Register
Sign in
18 Jan 2022, 21:55
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Name: AngelFyre McCubbin
Link to my Encyclopedia: AngelFyre's Encyclopedia
Race/Ability Applying For: Seer
Reducio
When the Hogwarts professor showed up at AngelFyre’s door with the letter on the occasion of her 11th birthday, she could say in all honesty that as a Muggle, she knew nothing of magic. Literally nothing, except what she had read in Muggle literature or seen in Muggle cinema, and those both offer poor comparisons to the real thing. It would be fair to say that based on the reactions of her family to the news of her acceptance to Hogwarts, they were as unaware of magic in their lives as she was. So many students here grew up with magic in some fashion and they take for granted that magic is part of who they are. AngelFyre has felt, justifiably so, behind the curve in simply fitting in here, let alone understanding much of what is spoken of or goes on around these hallowed halls. There is still not a day that goes by in which she does not question whether this is just a vivid dream she has fashioned and one from which she will soon awaken, back home in her own room.

Because of these feelings and her newfound magical abilities, she and her family have wanted to know who they are, really are, and where her magic comes from. To that end, her mother and maternal grandmother have been doing a full court genealogical press on their family tree. They wanted to know if there were other instances of magic in their background, and they appear to have found some answers.

On her father’s side, it has been discovered that in 1658, John Iain McCubbin, along with his wife, Maeve Lyall McCubbin, emigrated from Scotland to the shores of the colonies in the new world, later to become the United States. They eventually made their home in Salem, Massachusetts sometime around 1673. It appears that for many years, they lived without incident, raising a family of two daughters and one son on their meager homestead.

A year or so before the Salem Witch Trials raged through the population in 1692, the McCubbins had packed up all of their belongings and had already started over again in Maryland. This timing is important because journal entries made by Maeve have been found in a family history museum in Australia. In the 2-3 years leading up to the witch hunts, there were passages in which she recounted conversations with her husband. She often implored him to have them sell what they could and move on as she had been “struck with visions” of friends and neighbors, accused of practicing witchcraft, burned alive or drowned for their sins of witchcraft. Maeve’s visions had been taken seriously in her family for years, and noted by her neighbors, as they often had been able to avoid starvation on their cabbage farm as she would often “forecast” a plague or early frost while her neighbors were not so fortunate.

On her maternal side, going back six generations, her great(x4)grandmother, Essie Wilhelms Godshall (nee Gantry), had some minor notoriety as a healer in and around the breadbasket area of the Midwest. She married Crawford Ingram Godshall, an infamous, but affable, gambler she met on a river boat trip on the Mississippi river. Crawford was lucky... very lucky. He was often accused of cheating, but no one could ever catch him doing so. Many times he escaped what would surely have been certain death at the hands of infuriated fellow gamblers, but he always managed to just dodge or duck flying bullets and knives. Her Grandma Ruth Godshall has recognized what she thought was just a decorative item but which she now believes to be an actual magical wand that belonged to Crawford Ingram Godshall. It has been passed down through the years to the men of the family. She has it now because it belonged to her husband, Ezra Simpson Godshall.

What has not yet been revealed in the genealogical study is why the magic on both sides was quieted or disappeared. Maybe there will be answers to that and maybe there will not be, but it seems clear that the magic has reappeared with AngelFyre. Things that no one in the family thought much of prior to AngelFyre’s 11th birthday have now taken on a new color. Her ability to “see” is infrequent and subtle. As a young child, her mother recounts seeing AngelFyre walking by their barn with her best friend Ainsley. Ainsley was walking closest to the barn, and for no rhyme or reason, AngelFyre took her best friend’s arm and casually directed her to AngelFyre’s other side, while continuing to walk. Just a few seconds later, their horse, Goliath, kicked out that portion of the barn where Ainsley would have been standing and likely would have been severely injured. When asked about it, AngelFyre just shrugged her shoulders and said she “Did not want Ainsley to get hurt,” but could not elaborate further on how she knew Ainsley would have been hurt, but for her moving her out of the way.

The Seer’s ability is a tricky one to pinpoint because so many people have gut feelings or intuition about things. One thing AngelFyre has long been aware of is how she does seem to have a strong sense sometimes about little things like what material will be on a quiz or exam, or knowing when someone will knock on their door when they are not expecting anyone, or even gathering candles for unexpected power outages. These things do not happen often, and it never would have occurred to her that it comes from a place of magic, but it now seems likely to her that it does.

A Seer is completely human, so there is nothing to change right now as a first year in terms of AngelFyre’s physical appearance. The only physical manifestations that a Seer undergoes is that the eyes will cloud over, completely white, when visions occur, rendering the Seer temporarily immobile. This may begin some time around her third year at Hogwarts. Also, a Seer’s hair pre-maturely turns gray or white, usually in later teenage years. Because she is still so young, AngelFyre’s hair has not yet started to turn white or gray. That will likely begin to manifest in her 6th or 7th year.

(OLD) Stamina: 5 || Evasion: 4 || Strength: 1 || Wisdom: 8 || Arcane Power: 8 || Accuracy: 9
(NEW) Stamina: 5 || Evasion: 4 || Strength: 1 || Wisdom: 7 || Arcane Power: 6 || Accuracy: 7

WC: 1050/500
Validation Date: 22 December, 2021

Last edited by AngelFyre McCubbin on 20 Jan 2022, 10:35, edited 2 times in total.

The magic is real.
19 Jan 2022, 03:46
Link to your encyclopedia thread: link!!!!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

Reducio
“Smart. Ambitious. Sassy. Kind. Funny.”
If you had asked the people in Simon’s life to describe Simon in one word, chances are, you will get a variety of answers. Ideally, they would be positive, because why would they hate Simon? They couldn’t hate him, he would not allow it.
From a young age, Simon Feng Corbin was always a people pleaser. There were people out there who didn’t try at all, and Simon has strived to be the opposite. When he was younger, he’d always show off his talents to others- making sure that everyone got the best of “Simon”, even if that was never himself. Because nobody wanted Simon Corbin, did they? People were so picky- their ideal people seem impossible to achieve, but Simon sure does try, usually with success.
So what a coincidence it was when he woke up one day at the age of 6 and saw that something about him was off. He couldn’t put his finger on it, as it was a minor shift, but he knew something had happened to him. When he left his room and entered the kitchen, his dad asked him what he had done to his eyes. “They’re a weird color.”
My eyes? he thought, confused, and rushed to the mirror and found out that something did happen to his eyes- they had turned from his almost black color to a vibrant green. Simon screamed at the top of his lungs and raced to his father, crying about his eyes being an ‘ugly color’ He was convinced it was permanent, but his dad sat him down and told him that it wasn’t permanent and it ran in the family, which Simon wasn’t aware of at the time. But afterwards, it became so obvious to him- why his aunt seemed to “dye” her hair every time she visited, and how subtly he’d notice his father’s facial changes. After that, his dad taught Simon how to control his talent when his father had free time.
At first, Simon wanted nothing to do with this newfound talent, but he soon found out he could use it to his advantage. He’d shift his face depending on who he was talking to, based on what they liked. If they liked blondes, it was pretty easy to change his hair color to blonde and adjust his personality to fit theirs. It seemed like a genius plan- he could make sure he was his best self, while making others happy.
To add to that, he started feeling some confusion about who he really was. At this point he had put on so many personas that he didn’t really know about himself, only about what others knew of him. The truth was- he hated his name, his face, his gender (why does gender matter so much to others?) his everything, basically. He wanted to be someone else, and now he could- but it wasn’t all cracked up as it is made to be. He couldn’t even talk to anyone about his issues. It sucked, basically.
WC- 508/500

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT: Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: Current stats- STA 5 | EVA 8 | STR 4 | WIS 6 | ARC 5 | ACC 7
New Stats- STA 2 | EVA 6 | STR 4 | WIS 6 | ARC 5 | ACC 7 (if i can do that lol)

Link to your encyclopedia thread: link!!!!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist

Reducio

warning, this does contain some aspects of verbal abuse. Not much details, but if you's uncomfy with that than this is a warning to you.

Simon was always considered 'the bright kid' to the adults and his peers. If there was something that needed to be done, Simon went out of his way to make sure it was pitch perfect. Everything that the young boy produced was always the best version that you could imagine. And they had to be, obviously. Why settle for a 99% when you could have 100?
But it wasn't always like this. Even though it might be beyond all of the people that he knew, he was once what people would call a 'carefree' child. He settled with B's and maybe even C's, which was disgraceful now that Simon thought about it.
But it started on the fateful spring day of May 5th- yep, he knew the exact month. It had made that much of an impact on him- where he started getting 'bigger' tasks to do. Classwork was growing, and even though he was just 8, he was getting an abnormal amount of homework. But that wasn't a problem for them- he was Simon who could do no wrong. So he made the dumbest decision he could possibly make- half assing the assignment.
Obviously, it came out with a terrible grade, which was odd to him because 'why would it come out with such a bad grade? I mean a D?'
When info got to his dad however... well, let's just say that sometimes people act out of character. They get mad, they say things that they later on regret because something else happened to them that had nothing to do with them or anything. All Simon wanted to say about that is that you should never take out your anger on a person who did nothing to you in the first place in that way. Never.
He didn't remember what he said exactly, but he remembered some things he said that remained in his mind forever. He remembered how Simon covered his ears and covered his eyes and apologized over and over...
Over some homework.
He may not have touched him, but he may as well have. That would have been better. To top it all off, his dad died not even 3 months later, hitting his mom and Simon hard.
So the reason why he was so perfect was because of some sick cosmic joke the universe played on him. And Simon made a vow after that never, ever to do anything to cause anyone to yell at him like that ever again. So it had to be perfect.
He had to be perfect.

WC-431/400

Be aware, that you are a first year. You applied for Metamorph so you won't get an additional ability for your first student year. Ability app was denied

And the link was missing
Last edited by Simon Corbin on 27 Jan 2022, 02:07, edited 4 times in total.

To learn to love others, you must learn to love yourself
HEX CODE- #826dba
STA 2 | EVA 6 | STR 4 | WIS 6 | ARC 5 | ACC 7 ✬
19 Jan 2022, 20:29
Basic Information
Junhee Kim
1st year/Ravenclaw
Link to your encyclopedia thread: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=37774
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Werewolf
Dear Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,
Hello, I'm Junhee Kim, and I am... Can you guess? A werewolf. I don't come from generations of it though, I got my werewolf blood from my grandmother, Emily Kim, former last name Brisbane. My grandma received Lycanotrophy all the way when she was a little girl. The story goes... It was a dark, cold, summer night, Emily always wandered alone being not watched a lot as a child. She had gone in the forest many times before, today was not different, or so she thought. The moon shone bright above her as she ventured through the forest. Emily knew these woods like the back of her hand, but at night everything was different. The trees were black, with faces all twisted, the moon laughed at the small child. And eyes watched her. Emily wasn't afraid though, that's the reason she was a Gryffindor. Anyways off topic, Emily trudged on, the forest getting thicker and unrecognizable. That's when it happened, as fast as her scream, a bite, a cry, a curse on her and her bloodline. So yeah, but not all my siblings or aunts and uncles are werewolves, only some who won the lucky gene lottery. As you can see this curse has an effect on me, I have to be careful after dark, drink a potion, being a werewolf isn't glamorous, but it's a part of who I am. Being a Lycanotrophy, has it's problems and benefits, it causes my extremely large appetite, I have slightly larger canine teeth than normal. I have a strong sense of smell, and I love chasing things. My eyes though are more puppy like rather than wolf like sadly. But I hear when I'm mad I'm scary. I don't really like sharing this though, only because I don't want to scare anyone or be teased... The worst thing about being a werewolf though is... Living in fear that I am going to turn into werewolf and hurt someone I love or care about... That's the worst feeling... I would only tell my secret to people I trust greatly and no one else. Besides that I'm just like everyone else I love to dance, sing, draw, and I care about people. I may have some differences but we're all the same inside. I wanna be the reason somebody smiles, I don't wanna be a source of fear. I know this for sure considering one of my friends are a Dhampir, Winter Wolfhartz. She's awesome and sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly! Maybe I'll Gemima... But for now this stays a secret between the school and me...
Thank you,
Junhee Kim
Lahinch Clare County, Ireland
IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT:
Stats- STAMINA:6 | EVASION:4 | STRENGTH: 5 | WISDOM:6 | ARCANE POWER:4 | ACCURACY: 5
511 word count
Be the reason somebody smiles today
Last edited by Junhee Kim on 8 Feb 2022, 21:50, edited 3 times in total.
20 Jan 2022, 15:37
Link to your encyclopedia thread:Here!!!
Name of Ability or Race that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
STATS:(For Human)
Stamina: 6 Evasion: 5 Strength: 8 Wisdom: 5 Arcane power: 5 Accuracy: 6
(For Metamorphmagus)
Stamina: 5 Evasion: 4 Strength: 8 Wisdom: 4 Arcane power: 4 Accuracy: 5

Description why this fits my character:
Natasha's mother was in the family line of Stilinski before marrying her husband.
Stilinski's was a wizarding family, that lived happily with their abilities in England. Both Watson and Marenna (Natasha Schneider's Grandparents) completed their education in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. They fell in love with each other even after being in different houses. Watson belonged to Gryffindor while Marenna belonged to Hufflepuff. Both Watson and Marenna had the ability of Metamorphmagus, which made them fall with one and another. Both worked in the 'Ministry of magic' together as a Hit Wizard and a Hit Witch (A Hit Wizard and a Hit Witch is a member of the Magical Law Enforcement Squad that are trained to deal with highly dangerous combat situations, such as high-risk arrests, riot controls and presumably, hostage situations.)

Later, they got married and settled as a Metamorphmagus family. They lived happily amidst the danger. They gave birth to a beautiful girl baby, Malia Stilinski, Natasha's Aunt. After 4 years they welcome another girl baby into their beautiful family, Melissa Stilinski-Natasha's Mother.
Melissa was also a Metamorphmagus like her parents and her sister.
Natasha was so eager in knowing about the wizarding world and her family tree. Her mother explained it to her. This is what Natasha understood,
Every witch and wizard in the magical world belonged to a race, Human, Dhampir, Metamorphmagus, Parselmouth, Part Giant, Part Goblin, Seer, Part-Veela, Werewolf. And her family blood was Metamorphmagus.

Her grandmother and grandfather were both Metamorphmagis. So, her mom acquired the ability from both her parents. The family acquired this race for nearly 5-6 generations, which her mom was not sure. That was because they married only wizards or witches, but her both grandparents were both belonging to the same race made this more perfect for her. Her mother was the first person in nearly 10 generations to marry a muggle, but still her grandmother accepted it. Now Natasha will also get that ability even after being a half-blood.
Melissa made sure that her children are safe during those ages when they didn't know how to control their ability. But soon after her son-Noah Schneider (Natasha's brother) left to Hogwarts, her burden was reduced to half. Yet she was so careful with her daughter because her first instant of magic took place at the edge when she was about to be 8. Natasha was so happy to know that she also belong to that family race. She was just a child not knowing what she was capable of.

During family gatherings, her aunt-Malia Stilinski used to change her appearance and made Noah and Natasha laugh.Even her mother joined her sister, this made Smith astonished but still he enjoyed it. Natasha would accompany her father to the library after her brother left to Hogwarts, her mother forced herself to go along with them because she was scared about the muggles finding the truth about her daughter and her family.
WC:548
Mod edit: Student was asked to owl once in Index and stats were missing. Including it back after it got deleted.
Last edited by Natasha Schneider on 18 Feb 2022, 09:14, edited 4 times in total.

There is a big difference between not being able to live without someone and loving them.
23 Jan 2022, 14:31
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Parselmouth
Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
Gemini loved to spend time outside. There was no surprise she was found in the back garden on a warm July day. She had been there since the sun rose. She enjoyed watching the sun peak over the trees. Her parents liked when she spent time in the garden, they could watch to make sure she didnt get into any trouble through one of the many Windows of the hiuse.

Gemini's little brother Isaac had followed her outside. She was eight and he was six. She loves exploring with him, their sister busy getting ready for school. Gemini was the normal one in the family to cause trouble. Isaac wanted to cause trouble that day by scaring Gemini with a grass snake he found in a compost been.

"Its going to get you Gem."

Gemini did not give the boy the response he wanted. She could hear the snake hissing and complaining where she was.

"Put it down. You're going to hurt it."

She glared at the boy as he stopped in front of her. He gave her a glare of his own. She was not afraid of a snake so there was no point chasing hee.

"Give it to me."

She held her hands out and glared at the boy as he glared back at her. He was not happy. She was prepared when he stopped the snake in her hands and ran in the house to complain about her being mean to him. She didn't care and brought the snake to her face slightly. She looked at it close.

/You are safe now.\

She spoke to the snake gently. It calmed down a smidge. Gemini watched as it raised its head and looked at her. She wasn't scared of it though.

/Put me down... I don't like thisssss... Bad human...\

She gave the snake a surprised look. She could understand it.

/Can you understand me?\

She questioned thinking it was her imagination. She looked close at the snake as it turned to look at her.

/Bad human... Put me down... Don't like human... Human annoying\

She glared at the snake as it called her annoying. She asked if other questions. It only gave a response of her being a bad human. She was surprised when she heard her father ask a question from behind her. He was sitting at a picnic table.

"You are talking to the snake aren't you."

He question Gemini as she gave him a sheepish smile. She held her hands out.

"Can you hear her dad? Is she annoyed?"

She watched as her father shook his head. She was afraid he would think she was pretending it was talking. He didn't seem surprised though.

"No but you can, can't you?"

She shook her head he's surprised he believed her. She had pretended to speak to animals before. There wasn't much of a difference now.

"I think it is called parselmouth. You can understand and speak to snakes. I can't understand a word you say when you speak it. It isn't the first time I've heard it though. Your great-grandmother was a parselmouth. Your uncle is too. Your great-grandmother always had a snake with her. No one knows where in the family it started. We think it was a long time ago."

She looked at her father while holding the snake happily. She wanted to keep it for herself. She saw a small glare from her father though. Gemini took the snake back to the compost been.

/Bye little snake. See you later.\

The snake glared at her and slithered away.

/No touch human... No see again.\

She watched the snake move away. Her father looking at her with a smile. She was special and just like her great-grandmother.

Word Count: 624
IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE:
Old- stamina: 7| evasion: 5| strength: 7| wisdom: 7| arcpower: 6| accuracy: 3

New- stamina: 5| evasion: 5| strength: 6| wisdom: 5| arcpower: 6| accuracy: 3

Registration application is just waiting approval

23 Jan 2022, 19:52
Link to your encyclopedia thread: see signature
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: binding mark
Reducio
Winter was never a people person and yet she can not stand the idea of being alone, in a way it scares her more than anything else in life. She lost her parents and hates to think that she would lose others in her life so she always keeps them close. Her aunt told her of an ability a few wizard friends of hers had, it was called the binding mark. At first, she was confused by this being she had never heard of such a thing but with further explanation, she finally understood. Patricia, her aunt had explained that the feeling was different to each that would get it but in her case, it was simple pins and needles feeling.

Her aunt had been marked by a friend of hers and so she showed her the mark, it was a tattoo sort of mark, a full moon was placed on her ankle."The mark can be whatever you choose but it must be relevant to you in some sort of way, for example, the one who gave me this mark is a werewolf" her aunt had explained most of it to her and by then winter had been getting the point of it. Her cousin who was fond of things like such lent her some books and when she saw the words she immediately began reading on how it was performed and what the consequences of it were. A simple mark on the body was nothing to be concerned about, right? it could be considered quite cool.

Sure everyone had owls to send and receive letters from their friends and or family but winter was so tired of the simple writing, she missed seeing them in person, HEARING them in person. This ability was just what she needed and she wished she had known about it sooner. This amazing mark would allow as many people as you wished to telepathically communicate with you, she already spoke with a close friend at school whom she knew she could trust and so as her aunt did, she explained everything. It was a simple processor so it seemed to be, her friend, a willing participant told her to go for it and so that is just what she would do. Winter was wondering who in this wonderful wizarding world would come up with such a thing, though she would never judge instead she was quite glad that they had for it was leading to something new in her life, something useful.

Winter was dedicated to making this dream into a reality and she would do all she was required to make it so
Wc: 441
25 Jan 2022, 05:17
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:

Ability 2: Perfectionist II
Reducio
It is quite a common knowledge that Alexis is a perfectionist, anyone who know her would know that. At home, she always make sure that everything is as she envisioned it to be, her paintings, her music, her movement on the ice, to name a few. The past year at Hogwarts only solidified that fact. She always picks up on the slightest mistakes others made and often try to fix them herself. She believes that no one can do it better than herself, and maybe that’s arrogant, but it is what motivate her and push her to do the best in every task given to her.

Being her own worst critique, she often ridiculed herself for not performing up to her own standards. Going back home on breaks to her two amazing elder brothers and her successful parents made her even more determined to make them proud, have them praise her, and trust her. It was her goal to repay them everything they have done fore her.

At school, she always feel the need to be ahead of her peers. She would work harder in classes, constantly comparing her work with other’s that she perceived to be adequate. She never allowed herself to make mistakes, especially not in front of people’s eyes, the thought alone scared her so much she would rather lose sleep and free time to ensure that she would be just as perfect if not more in her next class. Time spent practicing her spell’s incantation, practicing her wand moving, or memorising important information instead of hanging out with friends is all worth it in her eyes.

Maybe it is not rational to be holed up in the library study what she might have missed in her lessons, but it is what she loves. She craves knowledge because she believes knowledge is power. Quiet library full of interesting books is her safe haven and why would she pass up on such a wonderful opportunity to learn when she had come to Hogwarts, a place full of history and knowledge. She spent most of her time getting her hand on any book she could find, be it spells, jinxes, hexes, potion, history, or magical creatures. She finds them all fascinating.

And she will be sure the make to best of her future years at Hogwarts to perfect anything that comes her way. With her passion and ambition to be the best version of herself she can be, she has no doubt in her mind that she will succeed in whatever she has set her mind to.

WC : 428

Ability 3: Beast Master (bunny)
Reducio
Alexis grew up without any pet of her own but since she always stay with her elder brothers, Arthur and Anthony, she always play with their’s and she became surprisingly good with them. Both animals loves her and her family likes to joke that she’s everyone in the family’s favourite and there’s no way that doesn’t apply to the animals as well.

Before coming to Hogwarts, Alexis wanted a pet of her own but sadly, she hadn’t been able to find her perfect companion in time for her 1st year neither did she before her 2nd year. She was pretty disappointed but her mother said that it’s better to wait for the right one that she felt connected to rather than just pick one randomly, that and playing with her brothers’ pet helped her feel a lot better. Though, she couldn’t help but feel a little sad as she watch other students bring their own pet around the school, she settled for studying ahead and reading books about animals, magical creatures or not, in hope that one day she would be a perfect owner of her future little pet.

A week before her 3rd year started, Alexis was strolling down the Diagon Ally when she felt a gravitational force pulling her towards the Magical Menagerie and that day, completely unexpected and unforeseen, she walked out of that shop with the perfect little bunny she has been waiting for and she knows that she is totally prepared to take care of her pet with the knowledge she has accumulated over the years.

Her bunny is small and quite timid by nature but as time passed the small creature has grown comfortable with her and started to show off it’s agility and hopping skill that never fail bring a smile to her face. Alexis try to keep her tiny friend as close to her as possible, due to its size it could be vulnerable to other pets, especially that Hogwarts is full of different kind of animals. Alexis would always kept her bunny in the pocket of her robe as she walked down the long hallways of Hogwarts, only letting the bunny down in her dorm, outside to let it play, or in the cage at night.

As she cared for her pet, other animals also grew more comfortable with her as well. Perhaps her family isn’t entirely wrong when they said animals must have loved her as well.

WC : 407

♕︎ colour = #18196b ♕︎
| Stamina : 6 | Evasion : 8 | Strength : 5 | Wisdom : 10 | Arcane Power : 8 | Accuracy : 8 |
28 Jan 2022, 04:03
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Nessie Swansea
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Seer
WC: 536/500
Reducio
Nessie Swansea is the daughter of Leona Bird and Valerian Swansea. Both the Bird and Swansea families have magical lineage stretching back generations, though neither family considers themselves pureblood - muggles and muggleborns are scattered through the family tree, and regardless neither family would covet the elitist label even if it did apply. In fact, as magical families go, both sides of the family are relatively unremarkable, with one exception: the Swansea family has produced the occasional Seer across the generations.

However, this fact has been kept well-concealed from Nessie. The most recent Seer in the family was her great-grandfather Swansea. A couple years after Nessie was born, he made a prophecy regarding upcoming doom for Nessie's parents, Valerian and Leona. Eager to protect their daughter from the impending danger, the couple left Nessie in the care of her great-aunt Lulu and have not been seen or heard from since. Those in the family have whispered behind closed doors about the disappearance of the Seer's grandson and his wife, wondering whether the couple did in fact meet their doom, or whether they have brought about the doom themselves in leaving behind their only child. As such, Lulu has kept Nessie away from the family and their speculations, and Nessie has had a relatively sheltered childhood.

A few years after making the prophecy, Nessie's great-grandfather passed away, so there are currently no known Seers in the family. The family gossip surrounding Nessie's parents has quieted down, but Nessie hasn't seen most of the extended family since she was a baby - a combination of Lulu's protectiveness and the family's association of Nessie with the prophecy concerning her parents. No one is aware yet that Nessie possesses a talent for Seeing, not even Nessie herself. Admittedly, Aunt Lulu has always been overprotective of Nessie, fearful that the danger of the prophecy regarding her parents might come for her too - and yet these expectations have been defied at every turn. Lulu has been vigilant in watching Nessie for danger, but has not found any cause for worry yet.

Surprisingly, Nessie's luck has been far from what might be expected of someone growing up in the shadow of forecasted danger. Rather, she has had numerous unexceptional incidents of seemingly good fortune - but they have been so few and far between that neither Nessie nor her great-aunt have noticed the pattern, especially as Lulu has been keeping a close eye for bad luck specifically.

In fact, one would need to pay very close attention to a variety of scattered incidents to notice that Nessie is showing subtle signs of being a Seer: uncanny luck in card games, unusually good reflexes when it comes to catching anything her aunt drops, and a surefootedness in her movements as well as a noticeable lack of tripping and falling. There has not been any one moment to suggest Nessie may have talents beyond those of an ordinary witch her age, and she isn't even aware of the history of Seeing in her family, so she hasn't any idea that she might be a Seer.

Unless someone else puts the pieces together, Nessie's talent is likely to go unnoticed until her abilities manifest further.

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
OLD: STA 7 | EVA 8 | STR 1 | WIS 7 | ARC 5 | ACC 7
NEW: STA 6 | EVA 7 | STR 0 | WIS 7 | ARC 3 | ACC 7
Last edited by Nessie Swansea on 29 Jan 2022, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
28 Jan 2022, 12:16
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Link
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Perfectionist (1)
Reducio
Aurelius had learned the value of preciseness from a young age.

Even before Hogwarts.

Being born into a pure-blood family, one that was well-regarded and olden, there had been expectations. Those expectations had been exacting, especially from an overbearing father - Kenneth Leeds - who demanded nothing but the very, absolute best from his offspring. His mother, Margaret, was a little kinder but still expressed supportive views of her husband. After all, the level of prestige presented by a son was important in some social castes, and the Wizarding pure-bloods were some of the most merciless.

Yet, that lesson wasn't provided by his father or mother. At least not directly. Since, Aurelius was the second born son of the Leeds family, which meant that his older brother - Sebastian - was considered the rightful inheritor of the family name, destined to become the next patriarch. This meant Aurelius had - essentially - been disregarded; he was the 'second son', the less important one, and the focus had always been on the eldest.

And for members of the Leeds family, there were two paths in life, two expectations: to become powerful Aurors or to become influential socialites. The more canny of the Leeds line were able to do both. Still, the life path for both brothers was outlined, before birth, and Aurelius was required to simply 'do well' - he was little more than a spare.

That didn't suit Aurelius.

Despite his father's feelings toward Aurelius, the Leeds family provided the best tutors and educators, as was proper. The youngest son took those opportunities, he maximized his time with each teacher, and he began to delve heavily into the pre-Hogwarts curriculum. Not only did Aurelius want to improve his knowledge, he wanted to show he was more than a spare behind the heir, and was determined to establish himself by his own standard. And, of course, it helped immensely that Aurelius was intelligent and had willpower bordering on outright stubbornness..

Mathematics, reading, writing, languages - particularly Latin - as well as history, humanities and social studies, arts, physical education; rudimentary herbology, rune translations, magical creature biology, algebra, magical history, social civics, geography, ancient geology... it didn't matter what it was, Aurelius dedicated himself to learning it. He wanted to absorb every ounce of information from his teachers, and even began to study in his own time, to force his tutors to advance the lessons and chapters.

Aurelius' life had become a cacophonous mixture of endless text study, countless hours of lecturing, and numbing years of practical applications. He was detail driven, exacting everything taught, remembering precise technicalities and particulars; it was important to him, personally, to excel in every conceivable way, to prove his parents wrong about how they treated him. Strenuous amounts of notations were exact, fake-wand movement preparations were perfected, his Latin was flawless and his personal quarters had come to resemble something of a personal library - books, paper, tomes all stacked neatly in organized piles, much filled in by Aurelius himself.

By the time the invitation to Hogwarts arrived, Aurelius had single-handedly driven his home-school education beyond any expectation of his family members, exceeding them in all things prior to Hogwarts. But he didn't plan to stop there; no, Aurelius had his sights set on becoming both an Auror and head of the Leeds family, and was determined to put just as much effort - if not more - into his magical studies at Hogwarts. His studies would be exact, his notations perfect, his effort extraordinary!

With his attitude that of a true perfectionist, Aurelius would excel.

At any cost.

Word Count: 603
In regards to your deleted app, please be aware that we do still not allow relationships to canon characters, which includes being a descendant of none other than Salazar Slytherin.
29 Jan 2022, 02:56
Link to your encyclopedia thread: My Ency
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Wandmaker
Reducio
Sylvie’s growing erratic nature and ways of thinking don’t often make much sense to her and leave her at odds with herself. Sometimes, the things that she knows are wrong, she can’t help but feel drawn to do, despite her conscience poking at her not to. The things she does out of the good of her heart, people never seem to take as such. It leaves her feeling confused, and oftentimes, at war with her own mind.
WOOD : MAYHAW
77/50
Reducio
Despite being a tender, protective individual to those who she chooses to speak to on the regular. There was always something about the wild and dangerous that captivated Sylvie. From getting herself into trouble, to fixating on the more volatile of spells found within her text books, It gives her a rush of adrenaline that she can’t get enough of. The growing seed of something uncomfortable and dreadful that sowed itself into Sylvie at some point in her youth could have something to do with it, but right now, she just thinks it’s quirky.
CORE: ROUGAROU HAIR
94/50
Reducio
LOUD LOUD LOUD! Whenever this girl is around, there’s bound to be a “shh,” from somewhere. It’s not her fault she’s got such a tendency for the extravagant… Right? Her melodramatic nature and a range of moods that she often feels en-masse makes her a bit much to be around when she gets into such headspaces.

Not to mention her drive to make everything she does as eye-catching as possible. Be that bad or good.
LENGTH: 32.5
75/50
Reducio
It isn’t in Sylvie’s nature to be like stone. The hardness simply isn’t in her code, despite the stubbornness she can exhibit sometimes. She’s entirely open to changing her ways of thinking, or even sometimes herself, if someone manages to convince her well enough. That in and of itself is not an extremely hard task. Her moldable and adaptable nature, she finds, is what people enjoy about her the most sometimes.
FLEXIBILITY: SWISHY
71/50
HOW IT WAS OBTAINED
Reducio
“It-... It broke.” Sylvie muttered under her breath. Her head hung low on her shoulders as she stood before her mother.

“Are you kidding me? That wand was entirely too expensive as is, Sylvie! How are we going to replace that?” In her hands were the poorly taped and wrapped pieces of a wand- Sylvie’s wand. She’d broken it. Of course she did. Likely having sat on it, tripped over it, fell on it…

It was never fun to be scolded, and the headstrong Sylvie was not exempt from the discomfort of a wagging finger to the face and a frown upon a parent’s visage. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt as her mom ranted on about how the two of them would have to find a wand maker, how they’d have to spend hours picking out the perfect one. Time that could have been spent working. Jeez, she was really getting an earful, and honestly she was starting to zone out.

“First thing tomorrow,” Her mother said, her sharp tone snapping Sylvie back to reality. “We find you a new wand. To bed with you.” Ah. Good news! And then not so great news. What kind of thirteen year old gets put in a time out? Her, she supposed. Trudging up to her room, she tried to lift her spirits. After all- tomorrow was the start of a new journey with a new friend! A friend that she, hopefully, wouldn’t snap this time…

The morning after was… Definitely a journey, to say the least. A successful one would not be the way Sylvie would have described it, however. Her mother’s side of the family had their own, wonderful wand maker that, unfortunately, was based in Ireland, much too far away from home to be a viable option. So, her mother went and found a local wand maker to shop from. Wand after wand didn’t feel… Right, to Sylvie. A gorgeous silver lime wand with a core of unicorn hair did nothing as she held it in her hands. The cool looking wand with knobbly oak wood and wampus hair seemed dull and drab as she grasped it, nothing coming forth in a show of acceptance. It was… Discouraging. As the day drew on, her mother’s irritation only grew. They ended up going home, empty handed.

“None of them worked for you? Are you positive?”

“Yes- I mean, I think so. They didn’t feel right…”

Her mother fell silent for just a moment. “I have my wand from when I was a child; it’s still in good condition. I wasn’t planning on giving it away, but you can’t simply be wandless a week before you return to school. That would embarrass me.” With that, she disappeared behind her parent’s bedroom door.

Once she emerged, Sylvie’s eyes fell upon a sleek metal box, colored in a grayish-green. Her mother opened it, revealing a wand well cared for. “This was my second wand. It’s made of Mayhaw wood and has a core of rougarou hair.”

Sylvie had never heard of that core before. Tentatively, she reached out to grasp it, lifting it gingerly from its box. It was beautiful… It gave her butterflies in her stomach, a fuzzy feeling greeting her as glittering light emitted from the wand rested in her hand. This was the one. This one was special, for numerous reasons. This match would make her mother proud, it seemed, as a small, knowing smile spread across her face.
581/200

Sylvie O'Niell
• STA. 10, EV. 6, STR. 5, WIS. 9, AP. 13, ACC. 9
• Hex: #900000