Register
Sign in

26 Aug 2021, 18:10
Eleanor Talpin - Hufflepuff - First year
Eleanor Marie Talpin

Hufflepuff

Wand: 24,1 cm elm wood and unicorn hair
Bendy, well balanced, perfect for wizards with hidden talents.
11 years old, first year
Birthday: 10th of September, 2009
Species: human
Sexual orientation: unknown
Patronus: unknown
Boggart: unknown
Amortentia: unknown I'm thinking campfire
Personality: loyal | kind | resourceful | creative | impulsive | logical thinker | curious
Grades:
Reducio
Year One
Charms:
Potions:
Transfiguration:
Defence Against the Dark Arts:
History of Magic:
Astronomy:
Herbology:
Flying:
Description:
Reducio
Eleanor has long, dark brown, wavy hair, dark brown eyes, and fair skin. She's 145cm tall and average weight. Before attending Hogwarts she always seemed to be somewhat dirty from playing outside, and as her family was never particularly well off, her clothing is quite worn and limited, but all practical for an outdoor lifestyle.

Eleanor is resourceful and creative but can be shortsighted and impulsive when pursuing a goal. She's a great logical thinker and very curious. She's absent-minded, a bit forgetful, and often finds herself overlooking important details. She's easily frustrated, though not easily angered, especially when faced with her own faults and shortcomings. She's kind and a loyal friend. She can be a bit naïve. She values friendship, fairness, compassion, and honesty. Her favourite colour is green.
Before Hogwarts:
Reducio
Eleanor is an only child and was raised by her mother and grandfather in the Talpin family home in London.

As her mother worked during the week, she, her grandfather, and their dog spent many hours and sometimes days in the forest behind their house. He taught her to forage, fish, and hunt. He taught her how to make toys and shelter from what she could find in the forest. On the weekends Eleanor was homeschooled by her mother. Much of her remaining free time was spent with other children from the surrounding neighbourhoods.

Eleanor was very good friends with some of the children, but many of them thought she was very odd. Very strange things happened around Eleanor and though she knew perfectly what it was she knew she was not allowed to tell anyone. There was also the fact that she would not bring anyone home with her, and her family seemed strange to them. Many of them kept their distance by the time Eleanor was ten, and she often wondered how different things would have been had she lived around other wizard children.

At home, Eleanor was happy, most of the time. Her relationship to her mother, Rosalina, was always good but not amazing, or anything. It was good, they loved each other, but her mother worked long hours and they often wouldn't see each other for days. And when she was home she was always tired, and Eleanor could tell even when she tried to hide it. Her grandfather, Theodore, was another matter. A few weeks every summer they would go camping for several days. Those were Eleanor's favourite memories; toasting marshmallows on the campfire, her grandfather telling her stories from when he was younger, crafting makeshift bows and having an archery competition. When they weren't out in the woods she didn't see him as often. He was an author and spent many hours in the office, writing. Eleanor was always welcome to join him there, but it was boring and she preferred to play with her friends.

Her first instance of magic was when she was a toddler. She was in her crib and her pacifier had fallen on the floor. She began crying and then the pacifier suddenly appeared in her hands. Her mother entered the room seconds later and Eleanor, tired and confused, told her what happened. She seemed very happy and hugged and kissed her daughter, but Eleanor decided she just wanted to go to sleep.
Hogwarts Year 1:
Reducio
TBA
OOC Notes:
Reducio
I have ADHD and as I experience the world differently because of it I don't think I'll be able to write as a neurotypical character at this time. Eleanor will therefore also have ADHD but she doesn't know this so I won't mention it explicably in RP. Common symptoms in children with ADHD include inattentiveness, impulsivity, and hyperactivity. Young girls will very often mask their symptoms, and hyperactivity is often much less noticeable. This also affects schoolwork, because inattentiveness + reading comprehension issues + memory issues is a bad combo for school, so I'll be taking that into account throughout the school year.
Another symptom of ADHD is excessive talking, and in my case, over-explaining. Can you tell? :)
Last edited by Eleanor Talpin on 5 Sep 2021, 00:52, edited 11 times in total.

26 Aug 2021, 18:14
RP Index:

Year 1:
Reducio
Dear Ms Talpin
The Talpin home in West London, 17 July 2021.
Eleanor receives her Hogwarts acceptance letter.

A New Beginning
Platform 9 3/4 and the Hogwarts Express, 1 September 2021.
Eleanor meets Della Barfield on the Express.

The Sorting Ceremony
The Great Hall, 1 September 2021
Eleanor is sorted into Hufflepuff.

The Hufflepuff Table
The Great Hall, 1 September 2021
TBA

Her New Home
The Badger Bungalow, 1 September 2021
Eleanor picks the Badger Bungalow as her dorm.

The Worst Kind of Class
Herbology Class, early September 2021
Eleanor meets Clair Fernandez.

Last edited by Eleanor Talpin on 2 Sep 2021, 23:19, edited 7 times in total.

26 Aug 2021, 18:22
Friends
Acquaintances
Enemies
Gryffindors
Reducio
Della Barfield [1] [x]
Reducio
Catherine Labrouder [x]
Reducio
None yet
Hufflepuffs
Reducio
None yet
Reducio
None yet
Reducio
None yet
Ravenclaws
Reducio
None yet
Reducio
Clair Fernandez [1]
Reducio
None yet
Slytherins
Reducio
None yet
Reducio
Cassandra Ironwoods [x]
Maggie Hawkins [x]
Reducio
None yet
Last edited by Eleanor Talpin on 2 Sep 2021, 23:20, edited 3 times in total.

27 Aug 2021, 22:27
What's this page?
Reducio
Currently just Student ID photos for each year. I might add clothing style or other pictures later?
This is a link to the face generator I used. You can see how she'd look at any age, but most other changes like hair or skin will change other features too, or they just look kinda weird. Except for adding grey hair and hair loss for when they get old, that looks alright.
Year 1
Reducio
Year 2
Reducio
Year 3
Reducio
Year 4
Reducio
Year 5
Reducio
Year 6
Reducio