| Human
| Wizardborn
| Scottish
| Ravenclaw
| Three
| 20.5 cm cherry
wood & dragon heartstring
Reducio
Cherry is very rare wand wood that makes for a wand of strange power, most highly prized by the wizarding students of the school of Mahoutokoro in Japan, where cherry wand owners enjoy special prestige.
Sylvain's wand is powerful and capable of incredibly stylish magic, but it has yet to fully bond to the young mage, as he lacks the proper confidence in his capabilities. This lack of confidence also keeps Sylvain grounded and unable to fly currently. Being a fairly temperamental wand, sometimes Sylvain's spells will fail spectacularly when he disagrees with his own choices, which is something he is still learning to overcome.
────────────────
Born to a wizard family, but parted from them before any memories of them could set in, Sylvain grew up the oldest of two adopted children. His mothers, Robin and Gracie Indarys, are muggles, and exceptional people who didn't pay much attention to him at all. He often felt like he didn't belong in the muggle world. He recently reconnected with the only living relative he knows, Frazier Wyllt. Frazier is his uncle on his mother's side but Sylvain still took the family name.

Sylvain's natural curiosity was nurtured strongly as a toddler, and his preference for serenity in his environment lead to a strong sense of independence, as even from a very young age his interests were often thought odd by others. His knack for collecting uniquely interesting objects has on more than one occasion made people scratch their heads in wonder at how such a reserved and acutely aware child would end up with a pocket full of worms, or a shoe box with nothing but a dead bat inside. He'd explain that he just likes to collect the things that interest him most.

He hates being followed or chased after and if you want to make an enemy of him forever touch his personal belongings without his permission. To take from his collections without his express consent would be as harmful to him as any physical altercation would. Both, physical confrontation and theft are aspects of life Sylvain would prefer to avoid whenever possible. Sylvain believes that violence is pointless most of the time and that anything stolen should be returned as soon as possible.

Growing up the oldest of two, Sylvain never took much of an interest in his adoptive siblingm, preferring the isolation the attention on his sister warranted. As she came only shortly before his letter to Hogwarts arrived, they never had much of a chance to grow close, but he still wonders if she's alright from time to time. Her adoption came briefly before his first event of accidental magic. Sylvain had accidentally crushed the flowers his mother, Gracie, had been trying to clone in her greenhouse. The grief and shame caused the tears he shed on the plant caused the flower to be restored to its former glory, thus being the first indication of his potential as a wizard.
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│
█│

────
─────────────
“An eagle uses the
negative energy of
a storm to fly even
HIGHER.”
―Eric Thomas
─────────────Image─────────────
“If you light someone
else’s lamp, it will
brighten your path
ALSO.”
―Buddha
─────────────Image
Last edited by Sylvain Wyllt on 12 Oct 2022, 12:42, edited 42 times in total.

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." -Elim Garak

28 Mar 2020, 15:36
Sylvain Wyllt {:|:} Fourth Year {:|:} Ravenclaw

»»———APPEARANCE———➤
:𝙷𝙰𝙸𝚁⎯◯
A mess of brown side-swept
hair that never seems to be
under control.

:𝙴𝚇𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽⎯◯
Reducio
An awkward but endearing grimace that lets you know he's going to be alright.

Typically Sylvain looks like he's pondering something, pensively or perhaps obsessively. For those who catch him unaware he might come off as confused or stammering.

His smile is a small one, barely raising the corners of his mouth at his happiest. Often a wider smile shows he's enjoying the conversation, or signals that he's relaxed.

His nose wrinkles up when he becomes disgusted, which is most often at himself for his quick to flood feelings.

Whenever he finds something interesting or concerning, his eyebrows perk up, one before the other. He will roll his eyes when frustrated, and even become expressionless when shocked with disbelief.

He favors pinching the bridge of his nose when deepest in thought, and resting his head on his hands when his thoughts grow heavy.

:𝚂𝚃𝚈𝙻𝙴⎯◯
Reducio
Cozy Sweaters with the sleeves and collars chewed on just a bit.

When dressed casually, he looks like a young businessman.

He tries his best to keep an orderly appearance,
but is lazy with his fashion.

He keeps a pair of fancy shoes, as well as a pair of loafers with pennies in them. His favorite shoes are his boots for hiking.

His trusty satchel, is one of his most prized possessions.

:𝚆𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃⎯◯
46kg
◯⎯𝙷𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃:
150cm

◯⎯𝙴𝚈𝙴𝚂:
Loving eyes that
could only ever tell
the truth. Blue with
enough green to
make you look twice.
Eyebrows whose peaks
are curiosity and concern.

◯⎯𝙼𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙷:
A Star-struck smile that
could convince the sun
to move, even if only
slightly.

P
E
R
S
O
N
A
L
I
T
Y

T
R
A
I
T
S

𝙾𝚞𝚝𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔:
HOPEFUL
𝙸𝚖𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜:
HASTY
𝙰𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜:
EMPATHETIC
𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢:
DILIGENT
𝙱𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜:
VALOROUS
𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚢:
QUIET
EMOTIONALDISPOSITION
Sylvain carries himself with grace
and gentle nature. He is most often
curious or calm but when a mood
strikes him, it tends to stay.
MOODINESS
However calm and graceful he
might be Sylvain is prone to bouts
of wistful sobbing when he feels
ashamed of his actions or decisions
and easily falls into melancholy when
left to ruminate for too long.
𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙼𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 |
Lately, Sylvain has let his grades slip to better
focus on discovering more about the wizarding
world. Having been put in the position of growing
up in the muggle world before finding the truth about
his parents, Sylvain longs to uncover all of the mysteries
of his past in order to better pioneer his future.

𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙸𝚃𝚈 | Skeptical
𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 | Potions
𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚃𝙸𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 | Love

Last edited by Sylvain Wyllt on 3 May 2022, 19:21, edited 33 times in total.

31 Mar 2020, 16:44
Collaboration Corner
Plotting and Interactions

If you would like to roleplay with Sylvain please feel free to send me an owl or message me on discord or by owls if you want to roleplay with me.
My Thread Ideas Include:
Facing our fears together, overcoming them successfully, then having a good laugh at ourselves for being scared for no good reason.

We agree that pulling a prank on someone who will get a laugh out of it sounds like harmless fun. Then we get detention for it.

We both end up hiding in our (locker, dorm, common, bathroom etc.) just to get a little more alone time because school can be overwhelming. We end up sharing stories of home.

We meet at one of the after class dancing clubs and you find that I'm a horrible dancer who is quite proud of it despite the fact.

I overheard that you don't trust one of the adults, but maybe you could trust the perspective of a former prefect?

We get into a heated debate about a silly philosophical question or quaint hypothesis about magical theory, and then become better friends for it.

You address the white elephant in the room and ask me what I'm doing with so many chocolate frogs stashed away. I deflect like an expert. If you are persistent, I give you a chocolate frog to keep quiet.

We've bonded over lunch having gone long periods of time without saying anything to each other before which leads to one of us noticing the other is missing and discovering something interesting about the them.

I bore you with details of a subject I am extraordinarily passionate about (be forewarned, I will talk at length) while you copy down my homework without me noticing.

You stop me, asking me for help while I'm in a hurry, I gladly lose track of time helping you because whatever I was in a rush to do clearly isn't as important to me as you are.

Last edited by Sylvain Wyllt on 23 Dec 2021, 13:16, edited 26 times in total.

31 Mar 2020, 16:47
The Showroom

A collection of various artwork, ideas, concepts and images that he likes, or has been made for Sylvain.
Invitation to create: You have my express permission to draw my character, create artworks in mediums outside of writing that depict my character and I would be incredibly grateful to have that art shared with me!
First Year Portrait: Credit to Alan Vanes
Reducio
Exploration Mood Board: Credit to Anon.
Reducio

Quidditch Game: London Stadium Championships, Hufflepuff Vs. Durmstrang.
Reducio

Thanks again to Breana Olivierre, who did this on commission.
Done by Lizzie Verdine
Reducio

Commissioned by Willow Anderson
Reducio
Drawn by Ami Procoppio
Reducio
Drawn by Selim Faust
Reducio
Created by Aspen Summers
Reducio
Created by Ami Procoppio
Reducio
ImageImage
Credit goes to Selene Ackerman for creating this beautiful art
Reducio
Credit to Aurora Ranvier for creating these for my Birthday!!!
Reducio

Last edited by Sylvain Wyllt on 5 Jan 2022, 17:38, edited 23 times in total.

6 Apr 2020, 19:18
Name: Roberta Abeille Martin

School: Beauxbatons

Year: 2nd Year

Appearance: Often serious, the slender and graceful Roberta rarely lets her hair down from its tight bun. Her posture is exceptional as she is both a lively dancer and amateur fencer trained by her father and mother. Her bright and enthusiastic smile is usually seen right after victory, a more determined look creases her brow and forehead while she concentrates. Often focused and clearly high-spirited, no amount of distraction seems to pull Roberta's confident glower away from her opponents when in the ring.

Personality: Born to win and taught not to accept defeat too early, Roberta is a shining example of someone who is hard on others, and even harder on herself. While she enjoys her athletic hobbies and the vibrancy magic brings to her life, Roberta spends most of her time furthering her still incomplete knowledge of the many charms and jinxes used in such wizard duels. Otherwise, she tries to get her work done as fast as possible so that she can follow her passions.

Outside of the arena, Roberta tends to make a friend out of every new face she meets, as even her most vehement opponents have earned her respect after coming to terms. Those that meet her in person rapidly learn that the overly protective and fearsome athlete desires above all to win honorably. Roberta's closest friends and family know she would go to even greater lengths to earn their respect and admiration, even so far as to push herself a little too hard.

Looking to please not only her family and friends but herself, Roberta is a perfectionist who has yet to master anything. This lack of mastery combined with her silent impatience grates at her on a personal level even though she does not frequently share those opinions. Rarely the type to lash out in anger or revenge, but often the type to stand her ground to the death, Roberta Martin stands head and shoulders above most of her peers, but only because she does her absolute best.

History: Born on the unusually warm afternoon of February 8th 2008 to her father Amaury Martin and her mother Ghislaine Vogel, Roberta was thrust into the lap of luxury. Roberta's parents, both pureblooded wizards boasting heritage of duelists, athletes, and more, have consistently pushed their young champion to achieve her greatest ambitions. Since she was very small she has held a sword, and as a warrior she has rarely accepted defeat. As a child, she's known it plenty.

The night of her 6th birthday, Amaury and Ghislaine gifted Roberta with her first rapier. Both wary that their daughters innate magical abilities might manifest, they pressured her to maintain a regiment of practice far too stressful for a child her age. In a fit of anger after losing a bought to her older brother, Roberta snapped her foil in twain. Doubtful it would work, but amazed nonetheless when it did, the prodigy duelist pressed the two halves of her sword together and after releasing her grip, the parts remained whole. The Martin family threw a tremendous celebration the following week.

On her eleventh year, Roberta was sent to study at Beauxbatons. Quickly finding that she not only enjoyed learning about magic, but loved it, Roberta discovered that the naturally artistic expression of wizard dueling called to her in a way that inspired her ambitions. The young witch quickly fell into the ranks of students who would sign up for the dueling within the academy. Good sportsmanship and elegant displays of magic became her forte. After practicing hard, Roberta stood out from the other students after confronting her then nemesis and deflating his ego with a well timed flippendo sent him crashing into the fountains of the school's lavish gardens.

Her first year at Beauxbatons whizzed by as she kept her head down after making her big splash. The number of those who called themselves her rival dwindled, and popularity of those who called themselves her friend soared. She then spent the summer practicing fencing, ballet and horseback riding on her family estate in southern France. Before the start of the school year, Amaury and Ghislaine took Roberta on a tour around their home countries, showing their daughter the various monuments and statues. Of those she saw, one impressed her most, the Arc De Triomphe.

After witnessing the many names on the monument to victory, Roberta swore to herself that one day a monument would be raised in honor of her own victories. First she would have to find something worth fighting for.
Is your character a Broom Racer? NO.

Is your character a Quidditch Player? NO.

Is your character a Duelist? YES.
Stats:

Stamina: 8
Evasion: 10
Strength: 1
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 5
Accuracy: 8

Abilities:
Evasive Maneuvers
First Year Ability

Reducio
Amaury Hexcode: 4066e0
Roberta Hexcode: 967bb6
Relentless in his assault, Amaury Martin's flurry of blows kept his fencing partner and ten year old daughter Roberta at bay. Size being her most limiting factor, Roberta was perpetually at a disadvantage when fighting her father. As he had told her a dozen times before it took root in her mind, the victory-minded duelist would have to create an opening rather than wait for one to appear. If she made an opening she could close in and strike true, the only problem was that her father's form was quite flawless. It was his mastery of martial arts she envied now as they fought, later it would be his ability to pick ice cream flavors.

"You're not fighting fair." She said with a grumpy pout on her face. "Your arms are much longer, and you're at least a meter taller than me." Focused and determined, her words did not distract her from the battle, but rather accented her anger as she struck back at him, missing thrice.

"Ma petite championne." My little champion Amaury said with a ticklishly warm and playful undertone. "You cannot assume that all of your fights and bouts will be fair! No, you must steal victory out from beneath your opponents." Each word was punctuated with a swipe or a thrust. There was no resting for the Martin family duelists, they did not relent until they had been proven triumphant, or forced to accept defeat.

Nimbly evading, yet another weak swipe to the side in preparation for a thrust, Roberta attempted to find her balance while making a mental note to parry on the inside of the slash the next time he made that mistake. If her father wasn't going to make a mistake and provide her with an opening, the spirited warrior witch was going to make him offer her one.

"Petit Abeille," Little Bee her father japed as he stabbed at her again, "why do you dodge instead of striking?" His face was alight with bemusement as his stabs missed his nimble daughters backpedaling. If she could read his thoughts however she would hear the overflowing but bottled up pride that swelled with each of her evasive maneuvers.

A flash of inspiration swept across Roberta's face as her father attempted the same mistake she'd been looking for. Hilt off alignment lead by a low aggression swipe to the same side in preparation for a thrust. He'd done this three times in a row. She brought her foil up and in full to glide along her opponent's epee effortlessly. It was as though two streams converged into one. A nimble step to her right through the slash off center making the thrust miss her by less than a couple centimetres. Those centimetres were calculated. With her every fraction of her might, Roberta pushed the rapier true and struck her shell-shocked father in the chest.

Mouth agape, Amaury removed his helmet to stare at the marvel of his daughter, the french pureblood was awe-stricken. His little champion before him, prideful in her triumph.

"I learned it from you." She said with the same bemusement her father had earlier. "if there's not an opening, I'll make one."

Evasive Maneuvers
Second Year

Reducio
Bernard Hexcode: c21807
Roberta Hexcode: 967bb6
Unsure as to whether or not "Big fat stupid idiot," was enough to get him riled up, Roberta went ahead and bit her thumb too. Sick of his bullying, and not just that which affected herself but everyone else around her too, Roberta decided to pick a fight with Bernard Colline. Sure, he might have been a werewolf, but that didn't mean he automatically had the right to pick on everyone just for having cursed blood. The nerve of some people astounded her sensibilities.

Predictably, the massively towering third year dropped the poor eleven year recipient of his torture and trudged through a flower bed. Lavender was crushed beneath his plodding footsteps as the earth itself parted beneath his grungy boots. "Say it to my face and not my back you coward." That was a mistake on his part for sure, she might have let it go if he stopped, but she was not going to back down from a challenge so forthright.

Not be fearless, but not a coward, the brute's insult resulted in a reaction that was opposite to effect he had desired. "I said, you're a no good, big, fat, stupid, idiot." She poked his chubby belly for good measure. He was only thirteen or fourteen after all, barely old enough to start looking more adult like so he had some chubbiness. Like her instructors had taught her, and exactly as she had been prepared to do, she slowly crept her wand out of it's holster while digging her finger into his belly button. The provocation didn't last long, as the tickling sensation apparently really pissed him off.

"ARAAGH," the teenage werewolf screamed furiously while nearly foaming at the mouth. Bernard brought both arms upwards in a huge arc. Rage consumed his features and made him as predictable as broad daylight, showing exactly how boys all to often elected to solve their problems. Bernard's stupid idiot arms then came crashing down with such force that he would surely have pulverized the duelist into a paste or dust of some kind. Of course, Roberta was prepared for this exact move and only had to step back to dodge out of inaccurate brute's way. Her combat reflexes were already improving.

Pivoting to the back of Bernard's enraged and spitting form, Roberta pointed her wand at his back. She then flipped the now soaking wet cretin of a dog into the ornate fountains amidst Beauxbaton's lavish gardens using a well timed knock back charm. Plain to see for all enjoying their lunch in the courtyards, Roberta was clearly victorious over the dampened bully. Respectfully and politely, the triumphant bee leaned forward extending the same hand that poked Bernard's belly button as a peace offering. "Here, let's dry you off so I can tell you what you did wrong and maybe next time you'll win." She smirked, "though you probably shouldn't count on it."

Approved
Bio, Appearance and Personality (Approved)
First Magic (Approved)
Stats - total is 40 (Approved)
Abilities: Evasive Maneuvers -- Evasive Maneuvers (Approved)

Additional IC Information for your NPC:
Roberta, like many of her age, made some friends and some enemies. One of these so-called rivals would have been the third year Bernard. Before one of their encounters, Roberta would be able to remember one thing the young werewolf had been boasting about. How his family would soon have more say than any of theirs when SCAR was done with them. How the time had come for the outcasts to have a say in the wizarding society. That day she waved the boy's comments away like a pestering fly. But with news from the mainland arriving soon, she may have realised there was more to his words than she initially thought. Perhaps she wondered if the same rumours were spread into the British Isles. Something for her to find out.
Last edited by Sylvain Wyllt on 23 Dec 2021, 13:28, edited 26 times in total.