Register
Sign in
1 Aug 2018, 21:26
New Hair is a Nightmare  PV   Closed 
The black haired boy stood in shock at the sight of two girls with silver hair. One was his sister. One was not his sister. Apparently his sister had decided to match her new friends hair color. He stood there with his mouth open for a bit, gawking at the drastic change. "Silver. Not black. Silver. Opposite. What?" The heterochromatic boy stuttered in confusion. His sister had done a complete turn around. This was not how he had expected to see her after a year. She had appeared to have changed a lot over the summer. He ignored the other girl standing beside Aravis. He didn't trust her, at all. She had probably twisted Aravis's mind in some way. Aravis would have NEVER dyed her hair without muggle influence. It had to be because of this new girl. Change was not something Lucien was fond of. Despite the fact his sister's silver hair actually suited her quite well, he wasn't used to it. "It looks great but no. It isn't right. Farrah is going to kill you if she finds out. And you-" He said pointing to a shorter girl with similar blue eyes. She could easily be mistaken for being an Escanora due to the pale skin, similar face and eye shape, and blinding blue eyes. "-How did you manage to convince Ara to do something so odd."

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.
3 Aug 2018, 01:12
I smiled happily to my friend. I had met the girl over the summer at an ice cream shop in France. Both of us had been on a trip at the same time, what were the odds of meeting someone from the same school! That had been before I was enrolled though, right before I got my letter. I knew where she was from the second I saw her. She had normal clothes but had a Slytherin badge pinned on her book bag. Here she was in front of me once again. It was nice seeing the girl in person. Over owls we had talked of different interests and hobbies. She had even dyed her hair the same color as mine! I had planned on dying mine black before the school semester but my mother thought our idea of hair swapping was ridiculous.

I felt short standing next to Aravis. She was so much taller than me. Not only that, but she was so much more talented and prettier. I have to admit, I am slightly jealous of how perfect she is. She only had one flaw, the burn scar on her leg. She wasn't even born with that flaw, it had happened her first year. I couldn't help but wonder if I would get a scar or injury as drastic as hers my first year. Maybe I would go on some cool adventure.

As I turned around I noticed a boy who looked a lot like Aravis, possibly siblings, or maybe cousins. She did have that family member named Cal- no, she had told me he graduated last year. Plus by the sounds of it he wasn't so small and fragile. This boy had porcelain skin much like Aravis and I. He had matching blue eyes and that dark, silky, midnight black hair that made me jealous. Thats when the light shimmered slightly and I noticed my observation to be wrong. Both of his eyes weren't blue. One was a stunning emerald green. Not only did he have perfect hair, but he also had gorgeous eyes! Ok, that's it, Escanora's are SO blessed.

The boy began talking in a rather haughty tone. I don't like his voice one bit. It's similar to Aravis, but so much more bitter. Maybe he had gotten scolded or was in a foul mood. Almost immediately he blamed me for Aravis's new hair color. He made it sound as if I had brain washed her or my 'muggle tendencies' that I didn't even have, had rubbed off on Miss Perfection! How Absurd!

"Ok, first of all I'm a pure blood, there was no muggle influence. And second of all it was her idea to start with! Third of all it is rude to assume such things. Have you not learned any manners or how to respect your elders?" I spoke with no hostility in my voice. My tone was neutral, neither overjoyed, or upset. I had no reason to be happy, but I also shouldn't be disappointed. Sure it was rude for someone younger than me to say such things. This had to be Aravis's youngest brother Maven. Pale, frail, and mean. It couldn't possibly be Lucien. No, he was too sweet and kind. Lucien was supposed to be this saint like twin of Aravis, perfect in attitude, looks, and knowledge. This thing standing in front of my friend and I was by no means perfect in attitude or knowledge. He had assumed statements that I could easily prove incorrect. I kept all of the Escanora girl's writings to me. They could prove this was her idea if he didn't believe his sisters word.

You should see me in a crown
I'm gonna run this nothing town
3 Aug 2018, 02:44
Aravis watched as Lucien panicked over her hair. Did it look bad? Thats when he said it didn't. Well, at least it looked good. She knew her brother hated change, he always had. It was like pulling the trigger of a gun. Change turned Lucien's personality from sweet and shy to pained and confused. It was hard to watch really. 

The former black hair girl looked down at her shorter friend. Ayleid. She was a sweet girl but she sure wasn't going to take crap from Lu. Ayleid had been looking forward to meeting Lucien, but it appeared that she didn't realize that Lucien wasn't Maven. Something in the shorter girls eyes glimmered everytime she looked at Lucien. They dimmed down around anyone else. 

Before anything got out of hand Aravis stepped in. "Shut up Lucien. Ayleid didn't do anything it was my choice. I wanted to dye it, it seemed fun. Something the matter with it?" Aravis said raising an eyebrow. She silently dared Lucien to challenge her, which she had never done before. It was like a sense of power. Something about challenging the family heir felt right. He wouldn't ever challenge anyone himself so why should he have the title if he coulsn't maintain it. 

Aravis shook off the thought of over throwing his title. She was getting side tracked. That was for a later time. For now she had to keep the two from strangling each other.

I will take what is mine with fire and blood.
"It seems to me that a queen who trusts no one is as foolish as a queen who trusts everyone."
3 Aug 2018, 18:45
Lucien couldn't help but laugh at the girl in front of him. Respect elders? Oh he could do that. He just couldn't respect people who were younger than him who didn't deserve it! He had gotten his information messed up no doubt, but he wasn't going to let this girl get the best of him. Before he could speak up his sister silenced him. Her glare had an aspect that it never had. She was daring him to speak against her. No one had ever challenged Lucien before. No one ever had a reason too, he stayed by himself, minded his own business (most of the time), and did well at what he was told to do. He always listened to any instructions unlike the reckless sister who was now trying to rise above him. Lucien raised an eyebrow with a bored expression. She couldn't do anything with out him so it wasn't like she could do anything to him or else she would jeopardize her whole future. "Many apologies, Aravis. I'm sure Aunt Farrah would love to give you the title of heir with that hair color. Rebelling and doing muggle things, just what you need to win over me isn't it. And Ayleid, darling, first of all, I'm older than you, second of all that was a mistake on my part." The black hair boy stated repeating Ayleid's format of speaking. He hoped it wasn't weird he had accidentally called her darling. He had gotten in the habit of calling everyone sweetie, darling, sugar, and honey over the summer. It was odd but most people payed no mind to it.

~
7 Aug 2018, 17:52
I smiled to myself happily accepting my victory over the younger boy. Then he laughed as if I knew nothing. Something about his laugh made my face feel warm. Before he could speak again Aravis said something. That's when I found out, that her sibling wasn't the one I thought. He was the eldest, the one Aravis had told me so much about. The one I wanted to meet so badly. It was hard not to panic right there. Had I blown my chance of befriending him? Would he hate me for what I said? What if he ends up seeing me like he sees germs, horrible and to be avoided. I remember Aravis said he hated germs more than anything, what if I became the one thing he hate more?!

No, I'm not going to ruin my chance of being his friend. He was a bit rude so far, but my positivisty and annoying traits could easily take that barrier down. I will not fail in making another friend. The Sylvari's could be the Escanora's allies! She had to do this for the greater good, but why would they need allies? It wasn't like her family ever got involved in pure blood politics or nonsense. Oh well, it was another way to motivate herself easily.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were Lucien." At least he realized it was his mistake. She wasn't getting blamed anymore and he had seemed to calm down some. "I should properly introduce myself. I'm Ayleid. Ayleid Sylvari at your service! I am once again sorry for speaking out of turn. It was quite rude of me.

You should see me in a crown
I'm gonna run this nothing town
22 Aug 2018, 14:12
Lucien wasn't sure how to react to the girl in front of him. All of a sudden she was being...nice. It was odd. He smiled and gave a small nod accepting her apology. "It's fine. Nice to meet you Ayleid. I was a bit rude as well." He said before looking down at a sundial watch he had. It was almost time to leave. If he left now he could get back in time to finish his book. "I'll be taking my leave now. It's time for me to head back. Nice to meet you." He said as he walked away. As he made his way back he couldn't help but wonder about why his sister dyed her hair, how she met this girl, and what was going to happen through out the year. Who knew, maybe they would end up being rather close. Lucien decided to spend more time with his sister and he new friend. Having friends was a nice thing after all. As he reached the top of the small hill he turned to look back where his sister and Ayleid were standing. He waved slightly before vanishing into the castle. Finally, he could go read his book without a care in the world.
Lucien Exits the thread.

~