She smiled brightly, brightly than she ever had before.

Oliver's head poked out of her hood and he yawned, he'd just woken up from his nap. And he saw everyone's eyes on him, he slowly went back in to the hood of her robes. Verla giggled and picked him up out of there. They all looked at him in amazement "we're gonna like it here Oliver, I can feel it." She told him. 

She thanked everyone and the aunt and uncle for the photo. She was super happy to be here, she'd never heard of such kindness before from anyone, and their dad seemed nice enough. Surprisingly, at first, she didn't see anything wrong with the aunt and uncle, I mean, they'd given her a gift. But she wasn't comfortable around them just yet. She still believed the awful things she heard, so she was cautious around them.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.
17 Aug 2018, 17:37
Aravis happily ran up to the top of the stairs the second the door was open bolting in excitedly. It was home! Home meant her bed, her pets, and no annoying people!She didn't even pay attention to the fact that the family stood in the exact position as always. Nothing had changed and she liked it just like that. After her father had given her a hug, Cal rushed over picking Aravis up as if she was going to do the airplane that she did when she was younger. "Cal, I'm too old for that now!" She said laughing in the air. "Too old? What do you mean? You're still just a shrimp!" Calah responded before setting her back down.

The youngest brother practically tackled Lucien, and seemed happy enough to meet Verla. Of course he ran over and gave his favorite sister- well...his only sister, a hug with a smile. Aravis was glad to see Maven again. He looked like a spitting image of Lucien when he was 10. Next year would be his first year at Hogwarts. Ara was excited for him.

She tried to pay no mind to Farrah and Arthur. She could see the looks they had when no one else was looking. Farrah sent a glare towards Aravis's way and the white haired girl stopped smiling. She kept the normal expression she had at Hogwarts.

That's when Verla asked a question, Aravis decided to answer. "Miss Alice is our step-mom. Cal is our step-brother by marriage, he is Miss Alice's firstborn. Maven is the only one related to Calah by blood. I'm the only Daughter." Aravis smiled trying to explain it. She didn't realize it was directed towards Lucien until after she spoke.

Their Father smiled at Verla, happy that she liked being at the Manor. "Lucien practically begged for you to be able to stay. Aravis was the one that bribed me into it." He smiled down at his children and Verla.

Aravis wasn't going to waste a moment showing Verla around. "Lucien, Lucien! Let's show Verla around!" She smiled happily jumping up and down. Maven stared in confusion trying to figure out how she was jumping in high heels. As Aravis was about to show the newest addition around Farrah interrupted. "Aravis darling, could I speak to you for a moment?" Her Aunt questioned with the usual irritated look on her face. By no means was it a question however, it was an order. Aravis nodded

Aravis walked over to Farrah who led her past the green snake door to the Haven side of the manor, away from the group. As she opened the door it gave Verla a slight view to the golden and white side of the manor. Aravis gave a sad smile before the doors shut leaving her alone to receive a lecture from her Aunt.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."
17 Aug 2018, 17:58
Verla was scared for Aravis, she wanted to listen, but she waited patiently until Aravis was done to show her around. Verla was glad to hear that Ara had bribed her father into letting Verla stayed. But it made Verla's heart swell when he said that Lucien begged. 

Ara probably wouldn't be in a good mood once the lecture was done. So she followed Lucien around the house. She was told she could pick any room she wanted, which she was excited for. She couldn't wait to pick the brightest room in the manor. 

Verla held Oliver on her shoulder to make sure he wouldn't fall off in all the excitement. She was nervous that she would lose him. She couldn't believe that they were there, in the Escanora Manor! It was so big! She couldn't wait to unpack and make her room just her cozy one at home, though her parents probably changed it into a nursery by now. 

"Oh, Lucien, my parents finally decided to name my baby sister, they named her April." She said, their father must've been shocked when he heard her mention even her own family name. She was scared he'd snap or something, like Ara would if she said the wrong thing after her lecture.

I'll let you two go next, completely over excited lol.

"What cannot be seen, felt, or carried?" Person who gets this right I will donate some money to them.
17 Aug 2018, 20:33
Lucien frowned the second his sister walked away. "Aunt Farrah now is not the time. We have a guest as you know." Lucien said locking eye contact. His Aunt simply nodded and went on her way. It was the first time Farrah had ever decided to talk to Aravis when guests were over. Lucien wasn't fond of it.

Lucien was fully aware of what would be happening to Aravis. She was going to get a lecture, she was going to get mad, and she was going to explode. It happened every time. Lucien looked over to Alice who had a sad smile on her face rather than the happy one from earlier. "April hm...I rather like that name." Lucien said with a smile to Verla. April, it was a simple name, easy to say but still sounded nice. It wasn't as complicated as the name Lucien, or Aravis, or Maven, and definitely not as complicated as Shinar Calah. "Lucien, I'm taking Maven to the park for a bit. Make sure Aravis as ok, don't eat dessert before dinner, and don't let Calah terrorize Verla would you. His Father said giving him a pat on the back before smiling kindly at Verla. After that him and the smaller hyper Escanora child left.

"I suppose I'll show you the rooms so you may pick one, Lucien, Cal would you like to come with us?" Alice said in a kind voice. He nodded as they went on their way. Cal followed with his hands in his pocket not seeming to have a care in the world, humming as if no one was around the way he always had. The walk was silent for the most part.

The first room Lucien hated. It only had one small window which barely let any light in. Not even that, Cal was the only one tall enough to see out of it. The walls were painted black and it was quite small. The second room was his favorite. A much larger room with plenty of space for anything that anyone could want. It had two large windows that let tons of light shine with a lovely view of the pond and woods behind their house. It had once been his mother's study, the walls were painted a mint green. The third room was Aravis's old room. It had plenty of room as the second one but only one window. It still had a similar view but was much darker.

"You can paint any of the rooms and decorate them how you like dear. The room you choose is all yours to do anything with. If you need anything to buy for the room Mr. Escanora has it covered. Calah and Lucien can help you set up anything you aren't tall enough to do or help move things for you." Alice said with the happy smile before. It made Lucien happy that Alice was smiling again. The poor lady never got a break, always cleaning and cooking, and preparing everything all while taking care of Maven, Cal, Aravis, Lucien, and now Verla.

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.
17 Aug 2018, 21:35
Aravis entered the Haven side of the manor visibly upset. She didn't want to talk to Aunt Farrah. She wanted to be left alone, away from her Aunt and Uncle. Farrah didn't have to bend down to Aravis's height at all, she just had to look down slightly. "Aravis. I heard you got detention, I see that you had horrible grades. Do you know how that looks on the family? And dying you're hair- what were you thinking? We have an image to upload!" The blonde haired woman said with her eyes staring into Aravis's soul. The white haired girl stared at her Aunt with an irritated expression. "I did get detention. My grades were not horrible you're just blind. I got O's and E's. What did Lucien get? O's and E's. I am no different from him, he just got a slightly better grade than I. Stop treating me like I'm useless. I have more use in my finger nail than you have in your whole life." She stated bitterly. It was a foolish move and she knew what it was going to earn her, but she wouldn't sugar coat it. 

"You're just like your mother- foolish, stupid, and immature. And what did you do to her? It was your fault she died. So yes you have a use, you are useful for destruction and that alone. Do not speak as if you know your place. Stop trying to be Elvira, because that will only get you killed. You are to do better than Lucien next year. How about you actually try being useful to this family?" Farrah said clearly angry at the smaller girl in front of her. 

"Do not speak of my mother in such a way!" Aravis yelled. It echoed through the halls of the Haven-Escanora manor. Almost as loud was a loud smack sound. Farrah's hand landed straight across Aravis's face. "Do not speak to your Aunt in such a way." Farrah said the same way the silver haired girl had. Without thinking Aravis swung the door open to her side of the manor and ran as fast as she could to find Alice. Alice would take care of her. She ignored her Aunt's yelling that told her to get right back down there.

Tears pricked her eyes but she kept a straight face. She isn't worth your tears. She isn't worth your tears. She isn't worth your tears. Aravis repeated this phrase in her head over and over until she found the group. She hand her hand placed on her face covering up most of the already red mark. It stung. She put on a fake smile so she wouldn't worry Lucien and Cal. "Sorry that took so long." She said in a wavering tone.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."