16 Apr 2021, 19:39
Aldor Humbleglow - Second Year - Hufflepuff
Full name: Aldor Amadeus Humbleglow

House: Hufflepuff

Wand: 29,9 cm cherry wood and unicorn hair

School Year: Second Year

Patronus: N/A

Species: Human
Last edited by Aldor Humbleglow on 8 Jul 2021, 17:32, edited 4 times in total.

"Hope Is The Only Thing Stronger Than Fear."

16 Apr 2021, 20:56
Before Hogwarts

Aldor was born and grew up in Dublin, Ireland, at this time, the boy never really payed too much attention to the fact that his parents and older brother were always working, and his sister Shauna was always out with her friends, even when she was supposed to be taking care of Aldor, for that same reason, the boy spent most of the time on his own, building things with Legos or playing with the many plastic figures of dragons and other animals that he had.

His father, Tadeus Humbleglow, was proud of the fact that his son became interested in magic as soon as he turned 5. The man was a squib, who always hoped that at some point, at least one of his children would show their first instance of magic, with his first two children, nothing happened, but Tadeus did not give up, and always told his wife that Aldor was going to be the one who would turn into a great wizard like his aunt. His wife was never happy with this idea, for reasons that were unknown to Aldor and his siblings, she hated wizards, but of course, this didn't change the fact that one day, her son finally showed his first instance of magic.

One day, Aldor was playing out in the garden without any supervision. He tripped and fell face first while running, hurting his nose to the point of causing it to bleed, probably indicating that he broke his nose, as soon as his family heard him crying, they went to help him, as the family did the best to stop the bleeding and the kid kept crying, water started dripping from the ceiling. After a few minutes of trying to get Aldor's nose bleed to stop and trying to calm him down, a storm started inside the house, gettting the whole family soaked and terrified, Aldor's father was absolutely sure that he even heard thunder. Soon, when they realised how bad the wound was, they took Aldor to the hospital not exactly sure of what to do with the house, they would have to solve that the next few weeks after Aldor's little incident.

While his siblings and father were impressed and happy that he was actually showing his first instance of magic, his mother was incredibly irritated, she told Aldor's father that she would not accept that one of her own children was one of those horrible wizards, getting to the point of telling him to give Aldor in adoption, saying that Aldor had some sort of sickness that they couldn't handle at their home, but his father knew best, and called Aldor's aunt, asking for her to take the child and let him grow in a safe enviorment.

The rest of Aldor's years before he got his letter weren't so bad, of course, he missed his family and even forgot how his parents looked, but he was fine, he had a nice life at his aunt's home, with all the books he could read, learning new things on a daily basis, but the lack of an actual parental figure was tearing him apart. He was scared, he wanted to go back home, but he didn't want to see his mother ever again, she gave him away like he was nothing, this made Aldor question morality for a while.

Nowdays, Aldor has grown up a bit, both morally and phisically, and even though he is still quite shy, he became much more kind and wise, getting new friends and learning about life with his new allies.

Strangely, the memory he appreciates the most throughout the years is what he was told when he was given his wand, the fact that it was flexible and was attracted by the naturally lucky wizards. Even to this day, Aldor isn't sure that he is a lucky wizard, but he keeps it in mind, and he is very grateful for those words.
Last edited by Aldor Humbleglow on 30 Sep 2021, 18:09, edited 7 times in total.

16 Apr 2021, 21:35
Physical and Mental Description

Aldor is shorter than most people his age, barely reaching the height of many of the other students in Second Year, he is quite pale, not to the point of looking sick or looking like a Dhampir. After his First Year in Hogwarts, he began developing a bit of muscular mass, making his shoulders a little wider and having a narrow waist, which is not very easy to notice considering most of the time he wears baggy clothing.

His skin is very soft, but somehow always cold. His face is rather attractive, with some freckles sprinkled across it. He has a nose that is small and delicate, its bridge is straight, but not too wide, in fact, all of his features seem to be quite soft compared to most of the other boys his age, his cheeks give a sort of cute look to his face, instead of being sharp, they are a bit rounder and make his face have a nice proportion. With dark green eyes and long ginger hair, he usually stands out a bit among others.

His voice is very quiet, almost like a whisper, but firm. For some reason that no one can really explain he smells like freshly cut grass and pine trees, pretty neat!

Aldor loves books, and has always wanted to be a detective, he finds it easy to compile information in a short amount time, usually taking his skill and practicing it, making a summary of every single book he reads. He learns things faster than other kids, he always craves for knowledge and is quite smart.

Even though he has all of those possitive atributes, he finds it hard to make new friends, he can be very timid at first and he doesn't find it easy to talk to new people, even though he hides this with a serious face and a dull attitude. This and the fact that he sort of dislikes most physical contact, makes it hard to be friends with him at first.

Even with all of this, he loves the few friends he has, and has proved many times in the past that he will do anything to keep his friends safe, and will always do his best to be there when they need him. Even though he has an appeal to dark and scary things, he is quite gentle and pure hearted. He might come up as intimidating sometimes, but just like a spider, he is more scared of you than you are scared of him.

If you manage to take him out of his shell, you will find a really joyful kid with a wonderful smiles and enjoys hugs, a kid that is content with his present and has high hopes for his future,

Wardrobe

If Aldor isn't wearing his Hufflepuff robes, he will most likely be wearing dark clothes, except for some exceptions in which he walks around with pastel colored shirts. It always seems like he doesn't really care much about the way he looks at all, there are some exceptions to this, when he actually tries to make an effort to look fancy.

The three things that never change in his outfit are the necklace that he always carries around his neck, he calls it 'The Friendship Necklace', since he gave one that looks exactly the same as his to his best friend, Rose Moon; a bracelet with the shape of a dragon, which was gifted to him by Henry Knight. And a set of scarfs that his girlfriend had knitted for him.

Reducio

Dragons
Mandrakes

Candy
Pure Blood Supremacists

Books
Wasps (He is allergic)

Taking naps at the lake
His mother

Talking to his best friend
Hand shakes

Acromantulas and any sort of spider
Clams

Making costumes
Crowds

Heavy Metal

Unicorns

Allignment: Chaotic good

Amortentia: The smell of old books, freshly baked apple pie and Bronze Orange Tulips.

Boggart: A strange shadow resembling a tall horrible monster with his mother's voice. It follows him relentlesly, shouting all the reasons why he will never find a place where he belongs, reminding him that one day, he will lose everything, and he will be all alone.

Mirror of Erised: His siblings and friends spending time with him, together, as a family.

Thestrals: No, Aldor has not gotten to a point in life in which he can accept the reality of death, he lost his father recently, he has not accepted it, and won't, for a long time.
Last edited by Aldor Humbleglow on 25 Jan 2022, 18:38, edited 17 times in total.

16 Apr 2021, 21:40
Relationships

Aldor has never been good at making friends, but in Hogwarts, he has met quite a few people he considers interesting, although, some others were a bit rude and unlikable. Here are some of them, and a few comments on the people who influenced Aldor the most.

Gryffindor

Reducio
Rose Moon - Best Friend

''She is the closest thing I have to a sister, I haven't met someone with whom I felt so comfortable to simply- hug and share my thoughts as I did with Rose. I love her, she will always have a very special place in my heart''

Tory Williamson - Close Friend

''It was strange at first, Tory seemed to love books as much as I did, maybe even more, she seems to understand me quite well, even when we have our own different opinions''

Cosmo Keith - Close Friend

''Cosmo told me to sit at the Gryffindor table one night that I was all alone, she was really energetic, it was a little awkward at first, but nowdays we spend a lot of time together.''

Haley Rose - Friend

Paisley Brown - Acquaintance

Slytherin

Reducio
Henry Knight - Best Friend and Research Partner

''I met Henry at the lake, he is probably one of the smartest people i've known, I study with him often, maybe that's why we get along so well. It's hard to count the many times he has helped me in the past, but I care for him, a lot.''

Hildegard Schneider - Acquaintance

Natasha Choi - Negative Acquaintance

''Natasha was the first wizard I talked to, except for my aunt of course, she was anoying, she made me question if I deserved to be in Hogwarts, but I only encountered her twice, never seen her after that.''

Hufflepuff

Reducio
Paige Grant - Acquaintance

Kenna MacNeil - Acquaintance

Vivian Fletcher - Close Friend and Love Interest

''I asked Vivi out recently, it's complicated at times but it just- sort works. I still need to learn a bit more about relationships so I can make things work better for us, we are still young, but that's why I want to do my best to stay with her.''

Nikolai Dragos - Friend

''I met Nikolai the same day I met Vivian, he was nervous and fearful, he reminds me a little bit of myself, except he does seem to express his fears in more obvious ways than I do.''

Adlai Rod - Friend

''She is funny, we definetely don't have many things in common, but she seems to respect my personal space and quiet way of being.''

Dakota Olson - Friend

Winter Wolfhartz - Friend

Ravenclaw

Reducio
Elzabeth Gillan - Friend

Florence Ainsworth - Acquaintance

Samantha Salwis - Acquaintance

The Humbleglow

Reducio
Iphiane Humbleglow The Orchid

Aldor's aunt, she is quite known among wizards, mostly because of the wide collection of children's books she writes, she is a lovely person who was always there for Aldor, even when his parents decided to push him away, she was always there, and never left him, bassically turning into Aldor's only parental figure, even with all she did for him, she was never able to fill Aldor's need for parents.

When she isn't writting books, she is usually helping those who come around to her home searching for help, Muggles and Wizards, whoever asks for safety will find it.

Thomas Bobellon The Hyacinth

Iphiane's fiance, he tries to be friends with Aldor so he can get used to him being around, but Aldor doesn't feel ready to have Iphiane give her attention to someone else than him, this causes him to feel quite angry.

Shauna Humbleglow The Dahlia

Aldor's older sister, even though she doesn't talk to Aldor very often she really cares for him, and is probably one of the people who worry the most about Aldor being on his own at Hogwarts.

Conor Humbleglow The Tulip

Aldor's oldest sibling, he constantly sends letters to Aldor, making sure he is alright, even though he was always busy when Aldor was a toddler, he always hoped that Aldor could be greater than any other Humbleglow.

Cara Humbleglow The Water Lily

Aldor's youngest sibling, she was born a few months after Aldor departed to Hogwarts, sadly, he hasn't had the chance to meet her in person.

Tadeus Humbleglow The Gladiolus (Deceased)

Aldor's father, a man of few words who barely expressed any emotions around others, he was the one who made sure that Aldor could be free to learn magic, Aldor was his pride and joy, and even in his last moments, his greatest wish was for Aldor to become a great wizard.

Helga Humbleglow Crown of Thorns (Dissapeared)

Aldor's mother, she is probably Aldor's greatest fear, she decided to abandon him as soon as he showed his first instance of magic, this left Aldor scarred, bassically making her the reason as to why he is so insecure, and to this day, he is still terrified of her.

Proffesors and Staff at Hogwarts

Reducio
-

The Order of Opaleye

Aldor doesn't know much about this group of people, Aldor has the theory that they are somehow linked to the Humbleglow and Knight families, and so, he began helping Henry knight with his own troubles with the Knights. Somehow, they always manage to get in contact with him, so far, he knows two of them, they call themselves with strange codenames, insisting that one day, Aldor should go with them, but he always rejects the invitation, saying he will think about it.

The first person calls himself Dakota Ironbelly, he first contacted Aldor by letters, writing riddles so he could solve them and manage to contact them once again, after he solved the first set of puzzles, he was told to wait for new instructions, eventually he told Aldor that another person would send him a letter soon.

The second calls herself Eleanor Horntail, she spends most of the time writing in a much more casual way to Aldor, it does not really seem like she is interested in testing's Aldor's skill as much as Dakota. In fact, she tends to ask how he is feeling, daily, and answers a few of the questions that Aldor has about them, but there has been a few things that she says that he will have to learn on his own.

He has not seen them in person just yet, but they keep saying that he will eventually meet them, saying that they will take him where he belongs, back home.
Last edited by Aldor Humbleglow on 18 Nov 2021, 20:12, edited 46 times in total.