DISLIKES
  • Not being listened to.
  • Flying. Quidditch.
    Anything broom
    related.
  • Rule-breaking.
  • A grade below E.
  • His father's secrecy.
Last edited by Gerald Fawkes on 12 May 2021, 14:33, edited 69 times in total.

Gerald T. Fawkes

14 May 2020, 17:17
Gerald Fawkes・Second Year・Slytherin

Gerald is sorted into Slytherin, marking his first Hogwarts experience.

An acquaintance at Flourish & Blotts.

A bit of an argument with Callie Jensen over a very much wanted book.

Gerald meets Jack Burnett under compromising circumstances.

An encounter with Lindsey Springhall on a sunny-then-rainy evening.

In true Slytherin fashion, Gerald decides to tease Alec Mason for a little while before curfew.

Gerald stumbles upon Dealla's birthday party on his way to the Library.
Feel free to owl me if you want to rp!
Last edited by Gerald Fawkes on 30 Apr 2021, 23:28, edited 8 times in total.

Gerald T. Fawkes

14 May 2020, 20:16
f a m i l y
Leander Fawkes, father
[36] [Wizard] [Gryffindor]

First Fawkes to ever be sorted into Gryffindor; passionate and hot-headed. Gerald admires him deeply, though silently. He works as an Auror for the Ministry’s Law Enforcement Department. Cut off his parents and siblings at a very young age, due to a series of disputes and incidents. The many muggle-born and half-blood friends he made during his time at Hogwarts made him despise his pureblood family’s elitist standpoint regarding blood status.
Constance Fawkes, mother
[36] [Muggle]

She is a teacher in a secondary school. Calm and understanding, though she won’t open up about her emotions until severely nagged to do so. Usually, the strictest parent. Encourages Gerald to learn about the wizarding world, even if she’s not sure whether magic should be considered as a good thing at all.
h o g w a r t s
SLYTHERIN

[Slytherin will help you on your way to greatness]

Reducio
Ersa Murtaugh ∙ Acquaintance
Met her at Flourish and Blotts, a few weeks before the start of his first year. She definitely speaks her mind and Gerald supposes she might make a good friend.
GRYFFINDOR

[Their daring nerve and chivalry sets Gryffindor apart]

Reducio
HUFFLEPUFF

[Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil]

Reducio
Lindsey Springhall ∙ Acquaintance
Met her through Potions Class, officially started talking to her on a rainy afternoon at the Courtyard.
May Moonstar ∙ Acquaintance
Briefly encountered her for the first at Dealla Prince's birthday party.

RAVENCLAW

[Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure]

Reducio
Dealla Prince ∙ Acquaintance
Met her at her birthday party in the Courtyard. He got her name wrong and she didn't seem to take it too well.
Last edited by Gerald Fawkes on 8 May 2021, 12:25, edited 16 times in total.

Gerald T. Fawkes

24 Apr 2021, 13:25

CHAPTER I: A BOY FROM HARROWS GREENE

Harrows Greene, Coventry, is likely the most uneventful place in the whole of Britain. Decibels never raise above a polite fifty, and doors remain unlocked overnight. Residents keep two bags of sugar in their pantries: one for them, another should a neighbour come asking for some. Children play football in the street. Ladies gossip at the hair salon and in the butcher’s queue, about this royal or that actress or how Mary Jennings’ daughter got a nose piercing. They never talk about the Fawkes from number 332, though, because the Fawkes don’t give reasons to be talked about. Out of everyone in quiet, tedious Harrows Greene, it is the wizard family that goes the most unnoticed. Who would have thought.

Born on the third of May 2008, Gerald Fawkes is the only child of wizard Leander Fawkes and muggle Constance Woodrow. The moment he could talk, he went two or three years without stopping. His parents had to endure a painfully long phase of relentless questioning from young Gerald: “why can’t I see my eyes?”, “what is the name of the space between the bits that stick out on a comb?”, “how does Dad wash the dishes without touching them?”. Magic occupied a subtle spot in the backdrop of the Fawkes’ homelife. From time to time, Gerald was overcome with curiosity about the unexplainable things his father could do, and Leander would tell him tales of a school with many towers, very far away from Coventry, were kids were taught how to wash dishes without touching them and make the toaster work on its own. Then, as Gerald grew, the school in the tales was given a name: Hogwarts. And there were other places and things he was told about, too. Diagon Alley. Quidditch. On his eight birthday, Leander showed him the broom he kept in the attic and let him run around the house mounting it, pretending to fly. The more Gerald knew about his father’s world, the magic world, the less he seemed to care for the one he was living in. He grew quieter and more shut off in himself. He rarely played outside with the other children, and instead spent most of his time making pretend wands out of twigs and brewing grass and pinecone potions in the garden.

Never once had he doubted about his being a wizard, nor had his father, and confirmation arrived when, annoyed at his grandparents’ cat, he accidentally made its fur fall off completely at once. Shortly after the incident, the Hogwarts letter arrived in the mail. Even though he knew he’d miss his family, waving goodbye to Harrows Greene the day he left for King’s Cross was the easiest thing he’d ever done.
In terms of character, Gerald takes after both his parents. He is private about his feelings like his mother, passive-aggressive and sarcastic in his remarks very much like she is. His pride and utter inability to admit his faults, he inherited from his father. Firmly believes rules exist for a reason and must be followed without question; he can be quite insistent (to the point of annoyance) on that. He has always been told to be a remarkably smart child (despite certain moments of embarrassing naivety which should probably be attributed to his young age), and he’s pretty confident about it. One could rely on him to keep a secret unless said secret involves some sort of rule-breaking; he should definitely not be trusted with the latter sort of secret. He is utterly fascinated by the wizarding world, and every now and then, can’t help but feel a tinge of disdain for muggles and how they go about their lives ignoring such a thing as magic. For his mother, a muggle herself, he feels sorry. A childhood spent mostly indoors has resulted in rather unpolished socializing skills.
[5'2" / 158 cm][98 lbs / 44 kg][Blue eyes][Blond hair]

Regarding looks, some would say Gerald is the spitting image of his father. Not too tall or too skinny. Blond locks cloud his vision when not properly combed by the expert hands of his mother. Two small, droppy blue eyes wander curiously on either side of a short, straight nose. His ears, usually coloured an intense shade of red, stick out just a bit. If his skin were to get any paler, one might actually be able to see through it.
Last edited by Gerald Fawkes on 5 May 2021, 08:43, edited 8 times in total.

Gerald T. Fawkes

1 May 2021, 00:05

Gerald's personality dissected in TV Tropes
I. CONTROL FREAK
"I can be totally flexible. As long as everything
is exactly the way I want it, I'm totally flexible." It's either Gerald's way or Gerald's way.
II. DEADPAN SNARKER
"...Do I look like a Gryffindor to you?"
Unprompted passive-aggressive sarcasm is just one of Gerald's many gifts.
III. BOOK SMART
"I'm the smartest person I know." Gerald is not
making concessions when it comes to his supposedly Unrivaled Intellect™.
IV. EMOTIONALLY TONGUE-TIED
"I-I just-well, I mean–feelings". Socially awkward and emotionally incompetent, saying "hello" in the hallways is about as much human interaction as he can handle on a daily basis.

Gerald T. Fawkes